“Great Atmosphere”

Ranked #8 of 288 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I've been visiting this establishment for some time and I have never had a "bad" experience here. Of course if you go to the same place over and over, you will eventually come across an employee who is having a bad day or food that wasn't exactly what you wanted, but at this Roadhouse location, those instances are rare in my experiences.

I went there for an early dinner last Monday. I sat at the bar and had a Grilled Chicken Salad and a beer. The food was good. The prices were a little high (not that surprising for a steakhouse) and the staff was friendly as always. It was pretty quiet, although this particular location can and does get pretty loud on its busier days.

(SIDE BAR: I do see a couple people who write about the bothersome noise level here. It is a southwestern / boot scootin' type of steakhouse. Nobody is expecting a quiet dinner away from the kids here. In my opinion, the noise is part of the atmosphere of the establishment.)

Anyway, I recommend eating here. Good stuff.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This restaurant caters to families complete with birthday songs and balloons. It was very loud and it was very crowded. But our server did a good job getting our meals to us. We tend towards a more "upscale" steak house than this, so we probably won't be back. There is a very limited wine selection. But, the prime rib was tasty and tender and the horse-radish sauce was really good. Very very reasonably priced. 4 people with tip for $125.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

we've eaten at several Roadhouses and this one was very well run. It was busy, but the wait was not bad at all. One of our party was in a wheelchair. When we were seated a chair had already been removed so there was room and not a lot of last second furniture shuffle. The food was good as usual, we received it quickly (and hot). Service was very good. Even though it was busy-the manager still managed to stop by and ask how everything was. She also very smoothly dealt with a demanding patron. We will comoe back next time we are in town.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We came here when they were really busy. We waited 25 minutes for a table. Our table was clean and our drink order was taken right away. Our waiter was friendly and attentive giving our drinks and sampler right away. Our food order took a little time which is to be expected, but when the food came everything was right. Our steaks were right. Our order was right. Enjoyed our time their and will come back--even if they are busy.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

My wife and I go here to have the two chop dinner which just happens to fit into our new diet plan. We have them keep all the potatoes and bread and double up on the veggies. Chops will dang near melt in your mouth. Servers are always great. Little busy, but if you avoid rush hour service is very good. Food prices seem very reasonable. Worth the trip......