“Excellent Hotel”

Sheraton Grand Phoenix
Ranked #17 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed October 22, 2010

I have stayed at this hotel on multiple occasions. I have never been let down. The service is excellent, from the time you pull up to the valets to park your car, to the check in, and the servers in the bar and restaurant. I have been especially impressed with one server, Maggie. She has been our server on multiple occasions. She is efficient, knowledgeable, and always looks like she is enjoying what she is doing. Even on occasions when we have had a different server, she will take the time to clear the dishes off our table. Overall she has a great attitude and seems to be a team player. The beds and linens are comfy, the gym has great equipment, and the food is delicious. I recently had to stay at the Wyndham as this hotel was booked and I was completely disappointed. The hotel itself is within walking distance to many other restaurants and is a short walk or pedicab ride to watch the Suns or Diamondbacks play.

1  Thank LynnSGilbert_Az
Write a ReviewReviews (1,625)

Reviewed October 21, 2010

We had a 5 day stay at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown. I needed to stay downtown for a conference at the convention center and found this hotel to be top notch. The service from everyone we encountered was outstanding - from the valet parking to the bellmen to the front desk folks. Kristin, a concierge, not only was personable and friendly but she never steered us wrong - all of her recommendations were spot on with what we were looking for. In all honesty, I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton & Four Seasons & the service here was every bit as good!

Hotel itself is on the newer side, impeccably clean and 1 1/2 blocks from the Phoenix convention center. We had a corner room on the 27th floor. I had read the corner rooms were oversized but I really don't think that is true - we did have a larger bathroom but that's it. The rooms are an OK size with a large desk and flat screen TV. I must admit the closet & clothes area was a bit on the small side. It looks like an armoire built into the wall with a small closet area sitting above 2 smallish drawers. And that was all the room offered for storage - which is just fine for a short stay but there were 2 of us there for 5 days and I had both business & play clothes so it was a bit cramped. The room was tastefully appointed and extremely quiet - I never heard a sound from outside the door. Valet parking was $25/day or self park for $19. We used the valet and the car was always ready by the time we walked out the door. The District Bar was fun place to have a drink - we ate at the restaurant and we were not at all impressed. Service was good, but I thought the menu was limited in scope and the food was only just OK. They have a Starbucks cafe for morning coffee. Housekeeping was excellent. Fitness Center was large with more cardio equipment than I have seen in other hotels along with weights and machines. Pool was more of a lap pool and there was hot tub. I didn't use the pool but did go to the Fitness Center every day.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again - excellent hotel with superior service from everyone we encountered.

Reviewed October 21, 2010

I was in Phoenix for a conference at the Convention Center. The Sheraton was about 1 block away. Very nice rooms, great service. Great place to stay. Just a couple of blocks from both basketball and baseball.

Reviewed October 20, 2010

During my week long stay I visited the lounge area next to the hotel and received fantastic service from Tearsa. She was always tentative and friendly while she waited on me and my friends. Drinks were reasonably priced and always delicious. Tearsa was always honest with how the food and drinks were. She definitely needs to get a raise and/or promotion. Others on the bar staff were equally as friendly as they passed by and weren't afraid to start up a genuine conversation.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2010

We were attending the ATA conference.

My assocaite and I had the pleasure to meet and be served by bar waiter Ken Kriske. The bar was the first place we landed when we arrived at the hotel. Ken welcomed us and made us feel right at home. He told us about the hotel, Phoenix the Convention Center and more. If we needed anything he was our go to guy. He keep us fed and our the drinks in check.

I hope he is recognized for his qualities. He represented the Sheraton hotel and the city of Phoenix like few others would. He made our stay in Phoenix a real pleasure.

Again thanks Ken. Keep up the great job that you do.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
leoper, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2010

Ken is very much recognized for the wonderful way in which he represents the hotel. We have thanked him before and will again for the great job that he continues to do for us.

We’re pleased that you had such a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us.

We value your business and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Warm Regards

LEO PERCOPO

Reviewed October 18, 2010

I recommend the freindly and great service of the staff at the bar. If you're looking for inexpensive drinks, great service, and a nice atmosphere this is the place to go. I would like to give credit to Bradley Brock and Joni Huddleston for their excellent and friendly service to their customers.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo

Thanks so much for letting us know about the service you experienced with the staff at our bar. Brad and Joni truly exemplify the professional, yet friendly face of the hotel and we feel lucky to have them represent us.

We’re glad you found the atmosphere so appealing, please come back and visit soon!

Warm Regards

LEO PERCOPO

Reviewed October 18, 2010

We work in the area and visit the bar on occasion for cocktails. The servers are always friendly and attentive and have a knack for remembering your drink preference- always key in turning the impersonal atmosphere you find in many hotel bars into something more comfortable. Maggie's particularly adept at this on the floor as are Joanie and James behind the bar.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends