“Gladiator Rock and Run”

and up
Small-Group Tour: Deluxe Phoenix and Scottsdale Day Trip
Ranked #7 of 231 things to do in Phoenix
More attraction details
Owner description: This, the largest municipal park in the world, is a popular hiking, biking and horseback riding trail area.
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had been wanting to check this park out. I made it down there a couple weeks ago because I participated in the Gladiator Rock and Run. The trail they had us follow over the mountain was a nice one. I had not trained at all and found the path challenging, but not overly hard. I can't wait to go back just for leisure.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

By far my favorite place to hike. The terrain is not terribly difficult which is better for me and my dog to dominate the trails! It's quiet and beautiful here. I love the sundial at the top which points out views to key places like ASU and downtown Phoenix. This park is huge so get a map if you are exploring new trails for the first time.

1  Thank k2queen5
Reviewed October 23, 2012

New to hiking and love this area. Its a bit challenging than north mountain, but try it anyway. the views will be worth it.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

This is the world's largest municipal park. It's bigger than Manhattan. And it's pretty empty. I've not really explored the extensive trail system but I will do that eventually. Usually I come to show visitors the view from the top. The road is curvy and wonderful--go slowly. And because the view is to the north, you get a well lit view of most of the Valley. Great way to impress your guests.

2  Thank mhouse2001
Reviewed October 20, 2012

The view from the top is spectacular. The drive up there is not for the faint of heart! Once there, you will see a view of the entire valley. This should be a must for every first time visitor. It gives you a great perspective of just where you are. You can continue driving to the other side of the mountain and see other cities outside of the valley. A not to miss sight on your first of many visits to the Valley of the Sun.

1  Thank Ohrr