“Another Great Sheraton Experience”

Sheraton Grand Phoenix
Ranked #18 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
Huntingdon Valley, Pennsylvania
“Another Great Sheraton Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

This hotel is perfect for anyone visiting Phoenix. We attended ASBO International's annual conference and their hotel of choice was the Sheraton Downtown Phoenix. The all around experience was fabulous from the moment we arrived, until our departure. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The concierge extremely helpful and knowledgable of the area as well as recommendations for special places to visit. It was amazing coming from the East coast that a "downtown" area would be bustling with traffic and face-paced happenings but that was quite contrary! The hotel was two blocks from the vast or two from the vast convention center yet the atmosphere remained laid back and calm-no traffic, pushing, shoving........it was great! It's an extremely safe area surrounded by art & culture, students attending the Arizona State University which is a large part of the community, the Public Market within walking distance (check the schedule-definately there on Saturdays!) and a convenient public transportation system. If you don't have rental car and and looking for an alternate means of transportation (taxis aren't regulated and can be expensive) I suggest purchasing the a full day pass which allows you to use the rail system and the bus. A fun plus-bicycles drivers that can take you and your traveling companion on a quick ride to almost anywhere (we landed at Alice Coopertown a few blocks away). They're convenient, extremely nice (we had GMan-nice guy!) they don't have a specific rate but tip them whatever you feel comfortable as it's definately worth the ride. There are restaurants in the hotel as well as EVERYWHERE in town-again within walking distance to the hotel. Check out the Arizona State Fair in October, the annual Breast Cancer Walk, the Octoberfest which includes a HUGE car show. A strong suggestion-The Arrogant Butcher just a couple blocks away. The food is Fabulous, the atmosphere is upbeat with an open kitchen flair allowing you to see all the other scrumptious food choices you didn't order as they make their way to your neighbor's table, and quite the menu selection you wish you could find in your own town! Take in the view from your room as you won't see majestic mountains as beautiful and so close by. The pool area is nice, lots of lounges available and and outside bar for refreshments. Just remember......drink LOTS of water while you're in Phoenix-you ARE in the desert! Enjoy your stay you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Lots of tips above. The hotel offers excursions to many areas. We suggest a partial or full day trip...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nic_PHX, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Dear Stephanie,

You could write for our Chamber of Commerce! I loved reading your fantastic review both of our city and our hotel.

I feel that you have SAID IT ALL and said it extremely well.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I'm a preferred guest, travel a lot and Amelia Veuveir02 was great -- rm 2608 was cleaned to my exact specifications. I'm speaking at a conference and everyone was helpful and the facility was top shelf.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
We have heard and will continue to hear (I predict), many wonderful compliments about Amelia and her care of our guests. We are lucky to have her on our Housekeeping team.

Thank you for your “top shelf” rating of our hotel. We appreciate it and your business as well.

Vancouver, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

I had a great time in Phoenix and Tom at the front desk took excellent care of me! I had made an error when I booked my trip and I needed a room for an additional night. I called central reservations several times before my trip and the hotel was completely booked. When I got to the hotel I met Tom. He was very friendly and professional and made sure that I had an a room for my last night.

Tom also upgraded me to the top floor.

What a great location, property and employees.

Debbie

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nic_PHX, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Hello Debbie,

We greatly appreciate Tom as well. When it comes to guest service – he gets it, beyond a shadow of a doubt. We have had feedback many times about Tom taking the extra step in his care of our guests and we love hearing about it each time!

We’re pleased that you had such a great visit. Perhaps you will want to return again during our beautiful and mild winter.

We look forward to it.

Metuchen, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I checked into the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel in early October 2012 while I was attending a convention at the Convention Center. I was given a room on the 26 th. floor with a king bed that was terrifiic. It overlooked the convention center, which was a three minute walk away, and the view of the mountains.

My room was taken care of on a daily basis by Amelia de Queiroz who did a wonderful job. The air conditionering was perfect during my stay.

The District, an attached wine bar and resturant, was great. They offered a "Happy Hour" of 50 % off bar drinks and selected menu items which included a $3.00 per pint of micro-brews and $5.00 for a glass of a very nice wine.

The District is a nice place to dine.It focuses on locally grown menu items at a competitive price. Mony, my waitress, was exceptional in describing the choices available at the resturant for the evening.

The hotel is a few minute walk to the convention center and is a great, clean, organized, place to stay if staying in Phoenix for a convention.

1 Thank timfromnj
Nic_PHX, Director of Rooms at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you so much for letting us know about your recent stay and for recommending us. We appreciate both your business and the recommendation very much.

Although we love hearing that your room and view were beautiful and that your bed was comfy, we most enjoy hearing the comments about our staff members who delivered exceptional service to you during your stay.

Amelia and Mony are exceptional team members themselves and genuinely care about the comfort of our guests.

We wait to warmly welcome you back!

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed here on business and was very impressed with the quality of the hotel. The room was amazing and the staff were very friendly. My only disappointment was I was only in town one night. I will be traveling to Phoenix again soon and will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
So happy to hear you wanted to stay longer, music to our ears…

Since you know you will be coming back to Phoenix soon, we stand ready to welcome you back and we promise to deliver the same value and great service you experienced the first time.

Sedona, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great hotel in centralized downtown Phoenix location. Close to Light Rail for easy travel to many miles of Phoenix, Tempe and Mesa. Thank you Daysy for your wonderful housekeeping services. If you desire the complete package, the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown is the perfect choice.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
The complete package sounds good to us!

Thank you for your kind words and we will be sure to pass along your praise to Daysy in Housekeeping. The Housekeeping team here does so much more than clean rooms, and we are proud of them for the great service they consistently provide to our most valued guests.

Come back for more exploring and pampering.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is very convenient for anyone going to the convention center or Chase Field. The rooms are clean and well kept and there are two really good hotel bars, one in the lobby and the other just off of the lobby. My only complaint about this hotel is Internet access, which is not free in the rooms (which always burns me) and which is free, but very low quality in the lobby. It took forever to connect to and use the web which can be frustrating especially for business travelers. But all in all it is a great hotel.

• Stayed October 2012
I know that telling you that the non-guestroom internet availability is standard in the industry does not help it go down any better, and I do understand your frustration.

We do apologize for the slow connectivity you experienced in the lobby however – this should not have been the case since the hotel increased its bandwidth. I can certainly bring the feedback you provided to our IT department. This is, in fact, the wonderful aspect of feedback in that we can now use this to the advantage of future guests, so thank you very much for taking the time to write us about it.

We appreciate both your feedback and your business.