“Amazingly present and helpful staff”

Sheraton Grand Phoenix
Ranked #19 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed November 20, 2010

Every single person at this hotel was extraordinary. I was at the gym when my husband called to tell me my mother had a heart attack back home. Not able to get me on my cell phone the security staff was super helpful to him tryingto find me. Because of the calls and arrangements I had to make, I was two hours late for breakfast -- not a good thing when you have insulin issues. In a very busy dining room I had to wait a bit. I asked the young blond hostess to get me some OJ which she immediately got. I told my server I was in insulin crash and to pay attention because I could only speak once. This has happened to me before and usually the servers either are stupid or freak out. Not at the Sheraton! You would think they had special training in this issue. My server brought the food exactly as I requested in minutes. From Chris the uber-friendly doorman to reception to the restuarant this may be the best service I have ever had in a convention hotel. The rooms are nice too.

Reviewed November 19, 2010

This is a beautiful hotel! Very clean and modern, certainly not the cookiecutter Sheraton I was expecting. Warm and prompt service, even in the midst of a big convention. Great location - near shops, restaurants, and the light rail system.

Reviewed November 18, 2010

From the moment I arrived, I was welcomed by the friendly, attentive staff ... every encounter I had was an extremely positive one, from the valet staff, to the check-in team, to the room service personnel ... I travel every week, across the country, and am really impressed by the level of service here.

Reviewed November 17, 2010

The hotel lobby is beautiful and the front desk staff was helpful. Unfortunately, the room was clean but by no means spectacular. Especially given the exorbitant room rate. The bathroom was very standard, the towels and linens rough, and overall the room was small. I was there for a convention, and therefore had a small package shipped to the hotel. Upon checking out, I realized they had charged me $5 + tax for holding the package while I was at the convention during the day. Upon asking for a taxi, we were directed to a sedan which charged us double the taxi rate. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect some amenities when paying over $250 per night for a room. With these rates, I don't understand why they feel the need to charge for every small thing.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank DallasPeggy
Reviewed November 16, 2010

My husband have just returned from phoenix .We stayed in the Sheraton we found the staff polite pleasant and very helpful A VERY SPECIAL WORD OF THANKS TO KAITLIN ON THE concierge desk AND TO NADIA IN HOUSEKEEPING both girls made our stay special This was an ideal location for the Conference centre many thanks m

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
leoper, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2010

We were very happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your recent trip to Phoenix.

Both Kaitlin and Nadia are associates who provide excellent and consistent service and it pleases me that you will have special memories of your trip because of their service.

We hope to welcome you back again soon and we promise to make your next trip just as memorable. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed November 13, 2010

I enjoyed my stay and greatly appreciate the service from the bartenders, the reception staff and the room staff: especially Julia Ochoa. I appreciate all the extras for my coffee!

I actually looked forward to sleeping each night the week I was there. It's true, the internet convenience could have been better. I can't really use the internet for business in the lobby so I did plan ahead and brought my own air card. The Gym has weights and the treadmills face toward the lap pool which was pretty long. Nice way to enjoy the later mornings before going back to meetings.

At 179 govt rate, I was really happy. If I were to pay the full 220, I'd definitely recommend they throw in the internet wireless in the rooms or something like that.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
leoper, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2010

A good night’s rest is absolutely essential and I am delighted that you were so comfortable while here – our beds are wonderful, I must agree.

Our fitness center is another area that we feel operates and serves our guests at a very high level, and I am glad you were able to utilize it, especially as you said, between meetings.

Rest and Exercise during a business trip can certainly make that trip productive – thank you for letting us know you enjoyed both!

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2010

This is a great place to stay. The hotel is new and facilities (exercise facility etc..) are great. The housekeeping staff (Amelia and others) were incredibly friendly, helpful and keep the rooms spotless. Best hotel in Phoenix for business. My only complaint is that internet should be included in the price of the room---otherwise my highest recommendation

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay with us.

It was great to know that you enjoyed our facilities and the service from our staff – we do have an exceptional Housekeeping staff, thank you for noticing!

As for the internet service – one of the differentiating things about the Sheraton brand is the Link, our connectivity hub in the heart of our lobby. It is here we provide free internet access, as well as availability for refreshments and light snacks. We find that providing this space allows for great social interaction among our guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your last visit. We hope to welcome you back again soon.