“I would go back again and again, it felt like a real vacation.”

Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
Ranked #31 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed July 28, 2009

I had to book this hotel at the last minute when I booked at another hotel and found out it was horrible. They were helpful from the minute I called till the the second I left. I cant wait to take another vacation and I plan to go there every time I'm in phoenix from now on.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank sherrylynn_2

Reviewed July 28, 2009

This place was a class act & fun at the same time. WOW!!!!!! My kids are still talking about it and so are their parents. My daughter wanted to go to the Oasis water park for her birthday. It is located on the resort proporty(private,safe,clean and wonderful...

I spoke with Ryan (front desk manager prior to our arrival) He treated us like movie stars!!! No joke, these people really do care. He put my little girl &her friend in their own villa(granite countertops, the works...What a blessing.Our villa was over 900sq.ft. all s.s. appliences the works..We will never forget this vacation. From one consumer to another, this was a great place to stay, and the $ was out of this world...

Reviewed July 25, 2009

We had a great stay in a new, one-bedroom villa overlooking the water park. Service was great at the waterpark and with the hotel staff. We were able to arrive at the waterpark early and stayed after the checkout. We were pleased and impressed with the number of lifeguards on duty.

Reviewed July 24, 2009

My girlfriends and I had a fantastic time at Arizona Grand Resort. One of my friends and I live in Phoenix, but we had another friend fly in from NY (where it is much, much cooler). Being out at the pool and the amazing water park, you totally forget just how hot it is. I felt like a teenager again going down the 12-story slides! All the staff we came into contact with were really nice. And, the rooms are awesome. Every room is a suite, so you really can't go wrong. They are so roomy, and there was a nice sitting area away from the bedroom where we could sit, talk, play games, etc. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2009

My family and I enjoyed the Arizona Grand Resort immensely! The Villa Suite was beautiful; very spacious and functional design - and the bathroom! We could have thrown a party in there! Beautiful! We happily spent a good amount of time lounging in our room.

Dinner in the Lobby Grill: Excellent food and service…we were treated like royalty.

We were thrilled to find racquetball courts in the fitness center! And what a full and comprehensive exercise facility - there seems to be nothing they don't have. The spa was also lovely, though it's missing a sauna.

We spent the rest of the weekend in the water park. My 4-year-old had a ball! The wave pool was his favorite, while I enjoyed floating on the Lazy River with my 7-month-old in my lap. What a gorgeous facility! Plenty of baby and kid-friendly space.

Reviewed July 20, 2009

I thought this would be a nice relaxing weekend...what a joke. The line to check in went out the door. I had requested an early arrival only to find out that it was unavailable with two little one's in need of a nap and break from the hot sun. Went out to the waterpark only to find there was not a chair available to sit in nor was there one space of shade..WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE. Relax? The pools were packed, lazy river was packed, wave pool packed...obnoxious kids-I have kids too but come on-out of control. Went back to see if the room was available-stood in another line for 20 minutes..packed lobby. Got up to the room and it seemed ok. Got ready for dinner and saw the pool out our door and thought this may be the answer. Sorry-closed for a private party. Came back from dinner and crawled into the bed only to find the sheets were not even clean. Pull out couch sheets were stained, one of the beds in the room had an absolutely filthy duvet-you never would have seen this until you pulled off the top sheet. Woke up to maids cleaning the door to the room with a broom both top and bottom and looking in the windows-unbelievable. Compalined at the front desk only to be told that I should have called houskeeping when we found the room to not be clean enough---at 10pm. Checked out at 10am and never looked back...
Re-think this place....

2  Thank Sunnynaz623
resortgry, General Manager at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2009

We were very concerned to read this review and invite the reviewer to contact us directly and share the details of their experience. It is our hope that we will have the opportunity to offset any negative impression

Reviewed July 20, 2009

I recently booked some clients in July 09. I picked them up at the airport and took them to the Grand Resort. When I checked them in I was hit with a $30.00 per person! per Day! fee that they refused to take off. This was not on the reservation and I had to fork up the money at check out. I picked this hotel because of the location to my business. we had no intenion of going on the waterslide. they told me that this fee is for passes to the waterslide. I advised them that we would not be using it and they rudely refused to take it off the bill.

Watch out if you book this resort on Hotels.com or similar services, this fee does not show up on the booking price!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank jimib

We regret that this reviewer was not made aware of the resort fee or the amenities that it encompasses. We strive to create value for all of our guests and we make every effort to communicate the details during the reservation process.