“Very nice hotel, big rooms, helpful staff”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore
Ranked #50 of 174 Hotels in Phoenix
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Very nice hotel, big rooms, helpful staff”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

It's a nice place overall, service is polite and quick. Gym area, although small, is functional and clean. WiFi was a bit slow, but fine overall.
I stayed four times in this hotel so far, and would do so again.

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are quieter in the morning.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Valarie24, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to having you back again soon.

Valarie Miceli

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Blind Bay, Canada
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Surprised by having smoking permitted on balconies, left side of pool deck area and hotel has 4 smoking suites that reek of stale smoke as you walk past the door. Stayed at many Hiltons and this is the first disaster smoking policy we came across. No hot water on two mornings and hotel only 50% full. The atrium is lovely but non-smokers stay away from this place. Only 6 balconies have furniture the rest are stepouts.

Room Tip: Non-smaokers request a room as far away from smoking rooms as possible or don't come here at all...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel.
Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you experienced. I appreceiate your feedback as it helps us continue to improve. As a result, we have just installed new smoke filters in our smoking rooms to eliminate the problem with the smoke smell.

I do hope you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to guest service on your next visit to Phoenix.

Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Furnishings are dated.. rug appearance in the hallways was thread-bare and worn. Not enough easy access to outlets in-room or throughout the hotel i.e. conference facility. WiFi is vastly deficient, technical support in the conference area was less than prepared and or skilled sufficiently to deal with simple technical issues. There was always the feeling that when any simple accommodation was requested that it would be "extra". I mean really... extra for a substitute vegetable? Not a real "Hilton-like" experience. No shuttle to the airport?

Room Tip: Anywhere with a view and or close to an elevator
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. I do take your feedback to heart and we will work with our maintenance team to correct the challenges you experienced with internet service. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate our committment to guest service If you return to our area.

Derby, Kansas
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This hotel was hopping with fans in town for the Fiesta Bowl. The good news for the hotel was full booking. The bad news was that meant long lines at breakfast, manager's reception and one morning-no hot water! I was not the only one expressing my displeasure to the manager. The hotel has many good points especially a convenient location with many restaurants and shopping a short walk.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Valarie24, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Phoenix Biltmore, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed our great location and our wonderful staff! Please accept my apologies for the problem with the hot water. We did have a problem with our back up boiler and some of the guests experienced a problem. I know how awful a cold shower is and I am terribly sorry you had to experience one. We did repair the problem and have had no further issues.
I do hope our staff resolved the problem to your satisfaction. If I can be of any additional assistance, please contact me at 602-615-2541. I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you what a great hotel we have on your next visit to Phoenix.

Orlando
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I travel to Phoenix pretty regularly for business and my hotel of choice is this Embassy Suites (for years). As a single female traveler, I always feel safe in this hotel. The rooms are big (bedroom separate from living area) and I love having the fridge and microwave available in the room (I usually stay for a week at a time, so like having my Diet Coke, water and snacks available). Bed is super comfortable. Rooms are very clean. Service is super nice. I love the koi ponds inside and the different "tropical" sitting areas. Overally, a really nice "home away from home" for me (and also centrally located to some great restaurants and shopping).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bluezfan
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor! I am so glad you enjoy our hotel as your "home away from home"! Our staff works hard to make our guests feel special and we love knowing we have made a difference.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and if there is ever anything we can do to make you more comfortable please let us know.

Prescott, Arizona
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Wonderful staff, Fantastic Manager's reception, Awesome complimentary cooked to order breakfast! The rooms were great and the lobby is just beautiful. We had a great stay and will definitely be back soon!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PhoebeH1977
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I really appreciate the great feedback and I am really happy that you had a great time.

Please come back soon!
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here over Xmas and had a ball at this hotel, could not believe how friendly ALL the staff were, especially at the bar, which I will add we got free drinks from between 5.30-7.30, some thing they do. On Xmas night there was only one barmen who was very busy, we had to wait a little bit at one stage for a drink and understanding he gave us a couple of complimentary cocktails! Sums up the place really.. As far as the rooms, they're ok, nothing flashy. Ok location and pretty cool layout as a whole. Only downside was having to pay for wifi and it dropping out all the time! Will definitely stay here next time I'm in Phoenix

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank djlowz
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I am glad you had such a good time! I will share your comments with our staff. Our team works hard to deliver Outstanding guest service and they love to hear about it when guests recognize their efforts.

Please accept my apologies for the challenges you had with wifi. We have recently upgraded our system and that should not have happened. We will use your comments to see if we can locate a problem.

I do hope we will see you again soon!