“Not a great part of town (very old section of Phoenix), but worth it.”
Review of Garcia's

Garcia's
Ranked #1,742 of 3,101 Restaurants in Phoenix
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Vancouver, Washington
“Not a great part of town (very old section of Phoenix), but worth it.”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Have been coming here since 1993, and once again made my "pilgrimage" to Garcia's on a trip back to Phoenix. Resturant has not changed much in the nearly 20 years that I have been coming to it, and the Pollo Fundido's still are FANTASTIC! The complmentary chips were a bit on the tough side this time, but everything else more than made up for it. My wife continually craves the chili relleno after a visit here. Like I said, not the greatest part of town, but since I worked in the general area for ~ 10 years, it doesnt bother me; but it might give someone from out-of-town a bad feel. But if you can ignore this item, you will leave satisfied to say the least.

• Visited August 2012

Peoria, Arizona, United States
“Don't bother”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stopped here for lunch while in the area. Service was pretty good. Waitress not too interested. Asked about a couple of the items and she said "I don't eat fish". I ordered a glass of their house chardonnay...(Sutter Home I found out later). It was not only bad but they charged me $5.00 for it....My husband had ice tea...$3.00 and he said it was like dirty water...We ate the food but it was nothing to write home about. The ladies room had several floor tiles missing...That causes a problem when it comes to cleaning the floors. Not impressed with this place.

• Visited September 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
“Worst waiter ever”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Have not been there for awhile and won't be back soon again. Our waiter did not smile, barely spoke and at the end of the meal pretty much threw the bill on the table and told us to pay him. My wife also ordered something with meat (vegitarian) and mentioned it to the waiter and even though it was her mistake I think he should have offered her something else. Also the bar was so noisy we could hardly hear each other. Other than that the food was pretty good.

• Visited August 2012
Goodyear, AZ
“The Original Garcia's In Phoenix”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

This is the orginal Garcia's and has better food than any other Garcia's (or any other Mexican restaurant) in the west Phoenix/Goodyear area. The restaurant isn't in the best area but so far we haven't had any issues parking there and we have been coming to this place for over 35 years. We now have to drive for 25 minutes to get there, but it is worth it to us - the Goodyear Mexican restaurants do not compare to this place. They have the best spanish rice and chili rellenos in my opinion; the rellenos are not like scrambled eggs, cheese and sauce like so many other restaurants serve. It is a large green chile stuffed with cheese and covered in a great sauce. All other dishes we have tried have been great as well! The frozen margaritas are great and if is not strong enough for you, send it back and they will try again. The chips and salsa are wonderful and if the salsa isn't hot enough for you ask for the hot sauce and that should do it. Do not hesitate to try this Garcias if you love good Mexican food.

• Visited June 2012
St. Paul, MN
“Old world, family run, traditional SW Mexican food”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is an old standard in Phoenix. The decor is definitely old Mexico. Food is a lot better than your typical, cheese smothered enchilada with rice and beans dishes you find in most Mexican restaurants. I could taste a lot of good flavors and spices that go missing from restaurants that become too Americanized. My only caution is - don't order tequila shots. There is more glass than Tequila and frankly was not worth the price. Barely and ounce! Enjoy the food! It is delicious.

• Visited March 2012