“Good food & margaritas”

Top Shelf Mexican Food & Cantina
Ranked #125 of 291 Restaurants in Peoria
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: There's a Top Shelf Mexican Food and Cantina in Phoenix and Peoria, Arizona. Both of our family friendly restaurants and cantinas offer the best Mexican food around. Our atmosphere is warm and inviting, so you and your family can make yourself at home. We have a lot of fun here, and we have over thirty years of tradition wrapped up in delivering what we believe is the best Mexican food in the Valley.
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I have eaten here many times with my husband. Good Mexican dishes, good service & reasonable prices.

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Few Chimmichangas are done well. This was deep fried topped with a green sauce. It was more than I could eat and took some home. The restaurant was busy and the service was about normal for being busy. Friendly waitress and will go back again

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Myself and a group of 5 friends decided to have dinner here one night on our quick trip to Arizona. I count calories and usually dining out and vacations are slightly difficult but I was probably more impressed with the reduced calorie menu at this restaurant than any other. I typically avoid Mexican restaurants in the US because so many smother everything in cheese and you never know how many calories you are eating. Not only was there an abundance of options on the menu for me but the chicken tostada I ordered was excellent. It was covered with fresh veggies and moist chicken. I would order that over any of the regular menu items. My husband who usually has a very large appetite got the 2 taco and enchilada meal and could only finish his 2 tacos. The servings were huge. I think everyone else enjoyed their meals as much as we did. The outdoor seating area was nice and I would definitely eat there again. The service was wonderful as well and even with 4 different bills, everything was correct. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

The food is nothing to write home about but it passes. The service is excellent. We eat there every couple of weeks because the service is good, prices are good and it is close to home. I do wish the female bartenders would cover up a bit. Last time we were in a 9 or 10 year old boy was sitting at the table next to us. All he did was stare at the bartender. I think a requirement for being a bartender there is breast enhancement surgery.

Reviewed March 22, 2009

Talk about bad food, the fish tacos were so bad I could not finish one and the guacamole was worse. Stick to the chips and salsa. Service wasn't bad, though the bar tender looked as though she she be in a strip club not in west Peoria..I would say maybe go to the bar but avoid the food as there are two much better mexican joints within a mile.