“Sweet Comfort, great service”

Sheraton Grand Phoenix
Ranked #19 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed November 13, 2010

I enjoyed my stay and greatly appreciate the service from the bartenders, the reception staff and the room staff: especially Julia Ochoa. I appreciate all the extras for my coffee!

I actually looked forward to sleeping each night the week I was there. It's true, the internet convenience could have been better. I can't really use the internet for business in the lobby so I did plan ahead and brought my own air card. The Gym has weights and the treadmills face toward the lap pool which was pretty long. Nice way to enjoy the later mornings before going back to meetings.

At 179 govt rate, I was really happy. If I were to pay the full 220, I'd definitely recommend they throw in the internet wireless in the rooms or something like that.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
leoper, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2010

A good night’s rest is absolutely essential and I am delighted that you were so comfortable while here – our beds are wonderful, I must agree.

Our fitness center is another area that we feel operates and serves our guests at a very high level, and I am glad you were able to utilize it, especially as you said, between meetings.

Rest and Exercise during a business trip can certainly make that trip productive – thank you for letting us know you enjoyed both!

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2010

This is a great place to stay. The hotel is new and facilities (exercise facility etc..) are great. The housekeeping staff (Amelia and others) were incredibly friendly, helpful and keep the rooms spotless. Best hotel in Phoenix for business. My only complaint is that internet should be included in the price of the room---otherwise my highest recommendation

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay with us.

It was great to know that you enjoyed our facilities and the service from our staff – we do have an exceptional Housekeeping staff, thank you for noticing!

As for the internet service – one of the differentiating things about the Sheraton brand is the Link, our connectivity hub in the heart of our lobby. It is here we provide free internet access, as well as availability for refreshments and light snacks. We find that providing this space allows for great social interaction among our guests.

Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your last visit. We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed November 11, 2010

Recently, I attended a very nice dinner held in the ballrooms at the Sheraton. On the way out, my aunt fainted on the down escalator falling on me. Immediately, Daniel Alonzo was behind us on the escalator as I screamed for it to stop. He was able to get the escalator stopped incredibly quickly. The entire security team was enormously helpful, and the ambulances arrived in minutes. As we waited for them, the employees provided us with ice bags, water, chairs and emotional support. I will never forget how helpful everyone we met that evening was, and how Daniel's quick response averted a real disaster. I have been telling my friends and family about the professional care we received at this hotel. Clearly, this is a well-trained, compassionate group of people. Thank you.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
leoper, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2010

Thank you for updating us about your aunt, as her welfare was on all of our minds after the dinner. As a General Manager, hearing about how the staff responded and cared for you and your aunt, made me very proud.

We value our guests and their experiences while visiting us as the highest priority. This was evident from the actions of our Security team, to Daniel Alonzo and all of the others who understood that immediate comfort and care were required and provided it.

We are glad to know that everything turned out alright for you and your aunt.

Reviewed November 11, 2010

My sister was in town visiting from Portland, Oregon and I decided to make it a special weekend by staying downtown as we were going to the Elton John concert Saturday night. I had heard great things about the Sheraton however this was my first experience staying at the hotel.

The property is inviting from the moment you drive up. The valets are most efficient and friendly as well as the lobby staff and bellmen. The lobby is beautiful and very relaxing should you need to rest, use your computer or enjoy a beverage. There appeared to be several persons staying at the hotel for a convention however you never had a feeling that the hotel was crowed and service was always great.

The rooms are tastefully decorated and our room on the 31st floor offered spectacular views of the valley. The beds are wonderful! Room service was pleasant and efficient as was our experience with all of the staff at the hotel. After the concert we enjoyed a nightcap at the lounge downstairs where they had live entertainment and again great service from the bar staff.

I would highly recommend the Sheraton for anyone staying in the downtown area for business or pleasure.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends

I saw the same concert and downtown Phoenix was a busy and exciting place to be that evening, with a lot of different events going on. How wonderful to hear that in spite of our many guests and many visitors in our hotel, that you felt very well cared for and that you consistently experienced good service from our staff that evening.

I know it was your first stay with us but hopefully you- and your sister - will be back again and again. I’m glad it was a special week-end for the two of you.

We appreciate your comments and your business.

Reviewed November 6, 2010

Well appointed: front desk check in, parking.. all staff very friendly and helpful. two banks of elevators which wll mean invariably you get into the wrong one. The Club Lounge is very well serviced: Starbucks coffee, bottled water and whoel fruit at all times. Breakfast included baked good, hard boiled eggs, cut fruit, yogurt, cereal and granola mix. Afternoon had soft drinks; cut vegetables, cheese & crackers as well as 2 hot items. Rooms are slightly dated, coudl do with an update and wish Sheraton improve their brand of tolietries. But rooms quiet and clean. Empty mini fridge and coffee making facilities. Good gym: funny the cardio area is very spacious - so looks like they can add a few machines. Pool needs help: cold, freezing cold and doesnt look like its been cleaned in awhile. A wide lap pool against a wall with sprouting fountains. Dont think much for the swimming as opopsed to the looks since its freezing, dirty and has water spraying into the pool. With the wall, the sun is covered up most of the time into the pool. Laying around in the sun is better. Across the street is the Arizona Center - uncovered shopping Mall area. and right in downtown, so if you are wroking in the area, perfect. Wish they would slip you the bill through my hotel door overnight as opposed to having me check out in person. Overall very good hotel and recommended

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your feedback and recommendation of our hotel. We take your feedback very seriously and you can be sure we will be taking a hard look at the swimming pool area, in fact we are about to start construction on a spectacular hip and fun pool bar which will certainly address some of your concerns, however; it was gratifying to hear that in other areas of the hotel, such as our Club lounge and Fitness center, we met or exceeded your standards.

It’s been exciting to be a part of the ever-expanding downtown Phoenix area.

Thank you for your business and your loyalty to the Starwood brand – it is very much appreciated. We hope to welcome you back soon for either business or pleasure.

Reviewed November 5, 2010

Restaurant staff was friendly and very detail oriented. The breakfast presentation/choices/buffet was fantastic, fresh and tastey.
Ryan was my server, but everyone I encountered was just great.
Thanks

Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

We were happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and found everything to be fresh and to your standards. We understand that the first meal of the day can sometimes set the tone for the entire day. Ryan is a great associate and represents our hotel well as part of our wait staff, we feel lucky to have him on our team.

Reviewed November 3, 2010

The Sheraton Downtown Phoenix is conveniently located in the middle of the city and their entire staff went out of their way to ensure everything went smoothly and that my stay was comfortable. The store in the lobby was well stocked with everything you need while on the road and the housekeeper (Amelia DeQueiroz) was really great in keeping my room well stocked and exceptionally clean during my week's stay.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
leoper, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2010

A clean room is a very important key to a successful stay, and we are happy to hear that Amelia did such a great job in caring for you and making sure you were comfortable.

Thank you for noticing our exceptional staff. We are so pleased you had a great stay while in Phoenix, please come back again soon.