“Always a pleasure”

Sheraton Grand Phoenix
Ranked #17 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed May 9, 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel for Mother's Day. It was such a delight to find this gem in downtown Phoenix. The attention paid to every minute detail and the courtesy shown by the entire staff, made this a memorable and most pleasurable experience for me and my family. l must say, their Mother's Day Brunch was just as pleasureable to look at, as it was delicous, from filet mingnon to all of the delectable desserts. They even had a cute station where the little one's could make the very own personlized cards to present to their moms. And most of all...It all wasn't a budget buster. All in all, just a beautiful experience.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank vahnaz
Write a ReviewReviews (1,624)

Reviewed May 8, 2011

Stayed four nights in a end of the hall room, very quiet and clean. Each of the staff I spoke with were friendly and eager to assist. Did not eat at the property restaurants because there were so many great places to eat close right accross the street (Sams Cafe, Big Fat Greek, etc...) and i wanted to walk and enjoy the weather, I did hear very good things from others at the conference about the onsite restaurants. Bed was great as I had read on reviews posted here.

Great location and appeared to be very safe, easy walking distance to see the Diamondbacks or Suns, saw police patrolling not only those areas but most of the areas in Phoenix I visited and felt very safe walking to local restaurants.

Only three negative comment's first is smokers would gather outside the front door at lunch, other times of the day most used the break area by the parking garage.Next if you are wanting to visit shopping malls, you will need to rent a car or use a cab. Biggest complaint, no free wi-fi in the rooms, at a place as nice and service oriented as this one, paying for internet in your room is a crime!

Overall one of the best hotels for attending a conference I have been to. I am looking forward to returning with my family to see more of Phoenix and staying again at the Sheraton!

Room Tip: Quietest rooms are at the end of the hall.
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2011

The Sheraton was a totally great experience from check in to check out. They offered a room which was very comfortable, beautifully climate controlled with great toiletries. The breakfast buffet was ample the location was ideal and I felt safe and protected throughout my week long stay. They provided musical entertainment in their lounges at night. There really is nothing bad I can say about my August experience.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2011

This hotel exceeds my expectations in all areas but the restaurant staff is the most exceptional part of the stay. Server Julynn Chutan has served me many times on stays at this hotel and is one of the best in the business. She is attentive, friendly and very knowledgable. Overall the hotel is great for the business traveler int hat it is located across the street from the Phoenix Center which has a movie theater and other great restaurants within 500 ft. Guest rooms are extremely comfortable with outlets where I need them. Great hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
leoper, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2011

Outstanding Experience
April 30th

It was very gratifying to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations during your recent stay with us. Our team here does strive to provide a high level of service and many thoughtful touches to the guest experience, and it delights me that you were able to experience some of the things that make this hotel so special. Your kind words about Julynn only validate what we have known about her from the beginning, and we feel fortunate to have her on our team.

Thank you for your feedback and your business, we appreciate both, and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed April 23, 2011

I stay in Sheratons & Westins as often as possible, and this particular Sheraton is the best I've ever stayed in. The hotel is three years old and looks brand new. They have both valet & on-site self-parking, and the self-parking is very easy to access, with an elevator to the lobby that also can take you to the first 17 floors of the hotel.

If you can get an upgrade to the club floor, or have high enough status with SPG to get club access, it's well worth it. Continental breakfast in the club lounge is excellent, with a variety of menu items including a range of cold cereals, hard-boiled eggs, beautiful fresh fruit (both whole and cut-up), and Starbucks coffee, all complimentary. Unlike most hotel club lounges, this one is open from 6AM - 11AM 7 days a week (normally at Sheratons & Westins the club lounges are open only until 9 or 9:30 AM weekedays and closed on weekends). In the afternoon there is an excellent light finger-food buffet provided from 4PM - 7PM, also 7 days/week.

The staff here is exceptionally friendly & helpful. The on-site restaurant has excellent (but over-priced) food. And the hotel also offers 24 hour room service. Fitness center is state of the art. I simply can't think of anything bad to say about this hotel -- it will be my preferred hotel any time I'm in the Phoenix area.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to the club level
1  Thank WahineOnTheRoad
leoper, General Manager at Sheraton Grand Phoenix, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2011

How wonderful to hear that our hotel made such a great impression upon you during your recent stay. I am so glad that you were able to experience so many of the thoughtful touches that make the Sheraton Phoenix so special, such as our Club Lounge.

It was also very gratifying to hear that you found our staff to be so welcoming and friendly, as well.

We sincerely look forward to your next stay. Thank you again for your comments.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 22, 2011

I stayed at this hotel attending a 400+ person conference. The staff was excellent. They called me by name (gee the convention nametag helped) and did a far better job of making me feel like an important guest, rather than someone who slept there for a night. Special cudos to Jenny at the Front Desk and Martin at the Bell Station.

Room Tip: Ask for end of the hall. The walk is worth it
1  Thank Don K

We are delighted to hear that your business conference went so well.

Our staff does strive to provide the very best of service and it certainly sounds like Jenny and Martin succeeded in their efforts to ensure that you felt well cared for while here.

Our guests are our highest priority.

Thank you again for your feedback and your business, we certainly look forward to your return.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 19, 2011

Jason T. has exceeded my expectations and I am pleased with the exceptional service he provided me. He is an excellent employee who always does his job with a smile and ready to assist. Jason is true professional.

1  Thank wclerizier