“Ribeye & Shrimp @Firebirds”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 285 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located across from the Peoria Sports Complex and Harkins Theatre at the intersection of South of Bell Rd on 83rd Avenue. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour every Monday thru Friday 4PM - 7PM and Saturday & Sunday 11AM-5PM in the FIREBAR(R) and on the Patio. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We've been wanting to experience Firebirds for some time and we finally had the chance this past evening! Stephanie enjoy the Coconut Shrimp dinner while I stuck to my carnivore craving for a fire grilled Ribeye. we had been seated nearest to the kitchen area and observed some lingering of staff obviously waiting for readied meals to deliver to patrons 9including us). At one point 6 staff and what appeared to e managers stood here (4 - 5 feet away from our table) jabbering and not appearing to be very productive in any capacity, we both found this to be a distraction - so next time seating will be requested away from that staff staging area.

We did find the staff very professional and on top of all our needs and very prompt. As is evident by our host, Jamie did her job to upsell us with pre & post meal favorites, we obliged with the Ranch Rings and loved this for a starter. We both loved our meals with and the taste of my Steak was exquisite! Steph loved her Coconut Shrimp, however the sauce was not what she hoped for- guess the Blue Shrimp restaurant in Puerto Vallarta set a high bar for her taste buds!

Overall great place food & experience. Before we left I mentioned to Steph that we will be back to take in more of the Firebirds menu form this destination. We will mention that the pricing is on the higher end, that though is a value in our minds when the entire experience and food are fully appreciated. Dine on!

1  Thank Kevin B

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

I was pretty happy with the food, I ordered the prime rib and it was excellent. Service was great, I like to see the manager dressing the plates and checking the quality coming off the line. The manager also made his rounds and stopped at every table to check on the customers. Very nice atmosphere. This place will even disclose the recipie for dishes on the menu. I recommend this place for dinner with family, friends, or clients.

1  Thank ranger0793
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Ordered prime, grilled shrimp and filet ("Pittsburg") - excellent taste and preparation, at reasonable pricing. Sat in bar area (bit noisy, but sports TVs) due to wait for main dining area - yes, a busy place on Saturday early evening. Server attentive to our requests.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

I like this place. It has a nice atmosphere, the food is almost always great and the service is very good.
This time my wife and I went there for a relaxing Saturday night dinner. We had made reservations by calling ahead, but when the email confirmation came in on the day of the reservation it stated an earlier time. I was not sure we could make that, so I called to re-confirm and was told they could do 45 minutes earlier or 45 minutes later than our chosen time. I took the 30 minutes later.
We got there and we were seated almost immediately. The dining room was very warm. It had a nice wood smell, but just a bit too warm for my comfort.
We had a nice server who suggested a wine for my wife. The wine was good, but not great.
I had a ribeye medium rare and a loaded baked potato with the BLT salad. All was very good.
My wife had the BLT salad and a fillet. The food seemed to arrive on top of each other. We were 3/4 into the salads when the steaks arrived.
The service was prompt, but seemed a bit rushed.
Would certainly go again, but tell them not to rush the courses.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Love this restaurant. Nice atmosphere, good service and consistently good food. We have never been disappointed. Love the Coconut Shrimp, great steaks & the potatoes are amazing. I recently went for lunch which was also great.