We stayed at the Arizona Grand Resort at the end of March 2009. My husband, daughter (26), son (21) and myself totally enjoyed our stay. The water park was wonderful. The lazy river was exactly what we needed. There were plenty of chairs, rafts and space even though it was spring vacation and the resort was obviously filled.
The restaurants were all wonderful. We ate at the Rooster, Sports Bar and the Mexican Restaurant. Service and food was fantastic at all 3. The shuttle service to the restaurants and around the resort was a great addition, especially on the night it turned cool while we were at dinner and we did not want to walk from the restaurant back to our room.
The room was perfect and clean with the right number of towels without us having to request. This is something you do not find most places today. Parking was never a problem, and we were able to park near our room.
The pools were clean. We really enjoyed the adult only pool and hot tub in the evening. It gave us a place to go as a family and not disturb the other families with young children using the regular pools.
My daughter used the exercise room and took classes every morning. My husband and daughter also enjoyed the walking trail.
The location was great and centrally located to the spring training ball parks we went to.
Our only regret was that we did not stay longer. Next visit will have to be at least 1 week as there is so much to offer, we know we would not get bored.
We are looking forward to seeing the Arizona Grand Resort after they open their new lobby. This will just be another great addition to this location.
I would recommend this for families with young children, couples who want a peaceful place away, young adults looking for a nice, safe place for spring break and for families with grown children who would like to spend some quality time together. The resort is so large and has many pools as well as the water park and many restaurants to choose from. The fitness center offers classes throughout the day and the resort even offers a 2 hour guided bike ride.
Thank you for a great spring break
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the base of America's largest urban park and wilderness preserve, Arizona's only AAA Four Diamond all-suite resort features spacious one and two-bedroom suites. Whether meeting with colleagues or vacationing with friends, gracious service, creative culinary delights, and unique recreational activities await. All in the midst of a tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Jetsetter, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arizona Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arizona Grand Hotel Phoenix
- Pointe South Mountain Resort
- Pointe South Resort
- Arizona Grand Phoenix
- Arizona Grand Resort