“Ehh, great food but rush-y staff”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore
Ranked #52 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Well I made this reservation on the phone and I informed the man that it was my Fiancee's birthday that weekend and he ASSURED me there would be something special done for him. We arrived at the hotel, first, they couldn't find my reservation because they didn't have my name spelled right, even though I spelled it phonetically for the man on the phone, then once they found it I asked them if the birthday was on there and he said no, this was after the man on the phone and I talked about 3 times and he told me "it will be a surprise, they will do something for you and your fiancee"...nothing! Then I told the staff about this, two men at the front desk, they then assured me they would do something for us...the never did, they didn't even mention it to anyone else. They were friendly but not helpful at all. Then after waiting for them to do something, we just figured they didn't care so we went out and when we came back it was time for reception. It was nice and the snacks were enjoyable :) However the drinks tasted like water, no flavor in any of them :( Bartender was friendly, but she was terrible at making drinks. While we were at reception there was a bum who was asking people for money, including us, he said he was sick, ewww, and then he kept begging, then after he approached a single woman at the table next to us she said she didn't have anything and he then took food right off her plate with dirty hands. After he bugged other people I told one of the managers and he took care of it right away, he was very nice and quick, so that was plus, but what would have been better is if the homeless man never showed up at all! Next would be the pool, it was very dirty, with bugs, dirt and leaves in it. While it did have a good temperature, I think I know why my fiancee and I were the ONLY ones in it. The Jacuzzi was very nice however! It was large and very relaxing. Next would be dinner at the Omaha Steakhouse, lovely staff who were the only ones who seemed to truly care about its guests, maybe because they live off tips or because they really care, either way it was a nice change of pace :) The chicken had good flavor but it was as dry as a paper towel. The mashed potatoes, steak, and asparagus were AMAZING! I think angles sprinkled love on them :) Work on the chicken ;) Then I told the wait staff that it was my fiancee's birthday and they were so excited! They brought him a huge piece of cheesecake, best dessert we have ever had! They cheesecake was incredible, I can't even begin to tell you how many times we will go back to Omaha Steakhouse just for the cheesecake! PERFECT!!! :) Last would be breakfast, also amazing! The food was delicious and the staff was excellent! :) Check out was simple and fast. Overall, would I stay at this particular hotel again, yes, but not for a special occasion because it seems to me that the staff just wants their money and to be rid of their guests, except of course, the wait staff and the cooks, they are amazing and I might just go back for them:) Would I recommend this hotel to a friend, probably not, but if they asked I would tell them the pros and cons :/

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Write a ReviewReviews (1,116)

Reviewed September 2, 2013

The trip was for my daughters 15th birthday during labor day weekend and was overall pleased with the hotel. The room was spacious and provided a bathroom vanity inside the bedroom area in addition to the bathroom area (which worked out perfect if someone was using the bathroom) we had a large seating outdoor patio on the balcony, although we didn't use this it would be nice to use if weather was cooler. they also provide free snacks and drinks from 530pm-730pm which was an additional bonus prior to dinner and to hold us over. the breakfast was cooked and made to order and was pleasantly happy with it they had omelet , sausage, bacon, pancakes, cereal , muffin juice coffee etc. which was more then a bargain and all for FREE! FREE parking and NO RESORT FEE. the swimming pool was also nice and relaxing. its also nearby many activities such as movie theatre and Biltmore fashion park which has restaurants and shopping for enjoyment. I'm happy with the outcome and would stay in embassy suites in the future.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a large family group and took about 7 rooms. The lobby provided very nice area to gather and visit. Breakfast items provided were good but line was very long both days. It did not appear that management was concerned about the length of the line nor bussing the tables. Ran out of milk and staff didn't seem too concerned. The rooms were dated with peeling wallpaper. Numerous dripping/leaking faucets noticed on the property.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Valarie24, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share you concerns about your recent stay. Please accept my apologies for the line at breakfast and for the unacceptable condition of your room. It is our goal to make sure that everything is perfect every time and I am very sorry that we failed to live up to the standard.
I hope that you will give us another opportunity on your next visit to Phoenix to demonstrate the high quality that we are capable of providing. I will be happy to make your reservation personally. I can be reached at 602-553-8179.
Valarie Miceli

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great rooms/suites and service. Breakfast was really good! There for a conference. Met all of my expectations. Will definitely consider stay again. Great shopping next door. Really fun evening cocktail hour with some fun mixed drink specials. Unfortunately we did not get to use the pool but it looked really inviting!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I spent 17 days in this hotel, having to run the faucet for 15 minutes to get warm water - took 3 cool showers and the staff didn't know how to fix the problem. They offered to change my room for a worse musty smelly room. I kept my room and finally got hot water for 4 nights out of 17. The carpet in the room was not very clean. The pool area had dirty towels lying all over the chairs at the end of the day. Not to inviting after a working day. However they did have comfortable bed and pillows and their free breakfast was excellent and fresh. I will not be returning on my next visit.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Valarie24, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Please accept my apologies for the unacceptable lack of hot water for your stay.
It is our goal to make sure that every guest is comfortable for their entire stay and I feel terrible that we let you down. I appreciate your taking the time to speak with us personally so that we can better understand the details of your stay and we can take appropriate action to make sure this doesn't happen again.

I do hope that we will see you again so that we can demonstrate the great service we strive to deliver.

Valarie Miceli

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I came here with my daughter and her friends for her birthday. We got a room with 2 queen beds and a pullout couch so everyone had a bed. The room had 3 separate sinks and mirrors so we could all get ready in a timely manner. The managers meet and greet and breakfast that were included were such a treat. The breakfast was better than going to IHOP with all the choices we got. The front desk staff were incredibly friendly and when I asked for a plate to present the cake I got for my daughter the restaurant was more than happy to let me take one up to the room. We thought there would be a parking fee, but there wasnt...so that was also a nice surprise. And finally...the whole koi pond, bridges and outdoor park feel to the lobby area that makes you think youre in a quaint park outside even though youre inside a hotel...is just fantastic. We loved this hotel and would go back again and again.

Room Tip: If you have a lot of people, get the suite with 2 rooms so you get 3 beds, 2 tvs and 3 sinks/mirrors...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The Embassy Suites Biltmore is so much more that just a hotel. There is no need to get in your car and drive. There a so many restaurants and shops to chose from. We enjoyed the breakfast and happy hour at the hotel each day (a 3 day stay) and were very impressed. Nancy Richards is a real asset to the hotel. She is friendly, informative and what a great personality! I enjoyed her recommendations for places to eat and she loved to hear what we thought about them when we returned. Nancy also let us know we could use the shuttle if we wanted to venture out. Eddie was our driver and he was so nice. Thanks for a great stay! We will be back.

Room Tip: The pool is open till midnight- so don't get your room near it if you want to sleep.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family