“Incredible help during emergency!”

Sheraton Grand Phoenix
Ranked #19 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Twin Lakes
“Incredible help during emergency!”
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We stayed at the Sheraton during a conference in early August and the second night I came down with a horrible stomach virus. When things seemed to be getting severe, we contacted the main desk and requested help for how to get to a hospital since we did not have a car. They immediately sent up a couple security guys, Kyle Miller and I think, Brian.... Anyway, under the most awkward of circumstances, these guys were just awesome! They really took care of us. Called for emergency help, got a wheel chair, and were just there to help in whatever way we needed. They did not push themselves on us, but gave us options, were incredibly, and I mean incredibly, respectful and sensitive. Just really can't say enough. We went to the ER and they sent the hotel car to pick us up when we needed to return. Of course, this all started after midnight and we needed to return several hours later. They were available to us after we returned, if needed, and even had gingerale and toast waiting in our room upon our return. Really, everyone at this hotel was very kind to us throughout this ordeal. The next day or two as I recooped in the room, the staff was available to help with a service or refrain, and our request for more gingerale was quickly met. They kindly inquired how I was doing, including the security staff making a followup call later the next day to check on us. The attention we received was appropriate and appreciated. Thank you, Kyle, Brian, and everyone at Sheraton for making a very unpleasant situation into something we won't forget in a good way - for the professional and personal way in which you came to our aid!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Exellent service!..... especially two of the "house keeping" ladies! their names are Elena Fernandez and Silvia Fernandez. We have been in this hotel for about 1 month and a half and I have had the opportunity to change rooms and floor but we have said "no" because we want to stay in these floor and this room because of their exellent service(Elena and Silvia)!. We are very thankfull to you Sheraton because of your exellent service! and very nice staff!.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Stayed here 3 nights in late August for work. I normally hate everything about 1000+ room convention hotels. So I tried and tried and tried some more to find something wrong with this hotel. Never did.

This place deserves all the praise it gets on this web site.

Simply an excellent hotel in every way: The staff, the rooms, the gym, the supurb restaurant (where I ate almost every meal).

I guess August is low season so the hotel was more than half empty (I think). I got a rate of roughly $110 a night (taxes included), which was an absolute steal. Like robbery. The single room I stayed in was easily worth double that (even in low season).

My only minor annoyances: The restaurant, as good as it is, can't make a proper cappuccino. And you have to pay for wifi in your room.

But that is about the most I could find wrong with this place.

This Sheraton is a model in every way for what big, downtown hotel should be.

Congratulations to whomever runs that place.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I stayed here for a few nights in mid-August on a business trip. This hotel basically gears itself for the business crowd and does a perfectly adequate job at meeting their needs. The rooms are your standard Sheraton rooms with somewhat dated and worn furniture, but still perfectly serviceable (though the air conditioning doesn't get very cold, which some people may dislike). They have free parking in an underground garage, so that was a nice touch. Though I am a Starwood Platinum member, they did not upgrade me to a suite even though the hotel did not seem particularly booked to me, so that's a minus in my book. They did give me access to the club, however. The club is a little small, but they have a decent continental breakfast spread every morning and the light appetizers they put out during dinner time were quite tasty and filling. All in all, I wouldn't mind staying here again but I might be inclined to try a different hotel in the area to see what they have to offer.

1 Thank Randy G
Reviewed August 28, 2011

I was in Phoenix for a conference. I enjoyed the hotel: nice rooms, great outdoor hot tub and pool. I was in the hot tub before dawn every morning. Good fitness facilities as well. I wanted to make sure I got a chance to see the town while I was there. The hotel has great running maps that take you through the historic district. I recommend a walk or run to see the architecture. It is also in good proximity to local attractions and public transportation.

Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 24, 2011

With her bright smile and her warm welcoming hello, Kristen Brown goes above and beyond to make every stay a feeling of returning home. I hope you realize what a gem of a employee you have! David Brown

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
leoper, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this review, August 29, 2011
GREAT EMPLOYEE
Aug. 24TH, 2011

I am a huge Kristin Brown fan myself. I’m sure you would agree that with her attitude, she will always be a great representative of this hotel and we could not be prouder to have her on our team.

All of us here are ready to welcome you back for your next stay. We appreciate your business and never take it for granted!

Warm Regards

Warm regards,

LEO PERCOPO
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 21, 2011

If you like your Starbucks close, you couldn't ask for a better location. There are 5 within a 1/2 mile, Starbucks in your room and Starbucks in the lobby!
The staff was wonderful and we received a complimentary upgrade with an amazing view of the city and Camelback Mountain. This is the perfect location for being in the center of everything; sporting events, restaurants and the ASU downtown campus. It's only a block from the light rail station and close to the highways if you need to go anywhere else.
The room quality, service and restaurant were all fantastic. We have joined the frequent stay club as I know we will be staying there again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
STARBUCKS ALL AROUND
Aug. 21ST, 2011

We do enjoy being situated in the very center of our downtown area, and this makes all of the things you mentioned, easily accessible for our guests. We always love it when our guests are able to get out and explore our City.

It was gratifying to hear that the quality of our rooms, food and overall service exceeded your expectations enough to make you want to return. We promise to deliver these same standards on your next stay with us.

Until then,