“Best Hilton Property I've Been To”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix
Ranked #41 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have been coming back to this property for close to 10 years. All the rooms are spacious, well appointed suites. The couch in the living area can be used as a sleeper sofa. Each room has 2 tvs, one in the bedroom and one in the living area. The bed and bedding are luxurious. The room darkening shades actually work, unlike other places I've been to, and I always look forward to an amazing night's sleep here.

On my last visit, I used the hotel's "Park and Ride" service to the airport for the first time. The service was seamless. The drivers both to and from the airport were courteous, and they insisted on helping with everyone's baggage. I would recommend this hotel to all, but especially those needing a good hub near the airport.

The hotel's amenities are also excellent. I've eaten breakfast at the restaurant downstairs before, and been very pleased. The pool area is lovely and inviting. And of course, you get that delicious cookie at check-in. That silly cookie is such a nice touch! All around, this is an excellent property, and I will no doubt be coming back for another 10 years.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

This is a generously positive review of our hotel. Thank you. You listed us as the “best Hilton you’ve been to”. We are very proud to have made this impact. You enjoyed the good night’s sleep, the convenient light rail and the ever popular warm DoubleTree chocolate chip cookie. We look forward to the next 10 years with us.

Todd D. Wilson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,453)

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This is a very good place to hold a business meeting - lots of meeting rooms of various sizes, good service and very close to the airport. There is no highway noise at all and for being so close to the airport very little airport noise. The rooms are very comfortable - I usually do not sleep well in hotels but that was not the case here :-). The work area is great and wifi access was fast and easy throughout the hotel. There is a TV in both the living area and the bedroom. The room was very clean. The breakfast bar has a large variety of items to choose from and the service was very good. The shuttle ran like clockwork and the pick up location at the airport is convenient. It is also within walking distance of the light rail so an easy trip to Tempe for dinner. Overall a very nice place to stay.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be very similar - face an interior courtyard.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

We pride ourselves on providing everything for a successful business meeting. You covered just about everything including our complimentary 24-hour airport shuttle service and our comfortable rooms. I will pass your compliments on to my team. They love positive feedback. Thank you and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Very large, clean rooms. Wonderful heated swimming pool and hot tub. Excellent hot breakfast buffet that has something for everyone. Walking distance to a market and several reasonable chinese restaurants. Shuttle service runs a very prompt schedule. Very polite employees eager to assist in every way. Looking forward to staying here again. Thank you for making our vacation a great one.

• Stayed: February 2013

We also look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you for the great review. I’m glad that you enjoyed the nearby Chinese Cultural Center. There are some great restaurants within walking distance and a Chinese market. Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We only had one night at this hotel, but it was perfect for my 12-year old son and I. We didn't arrive at the airport until midnight Friday night of President's Day weekend, and because they were so busy they told us to take a cab ,for which we would be reimbursed. As busy as they were, even that late at night, they were kind and courteous, and checked us in quickly (including giving me cash for the cab!). Unfortunately we didn't get the advertised fresh-baked cookies, but we totally understood given the time of night and full hotel (and actually I was happy my son didn't get that little late night pick-me-up!). We didn't have time to enjoy the property, but the pool looked nice. The suite was wonderful - we had two queen sized beds & the extra room with desk, couch, t.v., etc. Coffee maker with complimentary coffee was great in the morning, plus free bottles of water and a fridge which is great for families with kids. The next morning I went down for the free breakfast buffet and they easily accommodated my need to take a plate back for my son who was still sleeping. Check-out was just as easy as check in, and although we didn't need it, it looked like the airport shuttle was easily available. I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

I apologize for being slow with the airport shuttle but I ‘m happy to read that you were greeted courteously. It appears that the Hotel met and exceeded your needs. Thank you for your business and we look forward to your next visit to sunny Phoenix.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Doubletree by Hilton Hotel located by the Phoenix Airport is a good property. The staff at this location makes your stay. The Hotel rooms are very accommodating with a living room area (with a pull out couch if needed) and a bedroom in the back. There are two TV's, one in each room, microwave, sink and small coffee pot, desk with internet access.
Breakfast is included. You can park for free (for up to two weeks if you stay at both ends of your trip. Fee's may apply after 14 days) and shuttle to the airport.
The shuttle departs every 30 minutes. The shuttle bus drivers are wonderful! They go over and above the call of duty to make sure all of your needs are met.

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same at this location. The hotel is older but well taken care of. There is a...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

What a fantastic review of the DoubleTree Suites Phoenix! Your covered nearly all of the bases of what makes this hotel so enjoyable. I will pass all compliments onto my team, especially our “wonderful” shuttle drivers.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

The room was big and clean although I kept smelling whiffs of dog pee every now and then. Close to the airport. The hotel shuttle will take you to the grocery store a couple of miles away if you don't have a car which I didn't. There are no fast food places close by. Overall nice place.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed here one night before flying out of Phoenix the following afternoon. It was not expensive, and the accommodations were super.

They allowed us to do early check in, and of course, provided us with tasty cookies upon our arrival, as is their custom. We had our two children with us so we got a room with a king bed in the bedroom and a comfortable pull out couch for the kids to sleep on in the living room. The room was a good size, clean, and the bathroom and shower were nice.

It is not too far from Arizona Mills shopping mall, so I dropped my wife off there and took the kids swimming back at the hotel pool - they had a great time. This was the end of November, so one end of the pool where the sun was shining was a fair bit warmer, but the whole thing was acceptably warm. There are lots of palm trees around and it is a nice setting.

We ate supper at the attached restaurant that night. A bit pricey for what we got, but a good meal. The next day, breakfast was included in our room rate and there was lots of food for breakfast.

We would happily stay here again and would highly recommend it if you want a place close to the airport (free airport shuttle).

Room Tip: We got a room looking over the pool; the kids loved that
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for your business. I’m pleased to read about all of the great experiences you encountered while you were here. Shopping… Swimming… Sunny weather… Sounds like the perfect Phoenix vacation.