2,787 results
All reviews frank lloyd wright the cottages paradise pool catalina pool paradise wing history tour main building main pool beautiful property fire pit swim up bar self parking tennis courts resort fee golf course fitness center phoenix area
Selected filters
Reviewed November 10, 2017

8 women came for the weekend and when we checked in , we were given our rooms right away which was a big plus since it was hours before checking..the grounds are really pretty and the rooms are huge..some os the staff was not very nice , esp one of the older men at the front desk, he actually treated us like we were stupid , which i really didnt appreciate..
I lost an earring back in the room and used a magnifying light on my phone to find it, and that was a bad idea as the carpets were disgusting, really gross..
The waitress at the pool was darling and gave great service but the food was some of the worst food we ever had at a hotel, it was unedible..
And the hotel shuttle was nice but the valet one day told us it would take us to the mall, and the next day another bellhop told us they didnt go to the mall and we would need an uber , so no one really knew where the shuttle went..
I think on my next trip to phoenix i might try another hotel,,
For a waldorf astoria it was very disappointing....

Trip type: Traveled with friends
GM_ArizonaBiltmore, General Manager at Arizona Biltmore, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2017

Dear dtoney

We are so sorry to hear that we did not exceed expectations, as we always strive to do. It is our priority to ensure that you receive top quality service, accommodations and dining and we are sorry that we fell short of that. Thank you for taking the time to share with us the factors or carpet cleanliness in that room and the food quality - we will use this feedback to improve. Thank you again and we do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

The hotel grounds are impressive and it seems well maintained. The food was above average and the pool and fitness room were decent.

The service was fairly lousy at the pool. There weren't many guests there during my stay, but if you wanted a waitress you had to go to the bar and ask if anyone was going to come around. I usually vacation at Ritz Carlton properties where service is much better by comparison. WiFi reception was terrible.

Oh, and a fireworks display on the hotel grounds isn't a great idea, what with people trying to sleep and all.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Brian_Van_D

Dear Brian_Van_D

Thank you for writing to share with us about your experience. We appreciate the details that you provided so that we know how we can improve in these areas. We apologize that we did not surpass the average, as we want for our guests the absolute best. Thank you again for sharing and we do hope to get to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed November 8, 2017

It was a nice stay, I paid for an upgraded poolside room , I would really consider it a poolside(ish) room. The room was past the pool. Room wasn’t ready at the check in time. The property was nice and service was good.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
1  Thank Chicagowebs

Dear Chicagowebs

We are sorry that it seems there was a miscommunication in regards to the room's location, but thank you sincerely for sharing this with us, so that we can make sure our team knows the importance of describing it most accurately. We hope that you consider coming back to visit us again in the future!

Reviewed November 8, 2017

I was somewhat underwhelmed by my visit to the Arizona Biltmore pool. Here is my list of pros and cons:

Pros:
- Food and beverage service is available until 5pm
- Lounge chairs and umbrellas were sufficiently available during my visit Oct 24th.
- Towels were available without having to search too much

Cons:
- My primary complaint was the cleanliness of the pool. It was full of flotsom and insects. This very much detracted from me wanting to be in it.
- The pool was warmer than I would like, but this is a personal preference
- Food was lackluster
- It wasn't as clean around the deck as I would expect
- There is no change room/showers to use, only a restroom

I visited three other local resort pools during the week, and this was sadly the one I least enjoyed. HOWEVER, these are mostly easy fixes. The rest of the property was fantastic, and I thoroughly enjoyed my meal at the outdoor terrace.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Wanderlusterful

Thank you so much for sharing this valuable feedback with our team. We appreciate your perspective and will work every day to make these improvements that you have mentioned. We hope to see you again the near future!

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

Loved staying at a Frank Lloyd Wright property- rooms are modern and beautiful- hotel is historic and interesting.... incredible gardens and grounds. 15 minutes from airport and around the corner from great shopping and eating. Hiking nearby as well. Wish we could have stayed longer...

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear DVgal

We, too, love Frank Lloyd Wright's inspiration that is apparent all through the grounds of the resort. Thank you for sharing your lovely experience with us. We love to hear that our guests are thoroughly enjoying their stays. We cannot wait for you to come back and spend more time with us!