WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Maizie's Cafe & Bistro - CLOSED

Maizie's Cafe & Bistro
Cuisines: Italian, American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Phoenix, Arizona
“A hidden gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Excellent food and service , with special offers on Mondays. Worth a visit as so central. It would
have had an extra point but for the poor parking.

• Visited April 2013

Phoenix, AZ
“Local gem!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I love to support local businesses whenever I can and Maizie's is certainly one that has earned the support of many locals. Why? Because it's darned good! They always have new lunch & dinner specials, in addition to their varied menu, so making a decision was challenging! It happened to be a chilly & blustery day when we popped in here for lunch, so it wasn’t very crowded. Our waitress was very friendly and gave us ample time to look over the menu.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Sonoran Chicken sandwich and devoured the best sweet potato fries I’ve every had! My friend opted for a soup & sandwich combo. She loved the Chicken Salad sandwich and said the soup (something with potatoes) hit the spot on such a cold day.

Although we both cleaned our plates and should’ve left it at that, we just couldn’t NOT get the Chocolate Bomb. Ooey & gooey with a chewy brownie and 2 huge scoops of ice cream (vanilla & chocolate). This will take a lot of hours at the gym to negate!! But, it was delicious!

I am anxious to go back for dinner and happy hour!

• Visited March 2013
phoenix
“Really liked..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Their inside out burger was fabulous and so were the salads... parking not too great. Come during a slow period and you can park closer.

Visited October 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Fun place-awesome burger”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

We enjoyed an evening here and had a great burger for $5.00, I think it is every Monday night. We sat outside and really enjoyed the evening. Service was great and fun atmosphere, very relaxed. I think you will enjoy the place.

Visited February 2013
Phoenix AZ
“Horendous service but tried to make it right.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

The day after my daughter's wedding we had family in town from Boston MA. One of them is the manager of the most sought after Sushi restaurant on the East Coast. Rated #1 for five years. Going to a chain was not going to cut it so my husband suggested Maizie's. He's been there before but I had not. Being we are previous restaurant owners ourselves we like to go to private owners when we can. We all sort of passed and shared many items. Our party all agreed that the single best item on the menu was the sweet potato fries. Hmmm...personally I don't think any type of fry should be the height of your menu. I had the white bean chili (beans turn red from the spices so don't expect them to actually be white). It was good but enough heat on it it was a tad hard to really taste anything else. The tortilla chips they serve with it are mediocore at best and are WAY too thick. I also shared a burger with my son. They do the toppings on the inside which is a good idea but it was so dry and overcooked and with the chibatta bun it was not able to be eaten for either of us. On to the excuse. We waited for way over an hour and a half. Four different people (including probably the owner, older gentleman) who came and appologized for the wait but said the kitchen was way understaffed and they were slammed. The interesting thing was by the time we got our food there wasn't hardly anyone left in the restaurant. They tried to make it right by giving us 20% off but by that time, as a previous owner I would have comped the whole bill.

• Visited December 2012