“The service was amazing!”

Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 175 Hotels in Phoenix
“The service was amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2011

My husband and I had our wedding at the AZ grand resort November 2010 and it was absolutely wonderful. Our guests could not get over how beautiful the view was and our wedding planner Melanie really kept things together making our wedding a night to remember! Our guests are still talking about it. The rooms were a bit pricey and they did charge us for more guests than we had which was a complete misunderstanding, but the overall atmosphere was so fun. Thank you AZ grand for making our wedding the best!

• Stayed November 2010
resortgry, General Manager at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 16, 2011
Thank you so much for the great review – we’re thrilled to hear your special day was the best! We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (691)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

My family and I spend 1-2 weekends at this resort each year - because we enjoy the Oasis waterpark. While I have noticed a slip in service levels over the last year, this most recent experience was noticeably worse and worthy of not returning. The staff appear to be very junior and not properly trained. The resort was busy and the staff did not seem equipped to handle the large # of guests. When we arrived in our car and pulled up to the front lobby, no one greeted us -- there were employees walking past us with no recognition. I finally stopped someone and told them we were checking in and asked if we could leave our car. He said "ya, just give me your keys" The lady that checked us in barely cracked a smile. I tried to make pleasant conversation with her to no avail and she eventually told me she had already been "beat up quite a bit that day." We told her we were travelling with another family who had already checked in and requested a room close to or connecting to them. She told us that the room our friends checked into did not offer a connecting room (of which we confirmed later that was false), she then offered to place us in a room in the same building and confirmed that it would have a ground floor patio that opened to the waterpark (we agreed to take this room rather than have our friends check-out and wait for two connecting rooms to become available because we decided this patio option would be nice for all of us to enjoy). When we arrived to our room, we found that our "patio" opened to the parking lot and had no more than standing room. At the waterpark, we found the pricing of food & drinks to be downright ridiculous-- Example: $7 for chicken fingers, we had to pay extra for a side of BBQ sauce + another $4 for fries, all of which show up in a plastic basket.. My friend and I went to the spa for pedicures ($70) and I will tell you the service and atmosphere did not warrant more than $20. The pedicure area was stuck in the back of the salon, the "massage" chairs barely rumbled. The actual pedicure was very, very basic. We spent most of the time listening to the two nail technicians discuss their personal lives. When my pedicure was completed, my technician stood up, left and never even acknowledged that the pedicure was completed. My friend and I were told by someone else that we'd have to move because the chairs were needed "like right now" - we proceeded to walk barefoot across the salon to an empty chair. My technician returned to the salon room with supplies for the next service and noticed I was still there and said "oh sorry, I was busy, I'll be right there to help you with your shoes." Very disappointing! At the breakfast buffet, there were no labels on food items, the oatmeal was ice cold, and all staff seemed too busy to stop and offer assistance or even smile. Finally, we requested on two separate occasions to receive transportation to Rustler's Rooste. We stood outside both times for 10+ minutes and no one arrived. At one time I eventually walked to the front lobby. A bellman was standing outside with a ear piece on. As I stood directly in front of him, he did not acknowledge me but continued to speak into this earpiece. The man that finally drove me up to Rustler's Rooste also spoke on his ear piece non-stop to his other bellman buddies, cracking jokes. It was downright rude. I could go on with several additional examples. But, my final comment is that of warning. When booking a rate at this resort, ALWAYS take into consideration the additional $30 resort services fee. I saw several guests very upset about this at check in. Also, we booked a rate that included a $50 resort credit. Read the fine print on this as well. There are limitations as to where this can be spent. This resort is tricky in how it markets its rates and it does not clearly identify this rate during the reservation process. I am very sad, as this has been my favorite Stay-cation resort for a number of years… but it might be time to find a new home-away-from-home. I am one that will spend money for a good vacation experience and enjoys splurging on spa expereinces., but, the Oasis Waterpark is no longer enough to overlook the poor service and lack of value you receive. Unless I hear of a dramatic service upgrade, we will not be returning.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TXAZSunshine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

Ryan and all the staff at the Arizona Grand really went out of their way to make our stay the best it could be! The villa we stayed in was absolutely gorgeous, the pools were quiet and relaxing, the food and beverages were fantastic! The beds were the most comfortable I have ever slept in.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
resortgry, General Manager at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 10, 2011
Thank you for your review – we’re thrilled to hear you had a great time! We hope to see you at the resort again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

We traveled for a girls weekend and were upgraded to the villas which were fabulous. We had multiple spa treatments, lounged by the pool and loved spending time together at such a relaxing resort. Thank you Arizona Grand for making our stay so nice.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! We’re glad to hear you had a great time.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

Where do I begin? The staff and front office Manager Ryan, the pools, the Villa, the spa, the service, Room Service Food, the Cocktails served at the pool, the vibe, the firepits, the surroundings, the whole resort is amazing! Look into the Villas. They are BEAUTIFUL!!! I loved it so much, I am already going back! I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Arizona. The way we were taken care of truly AMAZING!!! Ryan made our stay unforgettable with his guest service. We were so happy!!! The Villas are large,have a kitchen, spotless clean, bathrooms have it all, and the beds.....YOU WILL SLEEP LIKE A BABY. I truly can't say enough. I have been back to Colorado for 2 days and I can't stop smiling and thinking about it. See you next year Arizona Grand!!!! Same time, Same place, same AMAZING experience I am sure.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
We’re so glad to hear that you had such a good time on your trip– thank you so much for your great review! We look forward to having you again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

Annual girls trip to the Arizona Grand Resort and each year it keeps getting better and better. We all had a great time and was very well taken care of by Ryan. He went out of his way to make our stay perfect and we will keep coming back year after year because of it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
We are so happy to hear you had a good time. Thank you so much for your patronage to the resort! Hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2011

The grounds of the Arizona Grande are breathtaking and made me feel as if I was on a tropical vacation. I love all of the fountains, palm trees, flowers, fire pits, and well-manicured trees and shrubs. Our room in the Villas was to die for and with the water fall right outside our window, I thought I may never leave. The spa was such a relaxing, wonderful experience, and I love all of the different pools. Each staff member that we met was friendly and helpful, especially Ryan at the front desk. He was amazingly accomodating! I can't wait to go back next year for the fourth year in a row!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the great review! We’re glad to hear that you had such a great time. Please do come back again soon.