5 night stay in a "mountain view" suite while attending a conference on site. The view was actually of the golf course,but the room itself was very clean and comfortable.The water park was closed while I was there so it was probably a little quieter than usual. By walking around the outer side of the golf course I was able to access some terrific hiking trails which did provide spectacular vistas. The conference center is a bit of a hike from the mountain view rooms, and the one time I called for a golf cart ride (as I had some items to carry), I waited 20 minutes and walked anyways. They had a happy hour at one of only three on site places to eat, it's called Aunt Chilada's. Outside of the happy hour drink prices, the rest of the experience was not great. We had chicken tacos that did not have but one tiny little shred of chicken. Same was true for the chicken nachos. There is also a steak house at the top of a hill (you need to get a transport to get over there). While it has a lovely view, the food was not very good. I had the mixed grill and both the fish and steak were overcooked. It is probably fun for families with kids as they have a slide and serve complimentary cotton candy for desert- and maybe the burgers are a better choice for this place. The lobby bar and restaurant are obscenely overpriced. One of my colleagues had a Villa, and that was a very nice one bedroom suite with a full kitchen and living room area. It is also closer to the conference center.
The location is very convenient to the airport ($25 cab ride) but there is nothing else nearby except for an outlet mall. Downtown Tempe is a $20 cab ride and it is a college town so it's mostly cheap bars and chain restaurants.
My conference sessions ended at 12:30pm. Regular checkout is at 11 am. I asked for an extension to check out at 1 pm and was told that I would have to pay for half a day extra, just for the two hours.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the base of America's largest urban park and wilderness preserve, Arizona's only AAA Four Diamond all-suite resort features spacious one and two-bedroom suites. Whether meeting with colleagues or vacationing with friends, gracious service, creative culinary delights, and unique recreational activities await. All in the midst of a tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Arizona Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arizona Grand Hotel Phoenix
- Pointe South Mountain Resort
- Pointe South Resort
- Arizona Grand Phoenix
- Arizona Grand Resort