I stayed here for three nights while attending a conference on the property. My husband and I stayed in the Mountainside section. Checking in was a breeze and we were directed to follow the golf cart to our room. The bellhop was informative and polite and when finished turned to leave not hesitating for a moment, as if not expecting a tip. I did tip him but appreciated him not having the expectation to be tipped. He did make a point of saying we could remove items in the honor bar and replace them with our own items that needed to be refrigerated.
Every thing about the room was superb. Comfortable beds, pillows and linens. It had a separate area with couch and table/desk with chairs. Beautifully decorated and clean. We had a lovely balcony with seating overlooking the golf course.
We were given a map of the sprawling resort that did not give instruction how to get from point A to B. The bellhop had mentioned we could call for a golf cart anytime we needed a ride. I called the operator and general services several times without answer. Curious, since instructions say to call the operator for an emergency. My husband drove me over to the conference facility the first day since I didn't know where I was going. This facility was great in every aspect. Breakfast and lunch were catered by the hotel and the food was delicious. Appreciated the china, stemmed glassware, cloth napkins. Starbucks coffee was abundant. So much nicer than most conferences I've attended. We were able to take our food to tables set up in the back of the exhibit hall or outside where there were adequate places to sit. The seating area was a beautiful outdoor area with lit gas fireplaces with cushioned seating around the fire. The landscaping was beautiful as well as the weather. I highly recommend this facility for conferences.
Finding my way back to our room was a bit of a challenge. The first time I walked along the path in the back. There was a large water park that was closed, apparently for the season. It was beautifully maintained by workers busily working. All very pleasant with cheery hellos as I passed by. The walkway ended at the golf course and I walked to my room via the cart path. I later found it was closer to walk to the conference room through the parking lots. All in all I enjoyed the walks.
I didn't play golf or use the many pools but they all looked good. I didn't eat at the restaurant but the menu looked similar to the food I ate at the meeting, which was very good. There were several restaurants in walking distance that appeared to be off the property. I wouldn't have been comfortable walking there by myself.
There wasn't much to criticize. Our room was at the end of the building. Twice I awoke to people climbing the stairs and talking in the wee hours of the morning. The housekeepers were quite aggressive when they were ready to count the honor bar or clean the room. They would knock once and just barge in, not giving me time to get to the door. I made sure the latch was on so I wouldn't be embarrasses if I was dressing or using the blow dryer and didn't hear their one knock.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled at the base of America's largest urban park and wilderness preserve, Arizona's only AAA Four Diamond all-suite resort features spacious one and two-bedroom suites. Whether meeting with colleagues or vacationing with friends, gracious service, creative culinary delights, and unique recreational activities await. All in the midst of a tropical escape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Arizona Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arizona Grand Hotel Phoenix
- Pointe South Mountain Resort
- Pointe South Resort
- Arizona Grand Phoenix
- Arizona Grand Resort