“cold jacuzzi, no one cared”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix
Ranked #39 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We arrived for a one night stay on Dec. 23. Have just come from the cold country, we were anticipating a good soak in the hot tub, only to find that it was colder than the pool! I told the front desk and was told in a condescending tone "you have to turn the knob on". When I said it was the temp, I was ignored. Late that night, I again phoned a different person at the front desk and was told "no one else has said anything". The next morning, I again told a different person who said "really? I'll have to contact the maintenance people". By 10 a.m. it still wasn't fixed. When I asked for an adjustment on our bill, I was told there was nothing they could do. I understand problems happen, but their whole attitude was "too bad, so sad, haha".

Repair details in the room were poor. The door handle between rooms was loose. The ceiling panel access in the bathroom was chipped and unpainted. There was just a general air of lack of care and consideration for the guests.

BUT, the free breakfast buffet was fantastic!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies if you felt that our staff was unresponsive in any way. I can assure you I will pass on your comments to the appropriate department head to be used as a training tool. I’m glad that you did have the chance to enjoy our complimentary breakfast and hope you will give us another chance in the future.

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Phoenix

Reviewed December 9, 2011

Flew in for a one night stay for a business meeting. The hotel was really convenient to the airport, just a short taxi ride. The area is fine, but it's not far from a questionable neighborhood; so I liked the fact that the hotel was self contained. The rooms/suites are great and very comfortable. The restaurant was fabulous! And the service was very friendly. All in all, I'd definitely stay there again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments and look forward to having you visit us again.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

I chose this place as an overnight between the Phoenix airport and Sedona, and it was both more and less than I was expecting. To explain...

More: I'm a bit of a novice at hotel-staying, so I didn't realize that the "Suites" part of the name tends to mean that it's intended for longer, live-in stays. I didn't need the living room area or kitchenette, although the former gave me a nice spot to spread my yoga mat.

Less: The location (arriving at night) was a little dark, which made the confusing parking and entry areas a bit scary for a single gal. Also, the carpeting and upholstery in my room needed a bit of updating; I expected more to come with the Hilton name.

Just right: The upper floors were great for the openness, the pool looked very nice (though I didn't try it), the fitness room was convenient but small (fortunately there wasn't much demand), and the restaurant was very good. I got a good price on a travel web site, so it was a good value. Would probably be a great place to attend a small conference.

Room Tip: Bottom floor seemed like it would be noisy/uncomfortable due to noise or traffic from pool, cleaning...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2011

Thank you for your detailed review of your recent stay with us. Being a courtyard style property, outside lighting is always something we are working on improving. We appreciate your recommendation and hope to have you stay with us again in the future - hopefully for a longer visit so that you may take full advantage of our amenities such as spacious suites, pool and 24-hour fitness room.

Reviewed November 25, 2011

For a "four and a half star" hotel I was sadly disappointed. The rooms were extremely dirty. Not dusted with spider webs above the door and a very dirty toilet! Also had a centipede in our entry way which was absolutely disgusting! But even past the dirt the worst part was NO WIFI! They do offer it in the lobby but the signal is awful! It's 2011 get your guest wifi in the rooms!

• Stayed: November 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I apologize for the problems you encountered and assure you that we use these reviews as a training tool for our staff. We do actually offer WiFi in all of our guest suites. There may have been an issue during your visit and I am sorry about that. In 2012 we are upgrading our system and that will hopefully correct anything like that happening in the future. We hope you’ll give us another chance and stay with us again next time you are visiting the Phoenix area.

Reviewed November 25, 2011

I stayed here with my husband while we did the usual treck through the state to see the Grand Canyon and other attractions. We weren't at the hotel very much in the day but we found it very comfortable, the room was lovely and clean. There is a swimming pool with hot tub which we enjoyed. Breakfast is a feast! We were here for nearly two weeks so ended up mostly eating the fruit on offer but there is full cooked breakfast on offer.

The hotel is so close to the airport but you aren't disturbed by the airplains at all.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2011

Would definitely stay again. Very good service and food. Conference facilities also very good and everything went smoothly. Room was extremely comfortable with more than enough space.

Room Tip: Was at the "back" of the hotel which was convenient place to park with easy access to stre...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for the great feedback. I will pass your compliments on to my team.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed for two nights and would defiantly stay again, about 8 minutes from the Airport via a free shuttle. Nice size, clean rooms and the staff was fantastic. They were very helpful and attentive. The hotel was sold out on my first night so when I went to the very small hotel gym at 5:00 in the morning I had to wait for 20 minutes to use one of the two treadmills. Given the size of the hotel , I would have expected a larger gym with much more equipment. All in all it was a great stay and I will stay again when business brings me back to Phoenix.

Room Tip: Rooms on high floor away from the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business