“Not a fabulous hotel, but fabulous for the price!”

Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Including tax and everything, our total was $73 for a weekend. BARGAIN!

The cons: bring your own shampoo, they give you enough coffee for 1 tiny pot per day, if you want more it is $1 extra per pack. Ketchup sized package of dish soap really doesn't make enough suds to wash dishes properly - which is gross to think about. There was very loud music next door on our first night. I complained and they took care of it immediately. There is an odor of raw sewage or something just as you walk in the lobby door. It was there the entire time. I didn't smell it anywhere else in the building. We needed to do a load of clothes, but the laundry soap dispenser was out of order. Wished they had a pool.

Okay, now for the good. LOVED having a full size refrigerator with freezer, microwave, coffee pot, windows that acutally open. Location was close to everything. Comfortable bed. I would have no problem whatsoever staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with your fully equipped kitchen, our location and your comfortable bed. Still, I apologize for the issues you had with the lack of supplies in your room and the unpleasant smell in our lobby. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to make sure these issues are properly addressed. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Online map services will show you that this Extended Stay is in walking distance of good places to shop, eat, and drink on either side of Bell Road. I'm neither a big eater nor a heavy drinker, but appreciate quality in both, and, more importantly, never drink and drive. Like exercise? The south perimeter of this property adjoins the Skunk Creek Trail. Don't be put off by that name. It is a pleasant creek bed with walking/biking paths on either side, and a cautionary sign, "Do not cross when flooded". Well, OK.

Extended Stay kitchenettes are predictable from one location to the next. Cleanliness and comfort are good, but not perfect. In this instance, the top of the refrigerator could have been cleaner, but I imagined a housekeeper, short of stature and short of time, setting priorities. Everything else was fine.

The housekeeper did me a big favor. I absentmindedly left two drawers full of new socks and underwear (mostly from a nearby discount clothier) when I moved from this hotel to another elsewhere in the valley. By phone, Roger at the front desk assured me that my things had been gathered up and turned in. Tried to tip Roger when I came back to collect, but he insisted this was just part of the job and he would accept no money. For the record, I routinely leave decent housekeeping gratuities in the room.

The "Grab-and-Go" breakfast is sometimes reviewed unfavorably for being little more than coffee, granola bars, fruit, and plastic-wrapped muffins, but the rooms are kitchenettes! So if you are like me, you will bring and/or buy the foods and beverages you like. If in-room coffee isn't good enough, the "Grab-and-Go" has not one, but two coffees to choose from, fresh and hot every morning. Enjoy.

Room Tip: I got a great deal through Hotwire, but ended up with a smoking room because the hotel was fully boo...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Again, thank you for the comments. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

The reason I chose this hotel was based primarily on price, with the second variable being location. Hotels in Phoenix are very expensive during Spring Training and the rate for ESA provided us a low cost alternative. Their website had the best rate and was easy navigate. The location 1 mile away from the Peoria ballpark was ideal. The front desk staff was absolutely wonderful during our entire stay. Lovely women. The big drawback was the smell of smoke in the room, but I knew this when I made my reservation. They provide Febreeze to help deal with the smell, and quite frankly, given the nature of our the trip we were in the room to grab quick meals and to sleep. The kitchen area was a big plus and allowed my son and I to save money on food. Based on the rate we paid, I felt the grab and go breakfast was more than adequate, and quite frankly the coffee was pretty good! There are certainly better and more expensive hotels to stay in, but I feel this property was a pretty good value and I plan on staying there again next Spring.

Room Tip: Just make sure you know what you are getting when you make your reservation.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Sacco V
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. I’m glad that we were able to provide you with a room in a great location at an affordable rate. As well, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed our staff, your fully equipped kitchen and our grab-and-go breakfast. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Still, I apologize that your room smelled like smoke during your visit. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to ensure this issue is properly addressed. Thank you again for sharing your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed one night, with the intention of staying 2 weeks. The room was OK, clean, tiny kitchen that I think I would have trouble cooking anything in that didn't smell for days. There was no patio door just two windows that you could open for ventilation, but the traffic noise was too loud to do this. Inside the room the fridge was very noisy when the motor came on and off, so we had to unplug it at 11pm and plug it back in the next morning. WiFi was spotty and the grab and go breakfast was pitiful. The rates were over $100.00 plus taxes and we didn't feel the value was there for us.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robin C
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize for the level of cleanliness in your room and am working with our entire staff to improve our cleaning procedures so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Also, I’m sorry that you experienced noise disturbances and maintenance issues during your stay. I will meet with our entire staff to review our maintenance policies and guest protocol so that your experience is not repeated. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at pxp@extendedstay.com.

Again, thanks for your comments. We do hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

Great location and served its purpose for my fiance and I while attending a friend's wedding in the area.

-Beds were uncomfortable
-Queen beds as an option instead of a King.
-Customer service/front desk was nice/kind
-Bring your own pillows.
-Wi-fi was decent

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel C
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m glad to hear that you were pleased with our friendly staff and convenient location. Still, it upsets me to learn that our bedding options at our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

It' hotel good only for short stay. Clear, enough comfortable good service.
But for long stay I suggest to choose something else. Awful break fast: a cake and a cope coffee plus something like chips with water.
Slow wi-fi. My smartphone works with it very well, but laptop couldn't connect. Wi-fi was switched off for me in one day before check out :(
Conditioner is too noisy. I have to switch it off for night.
There is no pool.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank AndreyGe
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that our grab-and-go breakfast and free Wi-Fi did not meet your expectations. As well, I apologize that your air conditioner was too loud. Your feedback will be helpful as we continue to improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at pxp@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

The staff were great, they we doing what the were told by management. Management is the problem. First, We stayed for a week to sell one of my cars at the Barrett Jackson auction.The refrigerator door was backwards,it opened across the sink instead of the wall.Very inconvenient.no clock. When I asked for a wake up call they said the could not do it. we had to go to the office to get towels and new sheets and make our own beds.There was no room service.We had to leave our food that we were going to cook because there were no cooking pans to cook on. I could go on and on .But Do Not Ever Stay Here .Doug Smith

Room Tip: Do not go there
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Doug S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Doug - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that our housekeeping policy and your fully equipped kitchen did not meet your travel needs. Your feedback will be very useful as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pxp@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
Comfort Suites Peoria Sports Complex
WoodSpring Suites Phoenix Peoria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix West Peoria
Cibola Vista
Cibola Vista
#3 of 9 in Peoria
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Peoria
Thunderbird Executive Inn & Conference Center

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria? Share your experiences!