“Fantastic Service from Lisa at front desk!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Grand Phoenix

Sheraton Grand Phoenix
Ranked #18 of 178 Hotels in Phoenix
Denver, Colorado
“Fantastic Service from Lisa at front desk!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Lisa Cadena at the front desk is GREAT! She went above and beyond to insure the flowers I sent for my wife's birthday arrived and presented to them to her upon check-in! I THANKS LISA!!! I will stay here every time I travel to Phoenix!

• 5 of 5 stars
Nic_PHX, Rooms Management at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about the exceptional service you experienced with Lisa. We’re happy to know that such a special occasion was properly recognized.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Phoenix and we are thrilled to hear that you’ve decided that we will be your hotel of choice when visiting the Valley of the Sun in the future.

Rooms Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I was in town for a large conference in early October and this hotel looks and feels brand new. The conference had events at both the hotel and the convention center just a short walk away. All the staff I encountered we very nice. You could not sit in the lobby for two minutes without some checking to make sure you didn't need anything. I spent the first night in District (hotel restaurant) watching the Cardinals game and the bartender was very friendly despite being a fan of the Dodges who the Cards beat to move on to the World Series that night. The only compliant I have is that my guestroom internet could not stay connected, my room was at the far end of the hallway on the 22nd and the signal was to weak to stay connected. I did not have to have internet so I never brought it to anyone's attention.

• 4 of 5 stars
We’re thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and made some memorable connections with our staff while here. And you are correct, our hotel is just 5 years old, so that is why it feels brand new…

Please accept our apologies about your guestroom internet connection. We know how important it is for our guests to remain connected to their family and work while traveling. We would have loved to make that right for you while you were in-house, as we have one of the highest bandwidths of any hotel and a weak signal should not have been a problem for you.

We hope you will choose us again when in Phoenix and we look forward to another opportunity to be of service.

Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

There is really nothing that stands out for the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown. Cost, facilities, service and so on are exactly what I expect from a large downtown hotel. Internet access and parking certainly increase the cost of a stay here, but again, that seems typical of a downtown hotel. Breakfast at the restaurant was quite good, but it can get very busy at this time, especially if there is a conference or special event on at the hotel. One morning the restaurant "lost" our reservation, so, dressed in business attire, our whole group had to brave the Arizona heat to find another place to eat in the nearby mall.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Silverchemist
Thank you for your review of our hotel and we hope that you enjoyed your business conference.

We do feel that we are priced competitively for a large downtown hotel; it was good to hear that you thought so as well.

Although we provide wonderful amenities, such as the District Breakfast Buffet you mentioned, and our location cannot be beat, it is the fine associate and management team assembled here that give the Sheraton Phoenix its heart. We hope you have another chance to visit us again soon.

Long Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My trip to Phoenix, was highlighted by my stay last week at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel. This was even heightened at this hotel with the superior customer service that I received. While it’s true that I’m an elite SPG member ( Platinum), it quickly became clear that no matter whom you were, you were going to receive excellent customer service. Notes: the lobby is fantastic and fun to hang out in and the front desk staff is very welcoming. Also the Club on the 28th floor was run well and was nice, clean and comfortable. The hotel was also ideally located a couple of blocks away from the US Airways Arena and a 5 minute taxi to Chase Field. In closing. No issue went unnoticed, no question unanswered. I felt very welcome

Room Tip: take the 28th floor as its on the club level. Also parking self is $17 and Valet $29. Parking is eas...
    • 5 of 5 stars
Nic_PHX, Rooms Management at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
First, we do thank you and appreciate your loyalty to Starwood hotels and we are pleased that as one of our Platinum members, you felt welcomed, valued and well- cared for while here.

We genuinely thank you for taking the time to post a review and recommend our hotel to your fellow travelers.

We look forward to warmly welcoming you back to the Valley of the Sun and the Sheraton Phoenix.

Metairie, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I attended a training conference at this hotel and all facets of this facility were excellent. Location is in the heart of downtown. Convenient to restaurants and shopping with the Arizona Center right across the street.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
We’re happy that you enjoyed our great location in the very heart of downtown, and that you experienced excellent amenities and service during your stay

We hope you will have a chance to return to the Valley of the Sun soon, and that we will remain your hotel of choice when in Phoenix.

Milan, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I’m a SPG member, I've been in the Hotel 1 week, so I experienced the Hotel globally.
1. Room: nothing special, I had to change room the first day. Just in front of my room door(641) there was an enormous pipe for air-condition.. impossible to sleep properly.
I changed room..was exactly of the same size and category..but no noise..finally.
Personally I find the room style quite normal, toilet seems to be quite old..but probably is just a matter of style.
2. Breakfast: absolutely insufficient. The buffet is poor, really under my expectation!! Replacing is slow and during the morning you can see the absence of organization: two people at the entrance telling you that you have to wait..and tables empty waiting to be cleaned-up. People moving around without a clear idea of what to do first.
3. Restaurant: all personnel is so young that you can feel the absence of expertise. Some of them are “smart” and fast..others are slow and asleep. Food is fine but service has to be improved.
4. Gym: nice and well equipped, also the pool is ok.
5. Reception: I experienced the longest check-in in my life..no informations has been provided, I had to ask for anything: info about Internet, info about timing of Restaurant-Breakfast. Receptionist was completely insufficient. After a week and a lot of money spent in this Hotel they refused me a 2 hours complementary late check-out..after all the inconvenient I had with the room. The only answer they’ve been able to give was: “ is not possible, we are fully booked..but if you pay $50 box..” this things simply disgust me!! First you say that is not possible..and after 15 minutes become possible with $50 ..
Also the responsible came out and the only thing she has been able to say was: “I’m sorry we’re fully book”..she ‘put the disc on' with a desolated face and “repeat mode”..
nothing more..no assistance and no understanding..
REALLY A BAD SERVICE EXPERIENCE!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, in case something is not as planned you'll not receive any help from them.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank HelloMarco766
Nic_PHX, Rooms Management at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Hello Marco,

Our apologies for the less than desirable experience you had at our hotel – the fact that you are a loyal SPG member makes it even worse for us to hear.

I would like to first say that we genuinely appreciate the feedback you provided, the good AND the bad, we consider it a gift, actually, because we can use it as a teaching tool for improvement. We strive to present our guests with a warm welcome experience! We fell short in making you feel valued and appreciated and for that we are truly sorry.

I hope you will return to Phoenix and allow us to have the opportunity to make things right between us, and to provide the kind of exceptional service that the Sheraton Phoenix is known for. We look forward to speaking with you personally soon.

Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

If I remember anything from my trip to Phoenix, it will be the kindness of people in general. This was even heightened at this hotel where literally any employee I met was kind, attentive, smiling, and always, always willing to walk the extra mile. No issue went unnoticed, no question unanswered. We felt very welcome, well taken care of. The rooms are spotless, the breakfast superb, but truly the attitude of the employees is what distinguishes this hotel from others. Thank you.

• 5 of 5 stars
I don’t think praise can get any better than this! We genuinely thank you for your kind comments, they mean a lot to us as customer care is among our highest priorities.

We are thrilled your expectations were exceeded during your stay and that you will remember Phoenix ‘with kindness’