“Enjoyable Place to Stay Even in the Heat !”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix
Ranked #38 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Arvada, Colorado
“Enjoyable Place to Stay Even in the Heat !”
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Stayed 4 nights in this hotel during June 2011. Staff were tremendous to work with. They all were very accomondating. Loved the pool and the restaurant is a full buffet and very good. Location is 10 mins to the airport. Rooms were very clean and reasonable large. There is a separate room the bedroom which is kind of nice. So if someone wants to sleep others can watch TV in the other room. I have stayed here before and have always been very impressed with this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this review, July 11, 2011
Thank you for your review and 5-star rating. I appreciate your loyalty and kind comments about our staff and amenities. Our spacious two-room suites with separate parlor and complimentary full breakfast buffet are unique to this area that is in such close proximity to the airport. Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Todd D. Wilson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Plover, WI
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I was upgraded to a Business Suite as a HH Diamond. Very nice. HD TV in living area and flat screen TV in bedroom. I liked the outside entrances. The breakfast buffet was delicious. Easy drive on surface roads to airport rental car facility. I had Room Service 1 night which was reasonable in price and very good. Will stay again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and 5-star rating. As a Hilton HHonors Diamond member we appreciate your loyalty and do everything we can to ensure your return and make your stay as pleasant as possible. I was pleased to see you were comfortable in your Business Class suite and took advantage of our complimentary full buffet breakfast and in-room dining. We do look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Stayed here with a group of seven for a big work trip, so I spent about $2000. I was shocked to arrive at the hotel to find that all guest rooms are accessed via external hallways. That is not really what I expect from a DubTree. The rooms are standard DubTree fair--fine, nothing fancy, large. But there's no wireless in the room...hardwired Ethernet connection, which is 2011 is just ridiculous. The property is huge, and nicely landscaped. The gym is better than most hotel gyms, though getting there from my far-distant room was a workout in and of itself. The restaurant is ok, standard DubTree fare.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank shlevine
Thank you for your review. I did want to address your issue with our internet service – we do actually offer high speed wireless internet throughout the entire property including the guest suites. This has been available to our guests for quite a few years now and I apologize if you were not aware that we do offer it. I appreciate your comments regarding our 24-hour fitness center by Precor, full service restaurant and spacious suites. I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed June 2, 2011

wonderful, spotlessly clean hotel near airport with free shuttle; food in their restaurant was excellent; went out of their way upon check-in to get us in our room 4 hours early; will definitely return

Room Tip: ask for top floor for great views
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank travelqueen3317
Thank you for your review and 5-star rating. I appreciate your kind comments regarding our front desk staff, complimentary airport shuttle, full service restaurant and cleanliness. I’m sure travelers will appreciate your tip about requesting the top floor – there are some spectacular views from the 6th floor of downtown Phoenix and Camelback Mountain. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed May 26, 2011

The suites were nice and big--2 queen size beds in 1 room and a very large 2nd room with a couch and chair, desk, and frig with little sink area. The landscaping was very attractive and the pool was very nice. The hot tub was also nice and large. The breakfast buffet was great! We dropped the car off at the airport the night before we left and called for the free shuttle, which showed up in about 10 minutes. Nice place--we'd stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Jimhere
Thank you for your review and 5-star rating. I’m happy to hear you were able to take advantage of some of our most popular amenities such as our spacious two-room suites, complimentary full breakfast buffet, swimming pool/hot tub and complimentary airport shuttle. I look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

Albany, New York
Reviewed May 24, 2011

The room was very comfortable, even plush. I felt safe even though I was on my own.
I only stayed a night so I can't really speak to the area

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank penneyb
Thank you for your review and 4-star rating. I was pleased to hear that as a single traveler you were very comfortable at our Hotel and felt safe throughout your stay. Hopefully next time you are in the area you will be able to stay longer than one night. We look forward to serving you in the future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 14, 2011

The room was very nice, clean, quiet. Service coming in was fine, trying to check out the next day I was ignored even though they saw me there. The restaurant is not a place I would ever go to again...50 minutes just to get a chicken sandwich and fries..the place had only a handful of people so it wasn't busy. Oh, and the food was not so great that it was worth the wait.

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank dakotaeast
ManagerphxDT, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
Thank you for your review and overall four-star rating. I was pleased to see that you were happy with your suite and check in experience. I appreciate your input regarding the issues at check out and in our restaurant. Please accept my apologies and I can assure you that I will use your comments as a training opportunity. I hope you will stay with us again in the future and give us another chance to provide the best service possible.