“Wonderful experience!”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix
Ranked #41 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed February 26, 2014

It was our first time at our Keller Williams Convention and staying in the double tree was wonderful! Clean, all the luxuries you can ask for, comfortable, did not want to leave! Made our entire experience a true pleasure. Rhonda G

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Our business group stays here every year. The hotel is older but well maintained and comfortable. It is quiet and the banquet facilities and food are very nice. I especially like the closeness to the airport and the convenient 24 hour shuttle.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Richard, I'm happy that our location near the airport and our complimentary 24-hour airport shuttle worked well for you while you attended your annual meeting here. We look forward to next year.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

It all started with a delayed flight. A call to the hotel to warn of a late arrival was welcomed with the information that I was not booked at this property until the following day - my assistant had made an error. Though there were rooms available, the person on the phone told me they were unable to add a room night for me as "it was against Hilton policy". If I wanted another night, I would have to reserve a room on line. Really? Based on that attitude, I chose to stay at the ALoft across the street instead. When I did arrive to check in at the DoubleTree, I quickly realized I should have just remained at the ALoft. The DoubleTree facility is dated in general, with the concrete exterior and steel railings reminiscent of the finest prison or detention center. The interior of my room wasn't much better. Tired decor, 1980's color schemes and an uncomfortable bed. Breakfast was lackluster as was the conference luncheon. On two different occasions, late a night the pool was overrun with loud and boisterous revelers, who the hotel staff apparently were not willing to confront, so they kept us up until the wee hours of the morning. Not a nice experience in the least for paying nearly $200 per night.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I apologize that our hotel did not meet expectations. I will remind my 24-hour security staff to maintain a quiet pool area. The pool closes at 11pm nightly and late noise should not have been an issue. I am unfortunately at a loss as to why we were unable to accommodate you upon arrival. Once again, I apologize.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

The only reason I ranked the Sleep Quality low is due to the pull out sofa/bed that I slept on. Very uncomfortable...needs to be upgraded. Overall the hotel was excellent. The staff was helpful from pick up at the airport to drop off. It was a bit far from the convention center however it is quite close to the light rail which is very efficient.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

The staff of this hotel went out of their way to make my stay enjoyable. While it is a very large property the staff made it feel very personal. I stayed on the first floor and enjoyed the landscaping that was very well maintained. It is close to the airport and has a very complete breakfast buffet. I read that internet was extra but received and internet code and was able to connect without cost and it was reasonably fast. I stayed several days and the small refrigerator and microwave were very handy. It is just down the street from the Chinese Cultural Center so there is an abundance of excellent Chinese food.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor and found it very convenient and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Charged me full price of the day before we arrived. Manager was extremely disrespectful and would not do anything for us. Rooms are not at all worth $204/night. Especially for poor management. Find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank JKAII
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The hotel was clean. Staff very friendly and helpful. the hotel could use better signage. It is difficult to navigate since most sleeping rooms and banquet rooms are accessed through the outside courtyard.