Arizona Horses (Ponderosa Stables and South Mountain Stables)
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We had an amazing ride. The views were amazing and the horses where well behaved and fun to ride. I would certainly recommend this to anyone!

1  Thank jennbond1975

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We did the T-Bone ride. The staff at the stables was great. Very friendly, polite and made our adventure enjoyable. The horses are well cared for, and many have a story...ask about them. We enjoyed riding out for diner, seeing the sights and then coming back after dark was great... Beautiful views.

We did have an issue at the restaurant...my husband ordered a steak, medium and I order steak and chicken. Meals come with a salad bar, beans and bread. My husband, not being much for salad, didn't have any, which was fine-his choice. It then took 45 minutes for our food to come...and it wasn't overly busy. When the food came, my husband's steak was very rare! Ok...happens, they took it back to recook and returned it....Not much different...still rare. By this time, I was done, and my husband had some of my food, and we didn't want to hold back and of the others, so we decided to not wait for the steak to be cooked a third time. The manager came out, and tried to be insistent on us taking the steak, but then did take it off our check, but charged my husband for the salad bar...which he never ate. At this point, we let it go, but not impressed with the restaurant...

Wish I could rate the stables and restaurant separate.... Would give the stables a 5 and the restaurant a 3... Why we landed on 4 overall

1  Thank KellieTU
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Took my wife on the sunset ride with dinner. We had a fabulous time. The views of the valley were breathtaking and the desert was beautiful. Excellent western style dinner. And the ride back at dark was amazing, Thoroughly enjoyed our experience.

1  Thank Jason B
Reviewed August 16, 2013

If you want an authentic trail riding experience, then Ponderosa Stables is the place for you! The terrain was fairly rugged in places which keeps the ride interesting. A very inexperienced rider may be intimidated at first by the terrain, but trust me the horses know what they are doing. We did the 4 hr T-Bone steakhouse ride. Dinner was very good and if I am ever in the area again Ponderosa Stables is a must! Riding back to the stables is the dark was such a relaxing experience. The pricing is extremely reasonable which makes this something that you could do quite often if you live locally. The 4 hr T-bone ride for 2 people was $90 and 2 steaks at T-bones was $60 including tip and tax. I am sadden by the fact that I live so far away in North Carolina because this would be a great date night activity. The scenery is beautiful and you might even catch a glimpse of coyote roaming around!

2  Thank MandyRappe
Reviewed August 10, 2013

A guided ride on trails through canyons with spectacular views of the mountains. You get the feeling you are in an "old western" movie. Our 19 and 20 year old city slicker granddaughters from Seattle loved it. They talked it up so much when they went home that on their last visit they brought friends with them and made a beeline back to the stables.

1  Thank GoodyearAZ

Travelers who viewed Arizona Horses (Ponderosa Stables and South Mountain Stables) also viewed

Phoenix, Central Arizona
Phoenix, Central Arizona

Been to Arizona Horses (Ponderosa Stables and South Mountain Stables)? Share your experiences!