“in the wrong location”

Golden Buddha
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Camelback East
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I read the reviews about this restaurant but decided to try it out any way since it is located in the Chinese Cultural Center. My assumption was that if it can locate in the center the foods must be good. When we walked in to the lobby we were surprised to see how large the place is. As soon as we sat down a dim sum carte came by but soon I realized there were only 2 carts, one with steam dishes and the other was for deserts. We decided to try HarKwang and Sui Mai and they were OK. The lunch menu is a combinations of main dish, fried rice, soup and egg roll. The hot and sour soup was good and that was the extend of good item.
From there it just went down hill. The service was slow and unattentive. Emptied containers we left on table. The only item that was fast and attentive was our check..I should have listen to the previous reviews.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

On a recent visit to Phoenix, my husband and I enjoyed a Great meal at the Golden Buddha, located in the Chinese Cultural Center in Phoenix Scottsdale area. Reasonably Priced, Fresh and perfectly prepared. You will not be disappointed with this restaurant.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

I guess coming from Southern California area with plenty of authentic chinese food around, this Golden Buddha restaurant was decent in taste. Can't complain much and the manager was very friendly to us and waited for us, will definitely come back.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

This restaurant in the Chinese Cultural Center office building was across the street from my hotel and very welcoming to a solo business traveler looking for a quiet dinner. They had a live piano player, so I enjoyed a tasty plate of shrimp and vegetables while listening to show tunes from the Sound of Music. My only suggestion would be to have some combination plates on the menu because ordering a la carte for one person can be a bit limiting and pricey. Worth a visit.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

This is the first time I had dim sum and I loved it! Our friends paid so I don't know how much it cost. They go there frequently so they did all the ordering. I can't wait to go back.