“BETTER than EXPECTED”

Ranked #32 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
canton
“BETTER than EXPECTED”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We just returned from 5 days in a fabulous one bedroom villa which overlooked the golf course and waterfall. The place is beautifully decorated with top of the line kitchen appliances. Housekeeping service was one of the best we have encountered in many years of travel. The lobby area is comfortably inviting. We had no problems with the WiFi , which often happens. Would love to return....

Room Tip: Can't speak about the CAMELBACK or SEDONA rooms, but the VILLA is wonderful.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
resortgry, General Manager at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Dear Maggie,

I am very happy to see that you were so impressed with our Villa suites and the quality of service you experienced during your recent vacation. It will be my pleasure to share your glowing comments regarding our housekeeping service with our dedicated team of associates. I look forward to welcoming you back once again on a return visit to Arizona.

Paul Gray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (713)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Wifi is pathetically slow needs significant upgrade. Air conditioning in rooms can not get room below 73 despite running 7 24. Rooms in Somona suite divided in two. Avoid rooms over looking conference centre. Lots of noise from pickups and delivery. No balcony furniture. What is the point. Bathroom sink in bedroom was is not good design. Also desk has no wired Internet Pools in the hotel room complex are bad for sun worshipper since the surrounding buildings block sun an you need to move around a lot. This is certainly neither Four Seasons or Fairmont quality. Room was tidy but not sparkling clean. More like a Holiday Inn with mock higher end services and water park. Better for family rather than business. Service to move between building slow and unreliable. Food average at best.

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank FromToronto2011
Boise, ID
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Lovely weekend in Phoenix. Nicely secluded from the traffic and easily accesisible from the airport. Beautiful suite. Well priced for the property. Dined in restaurant great service and good food. Enjoyed the pools and staff.

Dear DJ,

I am happy to hear that you had such a lovely weekend at our resort and appreciated our secluded location and restaurants. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future for another weekend getaway in Phoenix.

Niagara Falls, NY
Reviewed October 11, 2012

I traveled with the NFL team that I work with which may be the reason for the extra exceptional service. The friendliness of the staff was amazing.
Wireless Internet was spotty. Pools were all around the resort.
If you're coming to play golf, make sure it's available as it was closed to get the grounds ready for busy season during my mid-October stay.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Sedona Suites. Had a totally separate bedroom and living room area. Great if you...
1 Thank ChristyLMT
resortgry, General Manager at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Christy,

I am glad you felt as if our team went above and beyond especially for you, while in fact that is the level of service we strive to deliver to all of our guests! I look forward to sharing your comments with our team regarding the amazing friendliness you experienced as a guest of the resort. I am sorry that your visit was during our reseeding time, which typically occurs in October when Phoenix golf courses close to install winter seasonal grass. I hope to have a chance to welcome you back to our resort so you can experience our award-winning mountainside golf course in the future.

Cincinnati
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My family and I recently stayed at the Arizona Grand Resort. We chose the resort based upon reviews provided by Trip Advisor. We were very disappointed when shown our room as it was very dirty; the carpet was stained, the windows and food bar were filthy, and it smelled like mildew. After complaining, we switched to another room and still found the carpet dirty, the windows filthy with an extra bonus of bugs. The food at the restaurants and water park was ridiculously high and the golf course was in awful condition. We had to go back to the front desk, at least, ten times because our room key wouldn't work. To top it off, they tried to charge us a $45 dollar resort fee versus the $25 we were initially informed of. Our experience was very different from the majority of reviews we read. The favorable reviews must have come from resort employees or individuals happy at a Red Roof Inn. For those who prefer a Hampton Inn, this place may be a 2.5 star. For those truly looking for a quality resort, stay away from this place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
13 Thank WldTraveler_12
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I recently stayed at the Arizona Grand for four nights for a conference.

First and foremost, the staff were exceptional. Groundskeepers said a cheery hello, kitchen and wait staff could not do enough for us. Most importantly, my packages were waiting for me at the conference center when I arrived. At most hotels, I am forced to hunt down packages that are delivered prior to the conference. They also did this at a minimal price. (And all packages were shipped back just as easily using the business center.)

