Open today: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM

Book in advance
from
$119.00
per adult
Check availabilityView full product details

Ways to Experience Desert Botanical Garden
from $119.00
from $99.00
from $135.00
9,136 results
All reviews butterfly exhibit chihuly glass quail native plants plant life gift shop special events few hours phoenix area visiting phoenix bring water bloom butterflies desert paths succulents luminaries
Selected filters
Reviewed October 24, 2019 via mobile

We were lucky enough to attend on a community day and while it was very crowded we were still able to enjoy the grounds! There was also an art installation going up and we loved seeing the brightly colored animal statues all over! The grounds are just stunning and laid out very well. We would definitely go back and take our time on each trail. The Butterfly gardens were our favorite!

Reviewed October 24, 2019

Really cool place, worth exploring, saw a lot of interesting unique plants. Would definitely go back there again.

Reviewed October 23, 2019 via mobile

I actually visited in June 2018, however due to travelling all over the world for the last 18 months, I am just in the process of writing all the reviews. The gardens are pretty impressive however they do stink! There’s four trails which vary in length but it’s about 1.5 miles to walk around the full garden. I imagined it would be huge and take 3 hours but it actually only took about 90 minutes to walk around everything and I was walking quite slowly! In addition to the cactuses and other desert plant and trees, there was also a lot of different wildlife which I never expected to find in a desert environment including ground squirrels and cottontail bunnies! Along the trails were little plaques of information which included information about the animals’ survival and habitats. Overall, it was very interesting and a nice way to spend an afternoon.

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed October 22, 2019 via mobile

I was out of town for one night on business when I found this was close to my hotel. I only had about an hour before sunset, but I’m so glad I visited.

It is very beautiful with amazing plants and trees and very educational. I wish I had another 30 minutes or more.

If you get a chance, you should definitely visit.

Reviewed October 21, 2019

Went with the expectation to stay an hour as I knew we would not read every sign on the path. Two hours later, we are walking toward the exit. I will blame that on the butterfly exhibit. The day we visted there were over 3,000 butterflies there. Learned we could use our same day receipt and come back in the evening to see the gardens at night. While it was pretty, I expected more. When leaving I inquired why the lights that are wrapped around the trees were not on. The ticket booth attendandts (3 of them) could not tell me. They said..."we've seen them on in the past." The pathway lights and the spot lights were on and did make for a completely different experience which was nice.