“It was neat.”

Desert Botanical Garden
Ranked #2 of 233 things to do in Phoenix
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Located in Papago Park, these gardens offer visitors an opportunity to learn about desert flora.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

I wasn't real set on going here even though it's ranked 3rd, but my husband chose this when given options on what to do. I learned some things and there were some great landscape photo opportunities with the Saguaro (sp?) cacti. My husband was free due to being active military, so that was a bonus. If it weren't for that, I'm not sure it'd pay to see again.

At one point, though, I saw 7 bunnies at once which my toddler loved, as did I. I also went during November, though, when the flowers weren't in bloom. So spring time probably would have been better. There is a lot to see, but it's kinda all the same.

This may be just worth a one time visit, but if you do go, go in the spring or summer.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

It was what we expected, nothing super just normal Botanical garden stuff and a way to waste away an afternoon showing out of towners the area plants

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I took"my New York visitors to see the Gardens one Sunny October morning and we had the most knowledgeble tour guide. He made the Desert come alive for us and oh my gosh I learned so much that I want to go back and do the tour again and this time take notes. I really encourage everyone visitors to Arizona and locals to come see the gardens.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The Phoenix DBG explodes in desert blooms in the early spring (March - April) and has special displays of butterflies in Spring and Fall. It contains an exceptional display of native desert plant life as well as visiting wild animals (birds, rabbits, lizards, etc). They have a wonderful Spring and Fall Plant sale, where you can purchase shrubs, trees and cactus that survive well in AZ. Great place to go in temperate weather for a walk and to enjoy nature.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

No matter when you visit Phoenix, you must stop here. If you visit while cactus are in bloom all the better. You will learn much about flora and fauna of the region. It is a pleasant walk through the trails!