I was given a room in the Sedona suite. The resort is expansive, and I followed a bell hop, who was driving a golf cart, to my room (I had a car). There is plenty of free parking.

The room was nice with a separate living and bedroom area. The king bed was super comfy. The internet was very fast. The room was spotlessly clean and cleaned nicely every day. I also liked the high end shower amenities (especially the Gilchrist & Soames body butter). There is a cash mini bar which I never used. I do wish they had an empty fridge for people who bring their own drinks (but obviosly I understand that mini-bars are big money makers). Two small things about the room: the safe is located on the top shelf in the closet, almost beyond reach for me and I am 5'5"; also, there was a lovely fountain right outside my room, but the chairs on my patio had torn and dirty seat cushions. Quite surprising.

I really appreciate that the fitness center opened during the week at 5:00. I am an early riser, and enjoyed the variety of equipment at the center. Easily, one of the nicest fitness centers that I have ever seen at a resort, with plenty of treadmills, ellipticals, bikes, stair climbers, rowers, and weight equipment (even a basketball court and lap pool). I also got a massage at the spa with Roxanne. There is a lovely waiting patio with a faux stream outside the spa area - very relaxing. Roxanne did an excellent job and was very sweet.

By far, the food at the conference was some of the best I have ever tasted - bone in porkchop for lunch, are you kidding me?? Fabulous.

We had a business dinner at the on-site Rustlers Rooste. You will need to drive or call for a golf cart, because the restaurant is located at the top of a steep hill (dynamite view, though). It was a bit loud for a business dinner (there are bands playing), but the service was good and we loved the magician.

By the way, anytime we called for a golf cart, someone picked us up within one minute. Of course, you should tip the drivers, so keep that in mind if you are on a budget.

We also ate at the on-site Aunt Chilada's. There is a path across the front lawn, so it is an easy stroll. Dinner and service were both very good.

There are several small pools scattered throughout the resort besides the waterpark. There was a pool outside my room, which actually was quite large enough for swimming laps. There was also a lovely built in jacuzzi. There are also water coolers located near the poosl, which is a nice touch. I used the pool/jacuzzi almost every day (even if only for 10 minutes).

I did not realize until check out that a $3 housekeeping gratuity had been automatically added to my bill. I travel every week for work, and had never seen this done before. I always tip housekeeping anyway, so they must have really loved me. I guess I made the housekeeping staff happy, so I can't complain. Just be aware of it.

The hotel is located directly off Baseline Road and there are lots of dining options nearby if you choose to go off resort.

In general, I loved all of the fountains located throughout the hotel grounds (dozens and dozens). I thought the resort was well kept and the landscaping was beautiful. It was an excellent choice for our convention.

2 Thank Nittany&Fargo
Dear Nittany & Fargo,

Wow, what an amazing comparison! Our humble 12 dozen fountains (147 to be exact) had yet to be compared to Rome and we thank you for the outstanding compliments. I am pleased to see that you had such a pleasant and worry-free stay during your recent conference and were so impressed with our well-manicured resort grounds and friendly staff. I know that our management staff will be very happy to share your insightful observations and kudos with their teams. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon to Arizona Grand Resort & Spa.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Overall it was ok. A little dated, the furniture weathered. The grounds were pretty. Food and service were both quality. The resort fee was robbery. I paid 25 per day for a USA today, in room stale coffee and spotty wireless. The resort pool was only open for 5 hours on a Saturday during four day/ three night stay.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Jegoldbe
resortgry, General Manager at Arizona Grand Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Jegoldbe,

Thank you for choosing Arizona Grand Resort & Spa. I am pleased to see that you were impressed with our well-manicured resort grounds and the high-quality food. To clarify, our six resort pools are open daily from 6am to 10pm and are a great alternative while our 7-acre Oasis Water Park is closed. We always encourage our guests to come early on their day of arrival or stay late on their departure day to maximize their time at Oasis Water Park. I hope that I have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.