“Excellent Hotel Great Service!”

Sheraton Grand Phoenix
Ranked #19 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Metairie, Louisiana
“Excellent Hotel Great Service!”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I attended a training conference at this hotel and all facets of this facility were excellent. Location is in the heart of downtown. Convenient to restaurants and shopping with the Arizona Center right across the street.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Nic_PHX, Rooms Management at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
We’re happy that you enjoyed our great location in the very heart of downtown, and that you experienced excellent amenities and service during your stay

We hope you will have a chance to return to the Valley of the Sun soon, and that we will remain your hotel of choice when in Phoenix.

Rooms Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Milan, Italy
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I’m a SPG member, I've been in the Hotel 1 week, so I experienced the Hotel globally.
1. Room: nothing special, I had to change room the first day. Just in front of my room door(641) there was an enormous pipe for air-condition.. impossible to sleep properly.
I changed room..was exactly of the same size and category..but no noise..finally.
Personally I find the room style quite normal, toilet seems to be quite old..but probably is just a matter of style.
2. Breakfast: absolutely insufficient. The buffet is poor, really under my expectation!! Replacing is slow and during the morning you can see the absence of organization: two people at the entrance telling you that you have to wait..and tables empty waiting to be cleaned-up. People moving around without a clear idea of what to do first.
3. Restaurant: all personnel is so young that you can feel the absence of expertise. Some of them are “smart” and fast..others are slow and asleep. Food is fine but service has to be improved.
4. Gym: nice and well equipped, also the pool is ok.
5. Reception: I experienced the longest check-in in my life..no informations has been provided, I had to ask for anything: info about Internet, info about timing of Restaurant-Breakfast. Receptionist was completely insufficient. After a week and a lot of money spent in this Hotel they refused me a 2 hours complementary late check-out..after all the inconvenient I had with the room. The only answer they’ve been able to give was: “ is not possible, we are fully booked..but if you pay $50 box..” this things simply disgust me!! First you say that is not possible..and after 15 minutes become possible with $50 ..
Also the responsible came out and the only thing she has been able to say was: “I’m sorry we’re fully book”..she ‘put the disc on' with a desolated face and “repeat mode”..
nothing more..no assistance and no understanding..
REALLY A BAD SERVICE EXPERIENCE!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, in case something is not as planned you'll not receive any help from them.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank HelloMarco766
Nic_PHX, Rooms Management at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Hello Marco,

Our apologies for the less than desirable experience you had at our hotel – the fact that you are a loyal SPG member makes it even worse for us to hear.

I would like to first say that we genuinely appreciate the feedback you provided, the good AND the bad, we consider it a gift, actually, because we can use it as a teaching tool for improvement. We strive to present our guests with a warm welcome experience! We fell short in making you feel valued and appreciated and for that we are truly sorry.

I hope you will return to Phoenix and allow us to have the opportunity to make things right between us, and to provide the kind of exceptional service that the Sheraton Phoenix is known for. We look forward to speaking with you personally soon.

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed October 23, 2013

If I remember anything from my trip to Phoenix, it will be the kindness of people in general. This was even heightened at this hotel where literally any employee I met was kind, attentive, smiling, and always, always willing to walk the extra mile. No issue went unnoticed, no question unanswered. We felt very welcome, well taken care of. The rooms are spotless, the breakfast superb, but truly the attitude of the employees is what distinguishes this hotel from others. Thank you.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I don’t think praise can get any better than this! We genuinely thank you for your kind comments, they mean a lot to us as customer care is among our highest priorities.

We are thrilled your expectations were exceeded during your stay and that you will remember Phoenix ‘with kindness’

Scotch Plains, New Jersey
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed at this property for 3 nights and had a very unique, excellent experience that I'd like to share.
From another city, I transferred data to the FEDEX/KINKOS that is in the same building as the Sheraton. I knew that when I was going to arrive, that FEDEX/KINKOS would be closed. I called the bellstand in advance, and they generously walked to FEDEX/KINKOS and picked up my order for me. Then, they had it ready with the rest of my boxes upon my arrival. Unlike the last hotel that I had stayed at (while in Las Vegas ...service there was terrible), the Sheraton in Phoenix was exceptional. They were SO customer-focused.

Also, I ordered room service a couple of times....perfect service.

Housekeeping .... great personalities! And, wonderful service.

Room was great. Only thing I wish that I could have in the room is MSNBC. The current cable offerings do not have MSNBC.

Dear Debi,

We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and experienced the Sheraton Phoenix Service Culture! We want you to feel like you are home and taken care of while staying with us.

We thank you for your feedback and look forward to seeign you soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Location is in the heart of downtown. Convenient to restaurants and shopping with the Arizona Center right across the street. Convention Center is only 3 blocks away. Clean rooms, comfy beds. Only complaint is that our bathroom was large but sink was very small with no room to set things. Wonder if we had a handicap accessible room? But only that minor complaint in the scheme of things.

• Stayed October 2013
Hello Swagmom,

We are glad you enjoyed what The Sheraton Phoenix and downtown phoenix has to offer. We also thank you for your feedback. We do have different room types available for you to choose from with details available during the booking process. SPG guests also have the ability to let us know their requests in advance at spg.com or sheraton.com so that the room is exactly ready as per your needs when you arrive. Our goal is to exceed your expectations. We invite you to come back and hope to see you soon.

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed October 19, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Nice spot. Convenient to plenty of causal dining. Good hotel bar with plenty of craft brews. Dinner is good, but not terrific. Breakfast very good. Very business friendly with fedex shipping and copy center along with Starbucks.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Nic_PHX, Rooms Management at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hello MPMVa,

We are delighted to hear about your pleasant experience with us. We are lucky to be neighbors to some great dining options here in Downtown Phoenix. We are thrilled to hear that you chose to dine at District American Kitchen and Wine Bar not once, but twice! We are sorry to hear that dinner did not exceed your expectations as this is something we want each guest to leave with. We hope to see you again and give us the opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Thank you for your business, we know you have a choice when you travel and we look forward to your return soon.

Tucson
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I was incredibly impressed by the housekeeping at this Sheraton. The room was impeccable when we arrived. I've honestly never seen a cleaner room. The housekeeper that tended to us when we first arrived, Sylvia, was the most helpful. She didn't leave until she made sure that we had everything that we needed. When we needed something we could call and they brought us what we needed right away.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Nic_PHX, Rooms Management at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Cristen,

We so appreciate your recognition of Sylvia on our housekeeping team. She certainly understands customer care and delivers it on an exceptional level. We will be sure that she hears of your praise.

We hope you enjoyed every aspect of your stay and we hope you will return for another visit.