“Still a good west side gem”
Review of Garcia's

Garcia's
Ranked #1,418 of 3,176 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This restaurant has been at this location for at least 20 years and is still hanging on. Whenever I am in town, I stop by to verify this. There ambiance is what it always has been, some of the same servers who have been working there for years are still there and it is worth the visit. Go check it out! Pollo Fundido is a staple on the menu and worth the try!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I love this place! It is NOT related to the chain - except for the names the chain bought. I used to eat here regularly, and picked up food on the way home from my evening job in their separate take-out facility.

The staff is attentive, the service is prompt, and the food is plentiful and good. The chips and salsa are as I remembered - great. What more can one ask?

Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Grew up on Garcias love the food but today was a day we got a bad bunch of take out device attitude!
1st off talking in Spanish to the other lady about your personal business while a customer is ordering is rude, and yes I speak Spanish so I understood your rude behavior. This was not our normal take out experience never seen Delia before or the chubby girl with dark lipstick who was very rude to a black guy who asked for a tortilla to go with his menudo, we get it you charge!!
The other take out group helps with orders these lazy woman yelled over the counter " order ready!• I have 2 babies one in high chair and you couldn't walk my food to me! How inconsiderate of you! I guess we will come back on days the other crew works and avoid weekend mornings!

1  Thank MandRSanchez
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We visited the Original on 35th Street In Phoenix two times recently while staying at a hotel nearby. The food was fresh, nicely presented by staff who really wanted you to enjoy your dinner. We had enchiladas and the house margs. They service fresh salsa, chips and beans on the side. Next time in Scottsdale, we will definitely drive over and eat here again. Keep it up! It is within a safe walking distance of the LaQuinta Hotel nearby and not far from the airport. Would be good for families, couples, seniors too.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I went here on recomendation from Hotel Manager and am glad I did. The service was good and the food was great! I'm not from this area and wasn't familiar with the menu. The Waitress was great in helping me decide. I will come back again and highly recomend this resturant.