“great small conference area but full of other activities”

Arizona Grand Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
alberta
“great small conference area but full of other activities”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Very nice resort for this conference, easy to get around once you get there. Bell staff greet you and then you realize all staff will say hello to you no matter what, and are eager to help. A little dark in the night but it feels safe. Bar, restaurant is nice and pro shop for golf and area to buy food or gifts is very large. Golf course looks great and the area for their Oasis water pool etc is huge. Yes there is a 15$ charge for this and wifi but this is normal for other upscale hotels. Walk across the street there is a Fry's and closeby an outlet mall. You do need a vehicle or taxi to get around, but that is Phoenix. 20 minutes to the airport around 18$ cab ride.

I would return even for a golf holiday. No pressure to buy property which is nice.

Room Tip: don't pick indoor room Camelback as you can hear trucks early in the morning, the villa area is...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
resortgry, General Manager at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear Calab,

Thank you for sharing your tips with fellow travelers and conference attendees. I am glad that you found our close proximity to Arizona Mills Mall, Fry’s Electronics and Sky Harbor Airport valuable amenities. I look forward to welcoming you back to Arizona Grand Resort & Spa in the future for a golf vacation.

Paul Gray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (700)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
austin, texas
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Here for a conference.

If you stay here you'd be advised to have a car do you can go offsite to eat. Food is very very expensive and not great. Massage at spa was excellent.

Rest of the place was just not worth the price unless you're a captive audience (eg at a conference). $15 per day for wifi is outrageous.

Everyone who works here was lovely. The rooms were also nice and well appointed if extremely short on pillows. You will be charged for everything including water at the extensive fitness center. It's huge so bring walking shoes.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank allisonwilcox
Dear Allison,

I was very pleased to see that you were so impressed with the quality of service you received, from your massage to the front office staff. I was disappointed to see there were some aspects of your stay that did not live up to your expectations. I apologize for your first impression of the restaurant food, as the majority of guests rave about the selection and quality of our resort dining. I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed November 1, 2012

I am a corporate event planner and just returned from 3 nights at the Arizona Grand Resort & Spa. I found the property to be first class. A stately, very well kept property with modern amenities both in the sleeping rooms as well as the meeting space. Service was very friendly from top to bottom staff and the food was fantastic. I would recommend this property for both a leisure stay or a business meeting.

Room Tip: The Villa suites, while more expensive are large, comfortable and have very nice views of the proper...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Rick,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent business stay. I am pleased to see that you were impressed with the service you received and the overall appearance of our classic property. I hope that you will choose to bring your event back to Arizona Grand Resort & Spa in the future.

Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We (me, my wife and 3 yr old son) went to enjoy the last weekend of the Oasis water park as it closes for the year at the end of October; yet the weather is still fantastic We are locals and our pool gets to be too cold to use around mid September. We could not have been more pleased. The water park is a blast and when it closed at 4:30 the pool and hot tub near our room were still available. The water temp in the water park was heated to low 80's, about perfect when the air temp is around 90. We plan to return as soon as the Oasis re-opens in February.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Brian S
Dear Brian,

I am very pleased to see that your family had such a great time at Oasis Water Park and in the resort pools. October is a great time to visit if you want to experience the water park, warm weather and escape the summer-break crowds. I look forward welcoming your family back to Arizona Grand Resort & Spa in February.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

Judging by the reviews, late October must be the time to be here as we have experienced no lines. I am sitting poolside as I write this review at noon and out of about 75 lounge chairs around me, only 5 are occupied - when we arrived I was confounded as to why they had so many chairs crammed together all over the pool area! This place has been absolutely delightful over the weekend; however I would not want to be anywhere near this place during the times of year all these chairs are filled! (Honestly, I cant think of any resort I would want to visit during spring Break) Come in October! Also, the food/room service have been great & the complimentary "grab & go" breakfast has been great! .....one more thing to watch out for is the sofa bed. It is literally so uncomfortable that our 10 year old has been crammed in bed with us every night! After the first night, I didn't really believe our daughter and layed down to try it out--after a few seconds I got up and said she could sleep with us for the rest of the trip--thank goodness the main bed is a King and is comfortable!

Overall, we have enjoyed ourselves and the staff has been great!!

• Stayed October 2012
Dear Ellie,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience with fellow travelers. It is wonderful to see that you had such an enjoyable experience! I agree that October is a great time for anyone looking to enjoy Oasis Water Park with the cooler temperatures when the summer break crowds are back in school. I look forward to welcoming your family back for years to come.

Surprise, Arizona, United States
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Wonderful resort with lots of amenities for the entire family. Gorgeous facility. Golf for the adults, water park for the children, nice pool, outdoor fountains and firepits, shopping nearby with shuttle service. Great location with city and mountain views.

Room Tip: Be sure to let your reservationist know what you would like to do during your stay because they are...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Carol,

I am glad to see that you had a wonderful girls night out at the resort and were impressed with our well-cared-for property. I look forward to welcoming you and your friends back to Arizona Grand Resort & Spa.

Amherst, Virginia
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I've participated in conferences at the Arizona Grand 2-3 times a year for each of the last four years and my experiences just keep getting better. We are given suites (called villas at the Grand) in which we stay and conduct series of one on one meetings. The villas are perfect for the purpose. They are spotless and well appointed when we arrive and kept that way throughout the three day events. Most meals are at one or the other of the meal venues onsite; under the stars anytime weather allows. I've never had a bad meal and the service has gone from good to excellent to superior over the years. Every staff member is polite, attentive and knowlegeable, especially the wait-staff at meals. I'm not a golfer, but I know a good course when I see one, and this is one. There is also a waterpark, though I've not had the chance to use it. You are close enough to Sky Harbor Airport for it to be convenient, but not so close as to be noisy. If you are planning an event, check out the Arizona Grand.

Room Tip: The Villas (two person suites with complete kitchens) have the best views.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Kerry,

I am thrilled to see that year over year we have improved the quality of your experience as a guest, as we continue to strive to exceed expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back for your next conference and hope that you have a chance to stay with us for an extended vacation.