“Comfortable and Quiet - except for the AC”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore
Ranked #51 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Los Altos, California
“Comfortable and Quiet - except for the AC”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

I'm cautious about atrium hotels, where anyone making noise can disturb everyone. But this one was very quiet. And if other guests are rowdy in the open lobby in the corridors, you can close the door between your sitting room and your bedroom, blocking the noise. The room was clean, spacious, comfortable, and in good condition. The room had a tiny balcony so you could open the door for fresh air in cooler weather. Breakfast (included) was great. My only complaint is that the air conditioning unit was very loud, and the fan had only one speed so there was no way to tone it down without turning it off. And in July, Phoenix is usually too hot to turn off the AC and open the balcony door, even for a die-hard fresh-air nut like me. This was a business trip, and a colleague staying at the same hotel reported the same sleep-disturbing noise level in his room. Too bad, because otherwise it is a great hotel and great value.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
Minnesota
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This was the second time I stayed at this hotel. In general, I like Embassy Suites because of the two room suites, free hot breakfast and manager's reception. My sister and I headed to Phoenix for a short getaway. I picked this hotel for this Phoenix trip because it is right across the street from the Biltmore Fashion Park, which gave us easy access to restaurants and shopping. (We didn't rent a car - used a shuttle service for the airport to and fro.) Our room was quiet, even though we were by the elevator. As I mentioned, I like having separate sleeping areas - although the pull out couch mattress was awful! I eventually moved one of the double mattresses from the bedroom on top of the pull out and that was much better for sleeping. There were plenty of sink areas which helped with two people getting ready at the same time. The shower had good pressure and temperature. The rooms were pretty spacious and we moved the table to give us even more space. The TVs were on the small side. We enjoyed the manager's reception each night and appreciated that the snacks changed up on Sunday. Jeana was a fun bartender, making it her "job" to remember your name. I would like to have a smaller version of the atrium in my home - it would possibly make the Minnesota winters more bearable. Yes, there is something about this hotel that feels dated, but all in all, we had a very nice comfortable stay and would stay there again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Las Cruces, United States
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Was excited about location. Can't get much better. Very poor quality of AC and when you are in Phoenix in July this is imperative. Bfast was good however no one to clean tables so forced to stand eating. Just dated and a bit rundown.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Valarie24, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear Laura R,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am so sorry that you had problems with your stay. We did have some damage to our air conditioning system which caused problems with cooling in the rooms this month. We have completed the repairs and the system is now working properly.

Please let me know if you have an opportunity to return. I would like very much to make amends for the poor experience.
Valarie Miceli
Surprise, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Staying at the Embassy Suite was amazing, great accommodations, pool was clean, the rooms are big, my family of 4 slept comfortable and the complementary breakfast was outstanding. Staff was friendly, professional and made me feel like I was the most important person in front of them. And the price very affordable..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

This place is so cool! Spent a few nights there while getting our daughter situated at GCU. Great rooms, workout room and overall service. Safe neighborhood. A must stay for Phoenix! Ate dinner in restaurant, burned some calories, Starbucks and everything else close by...upscale and worth every penny!

Stayed August 2013
Dear Ivan H,

What a lovely review! You made my day! Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
I am very glad that you had such a great time here. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Valarie Miceli
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Overall a good value in a great location. Reception staff were very friendly upon arrival. Breakfast team was also very friendly. I am staying here now and find it very comfortable. I would stay here again and recommend it. It is nice they have ceiling fans.

Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed here with my mom and baby. Our room was standard Embassy Suites. They had a good breakfast but there is nothing remarkable about the hotel other than it is near the magnificent grounds of the Biltmore hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business