“Don't miss this attraction!”

Desert Botanical Garden
Ranked #2 of 230 things to do in Phoenix
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located in Papago Park, these gardens offer visitors an opportunity to learn about desert flora.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Don't miss this attraction!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My favorite attraction in the greater Phoenix area! Lots of shade and lots to see! Whether you live in an arid climate or not, this is a wonderful place to visit and get ideas for your own property. And great restaurants too.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
331 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 244 helpful votes
“Desert beauty”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This botanical garden concentrates the desert plants making them assessable. The paths lead around several desert environments. There are wildflowers and herb areas. I enjoyed the free tours and learned about the way plants adapt to the desert. This weekend there were a lot of artists. They are going to sell their art in a few weeks. The restaurant is very good.

Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lumineria was Beautiful!”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We visited during the holiday season for the Lumineria, when they light up the garden paths and have live music, etc. It was beautiful! You could still see enough of the plants - even though it was nighttime - to make it a worthwhile trip for plant enthusiasts.

Visited December 2012
Edmonton, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Very Nice”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We used a Groupon over the Christmas holidays to visit the Garden. We didn't know what to expect and were pleasantly surprised at what we found. Only one disappointment and that was that the four seasons display was closed for repairs to the lights because of rain the night before. Everything else about the site was fantastic and we will visit again.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank LUVSASKATCHEWAN
Columbus, Ohio
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 165 helpful votes
“Very Beautiful”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I am an Arizona native but I had not been to the garden's since college in the 90's for a field trip. My cousin was generous enough to get a "culture pass" from the public library. This is an amazing program, if you are a Phoenix resident make sure you check it out. We were able to visit the gardens for free the day we went because of the culture pass.

With that said, I think $18 is outrageous. I really feel like it's a little bit of a price gouge at $18. But I digress.

The gardens are so beautiful and absolutely worth a visit. The signs give you a lot of information and everything is in great shape.

This is an amazing place to take out of town guests. I want to bring hubby when we visit in July but I was really hoping they had a 6AM opening time due to the heat......maybe I'll put that in the suggestion box!

2 Thank Columbus9