“A gentle walk in the desert.”

Desert Botanical Garden
Ranked #2 of 234 things to do in Phoenix
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located in Papago Park, these gardens offer visitors an opportunity to learn about desert flora.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I must say this is a beautiful place to spend an afternoon. Even in January it is beautiful. We stopped for snacks at the outdoor cafe. Very relaxing. Also loved the gift shop. They had so many interesting gifts . I forgot to mention the sculptures. I would definitely go back on my next trip to Phoenix.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,914)

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Well maintained; helpful docents. I had a nice salad for lunch at the outdoor cafe; strawberry salad with chicken.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I visited the Garden a week after Phoenix experienced below-freezing temperatures. The plants had obviously suffered, but there was still plenty to see and do. I enjoyed the way it was divided into sections, featuring different aspects of desert plant and animal life. It was easy to do a self-guided tour, at your own pace. I would recommend it.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I am glad we made a point to include this stop. CALL AHEAD FOR TIMES and make the time to take the short (less than an hour) tour and learn about the wonderful world of the Desert Botanical Gardens. There is so much beauty to behold!

We ate lunch at the small outdoor cafe and we impressed at the speed at which we were served and the quality of the food. Stop, relax, and enjoy while you are there if you are lucky enough to be visiting on a temperate day.

1  Thank Justmemela
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is a beautiful garden..our docent was very knowledgeable...the four season sculptures were magnificent..who knew there were so many beautiful cacti..good birdwatching too

1  Thank zelda1947