“GREAT staff, excellent property for meetings and classy decor”

Sheraton Grand Phoenix
Ranked #16 of 173 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed June 22, 2011

This Sheraton sets a new standard for Sheraton hotels. The staff definitely focus on you, the guest. The rooms are all updated and the lobby is very bright and inviting. We had a meeting here and the staff's number one objective was to please the meeting guests - and it showed.

My next visit to Downtown Phoenix, whether business or pleasure, will be the Sheraton Phoenix.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
leoper, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2011

GREAT staff, excellent property for meetings and classy decor
June 22nd 2011

We could not be happier to be your hotel of choice the next time you are in Phoenix.

Thank you for the great feedback on the hotel and especially about our staff. I feel they continually strive to take the guest experience to the highest level, which was obviously something you felt as well.

We appreciate your business and your feedback very much, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

LEO PERCOPO

Write a ReviewReviews (1,658)

Reviewed June 22, 2011

Valet and bellman were excellent !! Front desk needs refinement and training.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank MrFeatherFastback
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Very nice hotel for using the convention center. Amazing Beds, nice views, good food, free water in the room. Dredful Hot Pool on stark deck!

Room Tip: Good view from up high.
1  Thank Linda_Henson_Sorrow

Thank you so much for your comments; we appreciate you taking the time to write about us.

Although it sounds as if you enjoyed some of the things that make us unique – you mentioned the amazing comfort of our Sweet Sleeper bed– there is not a whole lot we can do about summertime in Phoenix. We have installed misters up on the pool deck around our new outdoor bar and they do seem to be effective in bringing the temperature down. We invite you to experience it the next time.

Until then, we will be happy and eager to welcome you back!

Reviewed June 19, 2011

I've made several business trips to the Phoenix area during the past three months and each time have stayed in and around Tempe. This time I was headed west into the Mojave Desert on business and so wanted to stay downtown to avoid rush hour traffic as I headed out of town in the morning.

This Sheraton is a very pleasant, comfortable hotel. I had a basic King room on the 20th floor with a beautiful view north. The room was quiet. I was able to get a fair bit of work done at the desk, which faces the window and the view, and also had two nights of blissful sleep. The room was immaculate and the TV was a wall-mounted HD flat screen.

The pool is located on an outside terrace on the south side of the building. A bar and sitting area is nearby and I sat and read the paper there in the mornings. The lobby is beautiful, the self-park in the garage downstairs is easy to get in and out of ($17 a day for guests).

My only complaint with Sheraton is the daily internet access fee. For a business hotel this is ludicrous. I didn't need the Web this time so it wasn't a problem; however, in the past when I have needed to work online this charge has annoyed me. At least they allow guests to check in and print boarding passes at the business center downstairs.

1  Thank Abbotsbury92
leoper, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

We were happy to hear that you enjoyed so many of the things that make staying at the Sheraton Phoenix Downtown Hotel unique and enjoyable, from the beautiful room with a view, to our brand new bar by the outdoor pool, we loved hearing that these things made your stay comfortable and enjoyable.

As a valued guest of the hotel, internet service is provided to you in our Link, at no charge. The Link provides a space for our guests to work, relax, connect electronically to friends and family and also provides an opportunity to interact socially with other guests if they so desire.

We appreciate the opportunity to be of service again soon and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

My wife and I just recently enjoyed four nights and five days in Phoenix and stayed at the Sheraton Downtown. We highly recommend the hotel for travelers into the Phoenix downtown area. The hotel is close walking distance to the convention center, baseball park, and other major venues. There is an AMC movie theater across the street from the hotel. The staff was most attentive to any and all of our needs and were outstanding. We were extremely pleased with the friendly support staff of the hotel. Our room was excellent. It was cleaned to perfection each day and the climate control was great. With the outside temp in the 100+, it was refreshing to enter the room with a cool room. The bed and bedding was great and comfortable. LCD TV and cable selection was very good. We will stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

And we will be happy to welcome you back!

I am so pleased you found everything to your liking and felt that our staff took good care of you during your stay. It sounds like you were also able to explore and enjoy the surrounding area as well – we do feel that we are in the very heart and center of the downtown area.

We appreciate the time you took to write about us and recommend us, and we do look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 15, 2011

Just spent several days at Sheraton Downtown Phoenix. Not only was the hotel absolutely gorgeous, but the employees were amazing. Every person at the front desk went out of their way to help, greet, and accommodate. Amelia DeOuerez (?) cleaned our room each day to a perfect shine. The concierge's recommendations were perfect. The breakfast buffet was scrumptious. I'd stay here again anytime!

1  Thank dkd_11

We were so pleased to read your comments.

I know that the staff here is very focused on guest service and providing those kinds of thoughtful touches, such as Amelia did in preparing your room for you each day – to exceed expectations, and they were apparently successful in their efforts during your stay with us.

We hope you will return again and we’ll work hard to make your next stay just as wonderful as the first one.

Reviewed June 14, 2011

I had to do a quick business trip to Phoenix so I did not spend a great deal of time in the hotel, but when I was there, it was great all the way around. I did get a chance to use the fitness room which was excellent; I dined in the restaurant which had great food and great service; and I enjoyed my short time in the room with a great night's sleep.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business