“Arizona Grand Resort & Spa”

Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
Ranked #31 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
“Arizona Grand Resort & Spa”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed in a villa in September for a convention and it was fabulous! Great rooms, views, golf, pools and water park all in one place. Great indoor and outdoor lounge areas and good food in the restaurants. Good for families with children or grandchildren.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (713)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Sorry for the late review - really enjoyed this place. The water park is amazing and we spent hours on the lazy river just chilling out. It would have been nice to have more things to do on-resort since I was unable to golf due to a shoulder injury and it was way too hot to go hiking immediately above the resort. The temperatures in May were 100-112 although the humidity was non-existent. Went to a number of places in the area (Diamondbacks' game, Old Apache Trail, etc) and enjoyed those. This place is easy to get to from the airport and yet quiet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

Visited 3 nights For a conference. Service was very good. Our room was great. My wife loved the separate sitting area. Cool waterpark on premises. My only complaint was the distance between the different facilities. The resort did provide golf cart service to help guest get around. Conference center was a great venue.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
CHICAGO
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I was extremely extremely excited about this stay because of their Water Park. I spent a lot of time on the internet on where to stay and once I came across this resort with water park I had no doubt that this would be a day of family fun would be much desired.

After all the calls back and forth with their customer service, I had eventually found out that this water park is NOT open on weekdays in the month of October. Well.....that changes everything, but I was told that it is open on weekends. After rerouting my days because we were spending time in Sedona as well, I arranged to come back a day early so it would fall on a weekend so we can enjoy one good day of down time in the Oasis Water Park. The customer serice rep I was speaking to was aware of this and very accommodating. I was so excited.

I got 1 room with two beds for my in laws and my husband and I. After many days in Sedona, we all wanted a room for ourselves. So when we were checking in, I asked if there were any 1 King bedrooms available. This was just not a good day. A good time. Or the right person to help us. I dont want to put the girl down who was helping us or say their stay is bad....I am sure it was a combination of my hubbs bad attitude after a screaming toddler in the lobby of a resort. But this customer service just was NOT understanding what we were asking and it was so frustrating. We just wanted to cancel our double bed room for a single for us and a single for our in laws. After all said and done, and time wasted up front we just said forget it. Kept the rooms we had so we didnt change our room to a 1 bedroom which would have saved us a little bit of cash if we had. That would have confused her even more if we would have brought that up.

As we made it to our room my son was in dyer need of a nap. So as my husband stayed in the room I walked around to get myself comfortable with the resort and was eagerly excited to see the water park. As we had a long day, didnt make it to the resort as early as we would have liked but there was a few hours left to out day to enjoy the Oasis.

As you walk through the resort you feel a sense of greatness. It's big and beautiful. Tables outside where there is a fire place on the wall, if I only had time to enjoy that. We stayed in Camelback and it wasnt to far of a walk at all to the Oasis. As I walk up and start seeing a peek of the tubing for the lazy river I was getting so excited. I get a little bit closer only to see that there wasnt a soul in site in this water park. As a matter of fact, it was closed. I was able to catch one of the staff as they were exiting and questioned saying I was told it would be open. She apologized and said they close at 4:00. Are you kidding me! Check in is at 4:00! And the poll closes at 4:00!!! Again....are you kidding me!!! This was REALLY a huge blow to the remainder of the day. For something you were looking forward to, and rearranging our trip to make sure we can enjoy a day of the Oasis, there was a lack of spreading the word what time the Oasis closed! You know, im not mad at the rules. Im not mad because the month of October is the month they limit access. But what I AM upset about is that from ALL the opportunities that really couldnt have been told to me that this water park closed at 4:00 could have been said never was!!!! Never. The girl who booked me, knew I was coming in from Sedona a day early to enjoy this park. Anyway.....just annoyed. Period.

I went into the pool that night with my sister while visiting. The pools are suppose to be "heated". Again, I say "heated". They were freeeeezing. At least the pool in Camelback. There were two jacuzzis. One wasnt on, so it was freezing. The other was occupied but some lovebirds. We stayed long enough where the lovebirds left and my hubby arrived. He ordered us drinks. 1) It took FOREVER to get our drinks. It was about 7:00 at night and we were going to head out for dinner shortly, as we called to cancel the person told us he was on his way. They were nice enough to give us extra of a leftover of a drink but not worth the wait really. My hubby told me they charge you $9 for the service fee. They dont say that anywhere on the menu by the phone when you order! Look, I know im a resort but I also like to know what I am getting charged for. Because really, my husband could have walked around the corner got our drinks a hell of a lot faster and be $9 richer!

We went back into the pool in the after noon the next day. Cold. Still very stinking cold. I just want to enjoy being in a pool not shivering my tail off. It wasnt just us, others reacted the same way.

The beds were very comfortable! Slept like a baby. Loved them.

The bathroom in the double queen room was tight. You got a tub and a toilet so you have to walk behind the door to close it cause its so tight.

The lobby was a place to be taken in. You walk out to watch a game of gold. Kick your feet up to the fire place running in the morning with just a slight chill in the air comes perfect to you. Or catch some breakfast sitting out out on the patio.

Would I return to this resort. Absolutely! I loved this place and it was comfortable with ease. BUT I am very disappointed on how it all rolled out with the way we just avoided changing our rooms, so we wasted a extra $30 or whatever the difference is from 2 queens to a 1 king. And annoyed with the Oasis situation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank orca106
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 17, 2013

" This resort is spread out such that you can see the beautiful mountains in all directions. The grounds are well-kept and the foliage is lush and colorful. The suites are lovely and comfortable. All of the staff are there to assist with food recommendations, golf-cart services and other hospitality services. This is such a relaxing resort with all of the amenities that anyone would want. I highly recommend this resort."

Port Orange, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Beautiful setting, rooms were terrific, staff was super helpful and courteous. The grounds were well appointed and kept. The meeting spaces for the conference were more than adequate. All staff (minus where I got my coffee) were really, really great. The girls in the morning seemed a bit distracted or just ho-hum (but it was early)...I did get my coffee made the way I liked it and promptly. The pools were clean. To walk around the resort was very relaxing with all the beautiful fountains and foliage. The beds and pillows - super comfy. The layout of the room was very nice. Easy walk to other things off the resort area like a grocery store or other restaurants. I would love to come back.
Also, this location is VERY easy to get to from the airport. just super.

Lomita, California, United States
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The resort is beautiful, the staff is exceedingly friendly and helpful. The guest cart drivers were everywhere and really friendly. The rooms are well appointed, we had two flat screen tv's in out room! My sports, her movies! Yay!

Room Tip: We stayed in Sedona 412, it was a corner unit , had absolutelu no view, which was great because ther...