DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix
Ranked #39 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Prescott, United States
“Nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

Great location, great price, nice quality of room. The staff was friendly and courteous and gave me great directions to the local amenities. Within 2 miles is a movie theater, all sorts of restaurants and a mall, as well as local attractions. Downtown is just blocks away along with the Airport. This location is really close to everything.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thanks Lisa for the compliments. I'm happy that our convenient, central location worked well for you. The nearby Light Rail is another convenient way to get around town without renting a car. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Phoenix, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Nice place to stay. Great location and access to everything. Food and drinks were a little over priced in the restaurant. Would have been nice to have a better selection of pillows other then than ones.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I'm glad that we were your "Home Suite Home" for your three-week stay. We are reviewing our menu prices now and will use your comments to help us price our offerings accordingly. Thank you.
White Post, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

This Doubletree is one of the finest hotels I have ever stayed in and I travel all over the US. I would recommend to anyone wanting an excellent experience at a reasonable rate. The staff are courteous, the room is large and comfortable with modern conveniences, and eh free breakfast was fantastic.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

That is truly high praise Robert! Especially coming from a seasoned traveler. Thank you. I will pass your compliments onto my team.
Medford, OR, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Hilton Member: Dale Jensen Hilton Number: 886453651 Hotel: DoubleTree Suites at Phoenix, AZ Dates of Stay: Nov. 8-11 I have never written a letter like this before, but I thought the Hilton corporation should be aware of what my wife and I experienced at our recent stay at the Phoenix, AZ DoubleTree Suites. o We arrived on Nov. 9th at 2:00 am. I asked the front desk person to check to see if my Hilton number was in for my reservation. It was not, but he could not figure out how to put it in. The next morning, I came down before I had to leave for the day and it was in. o At check-in, I presented my Hilton card. It was a Gold card that I had in my wallet. The front desk told me that I was only a Silver member and that I should not have or use this card. He wanted to take it from me. I refused. My company is now using Marriott properties more frequently, so I understand that I lost my Gold status, but the attitude was not justified. o I had to give a 7 hour presentation at 8:00 am at a local school. At check-in I asked the same front desk person for a 5:45 am wake up call. I knew I had only a few hours and I did not want to sleep in. There was no wake up call. I am glam my wife was with me. I had to rush to meet my shuttle. o When I decided to extend my stay in Phoenix and bring my wife so that she could spend some time with her ailing uncle, I went to the web and looked up information about the hotel. I have stayed at this DoubleTree numerous times, but my wife wanted to see the restaurants and the local attractions. I called the hotel directly to extend my stay to 3 days because my company was picking up the first day. I saw on the website that the was a special meal offer, $20 per day for meals. I asked the booking agent and I was assured that we would qualify. When we arrived, the same night receptionist did not know of such a plan. o Again, when I came down and informed the desk about no wakeup call, they informed me that my plan did not qualify because I was extending a stay and I was given the first night's rate. This was not the message I received when I booked our extended stay. o While I was at work, my wife was called to vacate our room. The front desk informed her that she had stayed beyond the checkout time. According to the front desk, the night receptionist did not link the reservations. 30 minutes later, a security guard came down and wanted to help my wife remove our belongings from the room. My wife called the front desk and they told the security guard to stop harassing my wife. From this point on, my wife wished she had never accompanied me on my job. o When we checked in, we were informed that there was a complimentary breakfast buffet each morning. We were told the buffet would last until 10:00 am daily. I went down at 9:30 and they were closed. I was informed that breakfast was until 9:00 am Monday thru Friday. I am a long term Hilton member and have always enjoyed my stays at you properties. I really believe there needs to be a review of management at this DoubleTree. The room was clean and comfortable. The restaurant, the food, and its staff we up to the standard that I expect of a Hilton. All of our problems came from the front desk. Dale Jensen dalejensen10@gmail.com 541-773-4153 (home) 541-301-2759 (cell)

• 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Dale J
I'm sorry, Dale, that your stay with us was a bit bumpy. I've looked into your list of issues and we are using them for additional service training. We will strive to deliver only warm and accommodating service to all guests. Thank you for your detailed feedback.
Brier, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

The Double Tree near the Phoenix airport is an excellent choice for the business traveler. The hotel offers an airport shuttle, (although the last time I stayed at this hotel the shuttle never came, so service has improved) and the trip takes less than 10 minutes. The room I stayed in was clean and spacious. Upon arrival you will be handed a warm chocolate chip cookie, and that just makes the day better. The staff, both at the front desk and in their restaurant was helpful and friendly. Had a very pleasant stay.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I'm glad your business trip went well while you were in Phoenix. Our complimentary 24-hour airport shuttle is a great convenience. Our proximity to the Light Rail is also a benefit that allows visitors to access downtown Phoenix and Tempe in minutes without needing a rental car. We look forward to your next stay with us.
Phoenix, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel, beautifully set in Phoenix near the airport, provides excellent service and great rooms for a great price. The pool, breakfast, WiFi, shuttle to and from the airport (and Honey Bear BBQ, also) was superb. Also located 1 1/2 blocks from the light rail which takes you to many places throughout the Phoenix metro area for $4 for the entire day. The shuttle will take you to the stop as well. I highly recommend this hotel and will be staying again in the near future.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I'm glad that you will be returning soon. Your loyalty is valued and we will strive to confirm your confidence in us. Let me know the next time you go to Honey Bear BBQ and I'll pitch in for a sandwich for me. We will see you soon.
Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Well Ill start off by saying I have no major complaints at all. But there also is really nothing spectacular about the hotel either. I chose this hotel based on the fact I have a ton of hhonors points to use and was going to Phoenix for a wedding for one week. And upon browsing the local Hilton brand hotels this seemed to be about the best there was to offer in the Phoenix area.

Upon arrival we were promptly greeted. Check in was a breeze and received our complimentary cookies. The lobby area is very attractive as is the entrance to the hotel. My hilton honors settings are set to ground floor and close to elevator which I was asked if that was what i preferred so that was good. I did not realize there is no interior access to the suites. Had I known the elevator was way in the back and our room wound up way back in the corner of the hhonors floor I wasnt too pleased with that but we were only going to be sleeping there anyway with lots of attractions to see. So its not a big deal. Wish they would have said the elevator was that far away though.

Upon arriving at the room I wasnt very pleased. Amazing what wide angle lenses and good photography and editing can do. The decor is not very attractive. And in dire need of upgrading. The bathroom was really dingy and grimy. Big cut out in the ceiling from what I guess was prior plumbing work. Very old shower faucet and shower head with poor water pressure. The master bedroom was decent, bed wasnt very comfy and sank in quite a bit. I could feel myself leaning when I laid on the edge of the bed.

Im probably sounding disgruntled but I am not at all. If I had to pay for this room I definately would not as there are better options for the same price or less in the area. This is an old hotel renovated into a double tree and not standard of the double tree brand. But all in all it sufficed for what I needed. It just needs an overhaul.

Access to the hotel is very easy. Its close to the airport but not close enough that its bothersome. I did not hear a single jet in this busy airport during any night. Although there is a railway nearby and have heard some trains which werent too bad but they are noticeable.

The Phoenix Zoo, Botanical Gardens and Papago Park are very closeby which was a plus. Dining in the area is not the best. You really need to get out of the area by at least 5 miles for a good dining experience.

Also the pool was decent. My son had a blast and it is clean so that is a big plus compared to some hotels where the pools looked filthy.

The onsite restaurant is comparable in prices with most doubletrees. Complimentary breakfast was just average and what was odd was breakfast only til 9am. I travel 9 months a year for business and have never stayed in a hotel where breakfast was only served til 9 during the week, it is 7-10 on the weekend however. Youre still better off going to Scottsdale and hitting up Butters. Forget about Marks or the other famous breakfast spots. Butters is by FAR the best breakfast in the Phoenix area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you davebressi for the detailed review. I'm glad that our quiet rooms and spacious, clean pool met your needs. We are drawing up plans now for an upcoming room renovation so please keep in touch and stay with us again in the near future. Thank you also for being a loyal HHonors member of the Hilton family of brands.