“Near Sky Harbor Airport for early flight home”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix
Ranked #41 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We had a 7:00 am flight out so we chose doubletree and with Hilton rewards this property was even better value as we needed two rooms. My husband returned the car that evening so we wouldn't have to take thetime in the morning. The Free shuttle service that doubletree provides both to and from the airport and to a nearby restaurant are an added perk. Not to mention the warm chocolate chip cookies on arrival.We couldn't try the pool as it was closed for a sandstorm. The only problem I have is that the suites which are extremely comfortable and appear brand new are acessed from an exterior coutyard which yes might be pkeasNt in the winter in AZ bit when it is 105 out I found it not fun as Phoenix has high humidity unlike the other areas we visited in AZ .
They also provide coffee,fruit,and muffins for early departures who are missing the breakfast sit down which was appreciated by all five in my family.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,479)

Reviewed July 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed one night at the Doubletree, the first night of our tour with Caravan - Grand Canyon. The Suite was comfortable, the pool was nice, the meeting facilities were adequate and the on-site bar and restaurant food and beverarges were good and reasonable.

Room Tip: The room is connected by outside walkways to several buildings. Closer to the main building is pref...
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2011

Thank you so much for your positive feedback – we all look forward to Caravan tour groups that kick off their vacations with us. Even for a one night stay I’m glad you were able to take advantage of many of our amenities. I appreciate your 5-star rating and we hope to have you stay with us again in the future, maybe for longer than just one night.

Reviewed July 6, 2011

Stayed 4 nights in this hotel during June 2011. Staff were tremendous to work with. They all were very accomondating. Loved the pool and the restaurant is a full buffet and very good. Location is 10 mins to the airport. Rooms were very clean and reasonable large. There is a separate room the bedroom which is kind of nice. So if someone wants to sleep others can watch TV in the other room. I have stayed here before and have always been very impressed with this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2011

Thank you for your review and 5-star rating. I appreciate your loyalty and kind comments about our staff and amenities. Our spacious two-room suites with separate parlor and complimentary full breakfast buffet are unique to this area that is in such close proximity to the airport. Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 1, 2011

I was upgraded to a Business Suite as a HH Diamond. Very nice. HD TV in living area and flat screen TV in bedroom. I liked the outside entrances. The breakfast buffet was delicious. Easy drive on surface roads to airport rental car facility. I had Room Service 1 night which was reasonable in price and very good. Will stay again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your review and 5-star rating. As a Hilton HHonors Diamond member we appreciate your loyalty and do everything we can to ensure your return and make your stay as pleasant as possible. I was pleased to see you were comfortable in your Business Class suite and took advantage of our complimentary full buffet breakfast and in-room dining. We do look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

Stayed here with a group of seven for a big work trip, so I spent about $2000. I was shocked to arrive at the hotel to find that all guest rooms are accessed via external hallways. That is not really what I expect from a DubTree. The rooms are standard DubTree fair--fine, nothing fancy, large. But there's no wireless in the room...hardwired Ethernet connection, which is 2011 is just ridiculous. The property is huge, and nicely landscaped. The gym is better than most hotel gyms, though getting there from my far-distant room was a workout in and of itself. The restaurant is ok, standard DubTree fare.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank shlevine

Thank you for your review. I did want to address your issue with our internet service – we do actually offer high speed wireless internet throughout the entire property including the guest suites. This has been available to our guests for quite a few years now and I apologize if you were not aware that we do offer it. I appreciate your comments regarding our 24-hour fitness center by Precor, full service restaurant and spacious suites. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed June 2, 2011

wonderful, spotlessly clean hotel near airport with free shuttle; food in their restaurant was excellent; went out of their way upon check-in to get us in our room 4 hours early; will definitely return

Room Tip: ask for top floor for great views
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank travelqueen3317

Thank you for your review and 5-star rating. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our front desk staff, complimentary airport shuttle, full service restaurant and cleanliness. I’m sure travelers will appreciate your tip about requesting the top floor – there are some spectacular views from the 6th floor of downtown Phoenix and Camelback Mountain. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2011

The suites were nice and big--2 queen size beds in 1 room and a very large 2nd room with a couch and chair, desk, and frig with little sink area. The landscaping was very attractive and the pool was very nice. The hot tub was also nice and large. The breakfast buffet was great! We dropped the car off at the airport the night before we left and called for the free shuttle, which showed up in about 10 minutes. Nice place--we'd stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Jimhere

Thank you for your review and 5-star rating. I’m happy to hear you were able to take advantage of some of our most popular amenities such as our spacious two-room suites, complimentary full breakfast buffet, swimming pool/hot tub and complimentary airport shuttle. I look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.