“Room Review”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix
Ranked #40 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
“Room Review”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Very nice accommodations. Definitely would stay here again! Love the balcony overlooking the pool and hot tub. The orange trees that had actual oranges on them made me wish we had a pet monkey who could pick us one. What fun!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
We’re happy that you enjoyed the view of our lush courtyard and sparkling pool. I’ve never heard the idea of using a monkey to pick our oranges. Thanks for the chuckle!

Todd D. Wilson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Belle Mead, New Jersey
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The front desk staff was awesome. When we arrived I mentioned that my son was lactose intolerant and the front desk clerk immediately contacted the chef to make sure there were items on the breakfast menu for him. The rooms were spacious and clean with all the comforts of home including a microwave, refrigerator and coffee maker. The pool and hot tub are great and very clean with bar and food service. The hotel is like a resort but conveniently located near the airport. The entire staff is friendly. I can't say enough about this hotel and would recommend it to everyone. We checked out and went to the airport only to find out that our flight had been delayed for many hours. I called DoubleTree to ask if we could come back to wait there and they sent the free shuttle to pick us up. We had dinner at Belvedere's (which has great food) and we relaxed at the hotel and when we were ready to go back to the airport, the free shuttle brought us back. They were so accommodating to our needs... we were so lucky to have selected this hotel to stay at and we can't wait to return..

To anyone reading this.....we have very high standards and I would 100% recommend this hotel for your next stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in a 3rd floor room overlooking the pool area with a view of the airport.....it was lovely...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Wow! This is fantastic praise for my team. You covered so many of our attributes and I don’t think that I can write any more to embellish your comments. Thank you. Thank you.

Madison Wi
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Phoenix is just a city I go through on my way to Sedona. Sometimes I need to have a place to stay. This place worked out perfectly for me and my family. The suite was great with two tv's. It was mostly quiet. The pool is located in an open central courtyard. The swimming pool and hot tub are open from 6 AM to 11 PM. Lots of restaurants nearby. A buffet breakfast was included and had just about everything you could want.

Room Tip: Room 247 is in the back, on the end right by the stairs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the great feedback! Maybe we can get you to stay with us two nights next time you pass through. I hope that you and your family had a great time in Sedona. It’s a beautiful place to be. We look forward to your next time through town.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Southwest Airlines messed up my flight going home and I was left scrambling to find a hotel close to the airport. The Doubletree came to the rescue. Free hotel shuttle picked me up right outside if baggage claim. Friendly front desk staff made sure I was taken care off. The Hilton HHonors goodie bag was also a nice touch.

Because it was a last second booking I could only get a smoking room but the room was otherwise clean and the front desk sent someone up to freshen up the room straight away. Excellent customer service. If you need to stay near the airport be prepared for noise but this was a nice hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
I’m sorry that Southwest messed up your flight but I’m happy that you selected us for the evening. I will pass your compliments onto my team so they know that they delivered on our promise to be friendly and accommodating. I hope that you select us again next time.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed March 23, 2013

The front desk staff was very friendly. As was the restaurant hostess and other restaurant employees. The room was very clean and comfortable. If you're looking for a home away from home this place is great. There is a living area, dining area, and separate bedroom. There is plenty of workspace for a business trip (free wi-fi!).

The free breakfast buffet was pretty decent with loads of fresh fruit, hot food, baked goods, coffee and juices. You can get room service and poolside service in addition to eating in the restaurant. The pool was nice but if you want to get any sun you'll have to do it early. It's in the courtyard and the shadows from the hotel take it over by late afternoon.

The airport shuttle is free and run every half hour. The drivers were very courteous and timely. The hotel is also only a block and a half walk from the light rail. If you're too tired or lazy the shuttle will drop you if you ask.

Lastly, the warm cookie at reception is ridiculously good. And you can go get another at any time.

Room Tip: You may not want a room facing the pool if you're seeking quiet if there are a bunch of kids hav...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
It’s great when guests call us their “home away from home”. That is one of the highest compliments that we can receive. It always makes the stay with us more welcoming when greeted with a warm chocolate chip cookie. I will pass on your compliments to my team.

Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Once again we stayed at the Double Tree Suites in Phoenix. We stayed the night we arrived in Phoenix and the night before we returned to Philadelphia. It is a lovely hotel and the staff is outstanding. They are very helpful (in all areas). While we were there there were a number of wedding receptions going on and it created a "festive occasion" for everyone. The rooms are large and well appointed. The food (in the bar and the breakfast) was excellent. While having dinner in the bar, we were able to watch the Philadelphia Flyers game too!!! We will continue to stay there when we are in Arizona for "spring training and fall ball." The Shuttle Service is outstanding. (Pete and Ray!!!)

Room Tip: My husband has trouble walking and asked for a "low floor room", near the elevators. We h...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pema27quid
Thank you for your loyalty over the years. You can’t beat Phoenix in March… great weather, spring training baseball, golf, shopping etc. I’m happy to read that the weddings we were hosting helped add to the festive occasion. We look forward to your next visit!

Sawbridgeworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We received a warm welcome at reception after a long flight. Check in was slow but we were too tired to be in a hurry. The room was very comfortable and quiet. Best of all was the extremely helpful shuttle bus driver. Breakfast is average and no bacon available.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple