“Nice place”

Ranked #18 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Lewisburg, West Virginia
“Nice place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Enjoyed a recent business meeting in this location. The Hotel is beautiful and the room upgrade view was awesome. The room was quiet and bed was welcoming. Very clean and staff very nice. We had a buffet on Friday night which was awesome....however, the lunch on Saturday saw some of the same food......leftovers? Are you serious? I can get that at home! This was the only disappointment though.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Nic_PHX, Rooms Management at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Thank you for your review and it is nice to hear that you found our signature ‘Sheraton Sweet Sleeper’ bed welcoming and comfortable, as we are aware that a good night’s rest is at the very crux of the matter of a satisfying hotel stay. We have relied on our Sweet Sleepers to consistently provide that!

We’re happy to know that you enjoyed your stay, come again soon!

Rooms Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Tampa, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Here for a meeting and really could not have been more impressed. It is an excellent Sheraton with fiend,y and courteous staff. I was upgraded to a spacious suite that even had an extra half-bath.
Meeting facilities were comfortable and I had no problem regarding this or the food that was served at breakfast and lunch.
A special shout out to Christina the concierge who booked spa appointments for me.
The only negative was at check-in I was offered the Green Choice promotion for 500 extra points but the desk Associate forgot to give me the hang tag. At check out the associate did credit me with it.
This is an issue with SPG. There does not seem to be a consistent way this promotion is offered.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Nic_PHX, Rooms Management at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you so much for an equally solid review of our hotel! We appreciate your feedback and your recognition of Christina at the concierge desk. She is a great source of knowledge regarding the hotel and our City and loves sharing it with our guests.

As for our “Make A Green Choice” program, first we want to thank you for agreeing to participate in our sustainability efforts with us, and second, we thank you for your feedback regarding it, as providing consistency in this program to our valued guests is key to its success.

We would love to welcome you back “home” again at a future time. Your business is always appreciated.

dallas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Not a good experience with we would have been at a Hilton hotel. I have never been treated as rudely and I personable as at this hotel. I guess they have more business than they need. Saff is argumentative and unprofessional. The people in the restaurant were nice but the hotel staff were terrible. My room key did not work and I coulld't get it fixed without a major hastle and then it would not work the entire stay to get out of the parking garage. Staff argued and challenged in front of management without any care.

Had it not been I was there for a conference I would have left day one.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
1 Thank bugmanDallas
Nic_PHX, Rooms Management at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Our sincere apologies. I assure you that your business was very much appreciated here. It was very unpleasant to hear that you were not treated well during your stay.

We will certainly use the feedback you provided as a training tool for those areas you mentioned and of course having a working guestroom key is very basic to your comfort, we will investigate what happened in your case.

We want you to know that we have zero tolerance for treating a guest in a rude or argumentative manner. That is completely unacceptable and not our standard operating procedure, we would love to discuss further with you and make it right between us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

This is a very nice hotel. It is quiet and clean. My wife and I had a great time there. The service is top notch. We took a cab there from the airport which costs about 20 bucks. We will stay there again when we return.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nic_PHX, Rooms Management at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
We are so glad that your stay was so pleasant and we genuinely thank you for your recommendation of our hotel.

Our team here does work hard to provide exceptional service and we are happy that was your experience. Thank you for sharing your memorable moments with us.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

I was in town on business/leisure and my stay at the here was the best. From the front desk, restaurants and housekeeping. Thanks Lucia you are the best. We had an enjoyable visit and I will come back for another stay at the Sheraton.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
It’s always nice to hear that you can combine business and leisure for a trip, and we’re happy to know that your stay was so enjoyable for both aspects.

Thank you for recognizing Lucia, we will be sure to celebrate your praise with her.

To hear that you plan to return and stay with us again is very much appreciated. We look forward to it!

Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Our group met here in mid-October 2013. This property is just a few minutes from Sky Harbor, and is very close to the convention center. Several members of our group took rapid transit from the airport and really enjoyed it. The property is quite sizable, but the atmosphere and friendliness of the staff make the place seem more intimate. The rooms are very nice, and there are plenty of places to meet for coffee or drinks on-site.
Most of the front desk staff is very friendly, but could use a little more training--many of us did not know that we had to use our keys to ride the elevators above a certain level. The bell staff was terrific.
My room was spacious, clean, and relaxing--until the last day of my stay, when I came home in the afternoon and could hear my next-door neighbor's conference call loud and clear. Fortunately, it was quiet that night, or I would have requested a room change.
The catering at our meals was very good, and the catering staff could not have been nicer or more professional.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Nic_PHX, Rooms Management at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments; we loved hearing that even though we are a 1000 room hotel, our friendly staff makes the space feel warmer and more intimate.

Thank you for a thorough review, it sounds like you had a chance to really experience the amenities at our hotel and had time to explore the city as well. How great that you traveled by our Light Rail!

We hope you will have an opportunity to return again soon, and we will stand ready to warmly welcome you back.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Lisa Cadena at the front desk is GREAT! She went above and beyond to insure the flowers I sent for my wife's birthday arrived and presented to them to her upon check-in! I THANKS LISA!!! I will stay here every time I travel to Phoenix!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Nic_PHX, Rooms Management at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about the exceptional service you experienced with Lisa. We’re happy to know that such a special occasion was properly recognized.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Phoenix and we are thrilled to hear that you’ve decided that we will be your hotel of choice when visiting the Valley of the Sun in the future.