“Great lobby bar”

Sheraton Grand Phoenix
Ranked #16 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This is a really nice hotel in the middle of downtown. Walking distance to some good restaurants. The lobby bar is huge and has a great vibe. Overall a really nice spot for a business stay. Starbucks in the lobby is great for grabbing a quick bite on the way to meetings. There's not much night life in downtown Phoenix but the hotel is pretty active. Can get pricey when there are conferences but overall not a bad value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Nic_PHX, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The next time if you have some time, might I suggest that you connect with our great concierge desk, so that they can recommend things to do and places to go in the downtown area – they know everything!

We hope we will be your hotel choice again in the near future and we stand ready to warmly welcome you back!

Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,658)

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Stayed at this lovely hotel for 6 nights in conjunction with a convention. We travel a lot for business and pleasure and stay in fine hotels all over the world. This is nice but what do you get for your money? And this place was not inexpensive. Not free internet service, not a lower rate on parking, nor turn-down service and small chocolates on the bed. And not cookies with your coffee service. You do get great people to serve you. Just read a long article in USA Today, interviewing heads of major hotel chains. These presidents all said that to keep the traveler happy and stay competitive, they will have to offer perks like no other. Well, BRING THEM ON!!

Room Tip: Stay on the highest floor you can. Great views.
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I stayed here a couple of nights for business, the location is great, an easy walk to TGen where my business was, but also an excellent location for those with business at the convention center. The staff was very helpful and friendly, the rooms are reasonably spacious, a nice desk for working, the bed was very comfortable. The gym was excellent, a very extensive set of aerobic machines as well as weight machines, one of the best that I have seen in US hotels. I had the breakfast buffet, a nice selection of food, enjoyable. The decor is modern and attractive. Just across from the hotel is a mall area with shops and restaurants, and a movie theater. If you are looking for a pleasant and functional place to stay, this suits that purpose. So, overall, if here for business, it is an excellent choice. If you want a place with character and with a cozy feel, this is not the place - it's a big hotel, somewhat sterile in character, lots of people, sometimes chaotic with people wearing meeting badges everywhere. The only negative for me was the inconvenience of the daily newspapers, no room delivery or even convenient stacks located on the floors. There was but one place that I could find, in the lobby, and they ran out of papers rather early (8:15 am).

1  Thank Heels23
Nic_PHX, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

We’re so happy to hear that your stay included so many enjoyable aspects; location to your place of business, our bountiful American harvest Breakfast buffet, and our state of the art fitness center Programmed by Core Performance. It is great to hear that you found these to be such a great value.

As for newspaper delivery, we’re happy to direct you to our Link @Sheraton, experienced by Microsoft, our connectivity hub. Here you will find not only newspapers, but computer, printers, complimentary internet service and a lovely café with delightful snacks and drinks. It is open and available to our guests 24 hours a day!

We would love to welcome you back for future visits.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

I was a guest here in February 2013 for a meeting for 6 nights. The hotel is located fairly close to the convention center and Arizona Center so it works as a good business hotel. The rooms are good size and the beds are extremely comfortable. The common areas are nice, several good bars and restaurants. They also have free wi fi in the lobby along with workstations/printers for guests. They didn't recognize me as a Starwoods member although others who weren't got the upgraded rooms. I was exhausted after flying during the crazy NE blizzard so I didn't push it but I was disappointed when I learned that others got the free perks that I didn't. I am also a Hilton Honors Gold so had there been one nearby, I probably would have stayed there. I had a chance to visit the Hyatt and their common areas were nicer and attended several meetings there and the catering services had fantastic food...amazing in fact. I also attended meetings in the Sheraton that were catered that were average at best. Next I would stay at the Hyatt if in a similar situation.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Please accept our apologies for not recognizing your SPG status. You certainly should not have to “push” something like that, especially after an exhausting travel day.

We feel very strongly about honoring those who have shown a loyalty to Starwood Hotels and Resorts, and for falling short in doing that for you, we are truly sorry.

We have just recently completed new arrival plans for our Gold & Platinum members, with their own check-in pod, so that their status is undisputed. We hope you will give us another chance to make things right and our promise is that we will work hard to ensure your rewards are honored each time you stay with us.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I traveled for a business convention and the Sheraton was a great location. We arrived very late- almost 2 am on a Sunday/Monday so the place was dead- to be expected. After the desk clerk called for the valet, to get our vehicle by the time we were done with check in and went back out to the car, he still wasn't there, he arrived shortly after. We got to our room we realized we had booked a king bed for our 5 day stay, but we had been assigned a room with 2 double beds. I understand we checked in late, but we still actually like each other... so 5 days sleeping apart wasn't going to work. the front desk did offer to switch us in the am, which is totally reasonable since its now after 2am. We decided were both starving so I called to order room service, I was placed on hold for about 5 mins. Hung up and called back, this time the girl took our order, the food came promptly, and the man who delivered it was very nice, probably the most competent person we had met so far. Our room was switched the next morning, both rooms were nice, clean and comfortable. The restaurant District 9 serves 3 meals a day, we ate breakfast 2 days which was very good (although since I mentioned I'm a fan of Hilton, the breakfast was definitely better than the typical Hampton Inn breakfast, then again hampton is free sheratons breakfast buffet will cost you about $17.) so other than our initial troubles checking in our stay was uneventful. The hotel is definitely clean, staff is decent, the bar area great.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

I’m glad we were able to sort everything out for you quickly in regards to your guestroom. Thank you for giving us a try and although it sounds as if you may choose another hotel in the future, we are grateful for your business and also your feedback.

We enjoyed having you and would love to welcome you back again!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband came down with the flu while he was staying at the Sheraton for a work conference. (Phoenix Downtown) Since I was at home across the country, I called the front desk to see if they had any flu medication. Marie at the gift shop said they did not carry any flu medicine but she offered to walk to a local CVS Pharmacy to pick up some Theraflu for him. She offered to have it delivered to his room. All at no charge!
They delivered 2 flu medications to his room and the hotel manager sent up 3 bottles of water. All at no charge.
I have never heard of a hotel staff taking such personal care of their customers.
When you are sick with the flu the only place to want to be is home. It's nice to know The Sheraton hotel is the next best thing.
Thank you for taking such good care of my family.

1  Thank Nina_B_123
Nic_PHX, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear Nina,

First, we do hope your husband has recovered from this nasty flu season. And second, we are so happy we that could make him comfortable here during his illness.

Your husband experienced something that our associates here have an abundance of, and we call it Generosity of Spirit, and that is what Marie exemplified in caring for your husband. I am proud to say that all of our associates understand that our guests have many choices when they travel, so when they choose us, we want to do our very best for them.

Marie is one of those people who go the extra step without giving it a second thought, and we are proud of her.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that Marie’s exceptional service made a difference to your husband during his untimely illness and that all of our staff were thoughtful and caring during his stay.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Convenient downtown location near convention center. Nice clean rooms but bathroom was dated and sink did not work well. A "Green feature", if you put the flag on your door for no service needed, you will get a $5 coupon each day. Spacious lobby. Rooms with adequate space but sparse furniture. OK for business stop but not not for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor above the 17th floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Nic_PHX, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for your feedback from your recent stay.

I was sorry to hear that you had a few issues in your guestroom; I can only hope that you afforded us the opportunity to make things right for you. We are always happy to respond to any guest request to ensure their stay is comfortable.

We love guest feedback because it helps us to be better! We appreciate very much both your business and your feedback, and we genuinely thank you for both!