“Horrible Customer Service”

Ranked #30 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Omaha
“Horrible Customer Service”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We were guests Jan. 1 thru Jan 4th, 2013. 2 mornings and 1 evening we did NOT have hot water. I called to report it on Jan.3rd. Was told the boiler had gone out but they were addressing it, relighting it, and should have water in 10 minutes. We knew that was inaccurate but anyway, proceeded with COLD showers around 9:30 am. Upon return, I took the time to answer a email describing my stay where I again reported the cold water issues as well as the fact that the minibar fridge didn't work as well. Regardless, I heard nothing. This am, Jan. 24th, I was told that there were no records that we EVER reported this. Are you kidding me? You just basically called me a liar. I was not asking for anything in return............just wanted to take the time to make sure they were addressing the problem for future guests. Unacceptable. Everyone talks about their unecessary resort fees............we were hit with a $40 daily fee. On a side note, the young man handling our room service was excellent as was housekeeping. There are so many other great places to stay in Phoenix.....I will enjoy them instead next time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paige F
resortgry, General Manager at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Paige,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers. We strive to not only have a beautiful and relaxing resort, but also one with impeccable service. I apologize for any inconsistencies and inconveniences you experienced during your visit. I appreciate your feedback and take your comments seriously as I lead our staff. Please reach out to me should you still have any questions or concerns. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our resort.

Paul Gray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (702)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were here for a convention in downtown Phoenix, this staff couldn't be more awesome! Treated us like celebrities. Especially the Bell service, they made sure to take care of us anyway they could. They were the main reason our stay was exceptional. Could not say enough about them! 7stars!

Room Tip: I don't think room location makes a difference, excellent service makes up for it!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Curleyblonde607
Dear Curley Blonde,

WOW, 7 Stars! It is incredible to see that you had such an outstanding time and felt like celebrities. We all look forward to welcoming you back, and giving you more of the Arizona Grand royal treatment.

Ocean View, New Jersey
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I traveled with a friend last week to phoenix, Az....coldest time in twenty years. But the arizonia grand resort made up for the weather. It was absolutely beautiful resort. The service was superb. Our room was lovely, especially the comfort of the bed. My only suggestion to improve the best of the best would be to offer robes in the room. Would most definately return, hopefully during warmer weather.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank ghennie
Dear Ghennie,

I am glad to see you stuck out the cold snap with us, that week was definitely out of the norm for Phoenix! Thank you for the tip, I’m sure a robe would have helped with the cold. I look forward to welcoming you back to Arizona Grand Resort & Spa.

Macungie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 23, 2013

First class resort with all the amenities you could ask for! Stayed in a beautiful one bedroom suite which was very roomy. We were lucky enough to have some 80 degree days in January, so the pool area was used and very clean and comfortable area to relax at.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lahensinger,

It is great to see that you were able to experience some amazing Arizona pool weather even in January! Thank you for your compliments, we look forward to welcoming you back when your business travels bring you back to Phoenix.

CARLSBAD
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Beautiful hotel. Extra fees that are basically unused are not good. I can agree with the 2.00 per day for the housekeeper. But, 10 dollars a day per adult extra fee??? Basically we paid 30.00 for a guy to show us to our room.. We brought our own coffee maker, used our own wifi, didn't use any amenities. Rip off for us.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank CARLYN S
Dear Tolebird,

I am sorry to hear that you felt you were overcharged. By the looks of your charges it appears you had visited us with a group, the housekeeping and bellman fees are only required when a large group reserves a number of guest rooms and adds these stipulations in a contract in order to secure a lower group room rate. We truly do appreciate your business and would like the opportunity to welcome your family back again in the future. Should your travels bring you back to Phoenix please contact our reservation specialists to choose the room and rate best suited for your needs.

New York City, New York
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Average sounds so damning, no? But I don't think this merits a "Very Good".

We flew in to Phoenix in June, on our way to the Grand Canyon. We were staying in PHX only one night and we chose this resort for the kids, because of its "water park".

Pros: We had a large 2br suite near the water park. Pleasant, roomy, newish and well appointed.
Service was friendly and helpful. The water park is 2 minutes away.

Cons: The waterpark was a little disappointing. I suppose it is something that is hard to keep in good repair, but when you swim in something you kind of want ti to be pristine. Also, it was kind of lame IMHO ... although the only other hotel with a waterpark that I can compare this to is Atlantis in the Bahamas, so that may be unfair. It didn't help that in June the vegetation is a little sad in PHX.

NOTE: Based on reviews on this site, I was worried about being able to get chairs or a cabana. FWIW, midweek in June, the place was empty. I think there was a conference, and they were not really waterpark-types.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 6ContinentsNCounting
resortgry, General Manager at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear 6ContinentsNCounting,

Thank you for sharing your review of your stay last summer. It is great to see that your family enjoyed your spacious two bedroom villa and close proximity to Oasis Water Park. I am sorry to see you were not as equally impressed with the quality of the water park and vegetation in the dry June weather. I hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, maybe in the spring when the resort grounds are lush and blooming.

Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This resort was nice, I stayed for one night and was pleased when I left and would probably have come back again. However, I noticed a charged for 25.00 on my credit card the next day and called the hotel to inquire and was very displeased to find out that it is what they call a hotel fee. This fee apparently gives me access to the fitness center, phone calls, the coffee maker in the room, and wifi access. This charge is a per night charge. Outrageous! This is not given as an option and is a BS excuse to sneak in charges on a hotel room you ALREADY paid for. I also was a little surprised to find that I had two regular sheets on my bed in place of a fitted sheet. Overall was an okay time but the fee just ruined it for me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Isaac D
Dear Isaac,

I am glad to see that you were pleased with your one night stay and would visit us again. Thank you for sharing your feedback on our resort fee. We use this one fee to cover services like valet parking, WIFI, fitness center and fitness classes and save our guests from paying for the services on an a la carte basis. We make a point to cover the resort fee and inclusions when booking a reservation, within the confirmation letter, when checking in and on the folio processed when checking out. I hope that you decide to visit us again when your travels bring you back to Phoenix.