“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #19 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Grayson, Kentucky
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I recently visited Phoenix for the first time, and stayed at the Sheraton for a work-related conference. I had a wonderful time at this amazing hotel! Everything I wanted to see was within walking distance (Chase field, conference center, plenty of restaurants/bars/etc) and they had rickshaws available for the people who didn't want to walk. The hotel was extremely clean, and the staff went above and beyond to make me feel at home. I had a great view from the 21st floor, the beds were extremely comfortable, and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
leoper, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Great place to stay!

We are thrilled that you had such a great experience as a first-time visitor to Phoenix, and we certainly hope it won’t be your last.

Sitting in the heart of the downtown area has always afforded our guests the opportunity to explore all of the venues and activities that make our city so enjoyable to visit. It sounds like you were able to experience quite a bit of it.

Thank you for your kind words and we promise to go above and beyond for you each time you stay with us. We appreciate your business.

Warm Regards

LEO PERCOPO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed September 28, 2011

My company held its annual conference at this hotel and I must say...it was the best accommodations that I have had in Phoenix for a conference in a LONG time.

I was greeted warmly by all the staff I encountered. Check-in was smooth and uneventful. The front desk personnel was friendly and accommodating. I had brought gift bags for some of my co-workers staying there and for a small fee, delivered each gift bag to each recipient's room after check-in.

The beds, linens, and pillows were divine. Better sleep there than at home! I was shocked. The room was elegant, yet contemporary. The bathroom amenities were top shelf. I really enjoyed the orange lotion. The towels were fluffy.

Room service was excellent and efficient. The poolside service was great. Not too much attention, but just enough. The cocktails were awesome (but quite pricey). I didn't visit the fitness center, but I heard that it was great.

What I really appreciated was that if you opted out of maid service, you were given a $5 off coupon to use at their restaurant or room service. For someone that doesn't like housekeeping poking around my room, it worked great for me. If you want clean towels or extra lotion/soap/etc., you just called for it and they would deliver.

The "coffee bar" was awesome, but not necessary if you like brewed coffee. The room coffee was AWESOME.

The bell service was quick and efficient. The ambience of the entire hotel was bright and open and despite all the marble, it was not "cold".

The conference area was easily accessible from the rooms, so you didn't have to walk a mile to get to your meetings.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and hope to stay there again soon.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
I can’t say enough how very pleased I was to read your review, and to hear that your expectations were exceeded in every area of the hotel that you frequented during your recent stay. I would highly recommend visiting our Fitness Center during your next stay; you heard correctly, it is great and very state of the art in design and efficiency.

I’m also very happy to hear how well our “Make a Green Choice” program worked for you; this is our commitment as a hotel and as a company to do our part in reducing our carbon footprint.

The staff here takes their commitment to guest service very seriously and I could not be prouder of them for that. We promise the same level of service the next time you visit, and we hope to welcome you back very soon!

Warm Regards

LEO PERCOPO
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed September 28, 2011

I have an office in Phoenix and I travel there quite a bit for business and events. Truth be told, I've never been a big fan of Phoenix because of the heat and the brown landscape (117 degrees is 117 degrees, dry heat or not) but my recent stay at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown was by far the best. I was greeted immediately by not one but two valets when I pulled up. The friendly young man at the registration desk made a point to come out from behind the desk to greet me personally. That may have been a function of having no queue but still a class move. I was given a promotion that tripled my rewards points, told where everything was, when everything was available and how to get there (I was on an executive floor that required special access).

The room was everything i expected and I was fortunate to have a good view of what I consider a pretty boring landscape; all flat, all brown and then beautiful mountains (all with unique names) jutting up out of the flatness. I gained a different appreciation for the Airzona landscape in that room. I went green and declined maid service everyday for which i was given a voucher for a discount on future stays which was new to me. I don't require fresh linens or towels as I am the only to use them and i'm not in town for long so I thought that was a very smart option to give eco-conscious travelers.

I was there for a business summit so the meeting accomodations were top notch but the highlight of my stay by far was an awesome bartender at the lounge bar, Carrie. She was just a trainee but she was attentive, she was friendly, had a smile to die for and someone I would go back to the Sheraton just to see. She told me where I could find funs things to do while I was in town, talked sports and laughed at my awful jokes. I would be remiss if I didn't mention her trainer, Matt (I hope that's his name) because he was great too. Cheers, Carrie and Matt :)

Carrie, Matt, the rest of the staff and the world class service all amounted to a memerable stay at a classy hotel in a city for which I have a new found love. If I'm within 50 miles of Pheonix, the Sheraton Downtown is the only place I'll stay. Thanks for everything.

Bloomington, Minnesota
Reviewed September 26, 2011

I've had the pleasure of having roughly a half dozen work events held at this hotel and it truly does feel like home away from home. They anticipate your needs with world class effort. I work for a company that conducts several large scale trainings per year and with as complex and stressful as these can be, the folks at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel make them go as smoothly as I could ever wish for. This is truly the best property we've ever had an event at and I look forward to being able to bring business back to them.

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Boasts that it is the largest hotel in Arizona and it certainly is big with a cavernous foyer/reception area. Despite this, the building is very easy to navigate having at least three separate elevator shafts.
The rooms are well appointed, large and spotlessly clean. Fresh bottles of chilled water are provided daily.
The staff are unfailingly helpful, their attentiveness humanising this great monolith. From check-in to departure, four nights later, they were cheerful pleasant courteous and always eager to be of assistance. The place is also exceptionally well managed, all its services running faultessly
It is situated in downtown Phoenix which at its best is dreary and at its worst so empty of people you wonder if you've slept through some disaster. However, I'd not only return to this hotel but look forward to doing so.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank heap6
Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Reviewed September 21, 2011

Had a billing problem. Called Accounts Receivable to dispute charge. Was not called back. Called again and explained that I did not sign for a charge that was on my bill. Was told they would look into it. Was told I signed for the charge as the waitress was a witness to it.. A total lie! Told them to check their security tapes. Called to speak to general manager about my problem. Left message with one of his assistants. Never got a call back. As a SPG, very disappointing! Not the type of treatment I expect from a Sheraton.

1 Thank Eric K
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Came here for a business stay and was impressed! Big, open entry way, clean, nice rooms, super helpful staff (bell service, front desk, room service) and delish food to choose from when getting room service (even at 10pm!). Nothing is more annoying than getting into a hotel late and having two un-inspired sandwiches to choose from. They had tons of options - but I had baked tomato soup with fontina cheese and croutons as well as the spinach salad with strawberries, roasted beets, almonds, and goat cheese. So good.

Would absolutely stay here again!

Stayed September 2011, traveled on business