“Convienent area - watch where you park!”

Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Peoria
Reviewed October 4, 2013

THE GOOD: Mostly a nice area with many restaurants/shopping options nearby. Running/biking trail nearby for working out. Great price. Fresh coffee in the morning. Staff is very friendly and professional - made the stay pleasant. No bugs.

THE BAD: Do NOT park in the rear parking lot near the riverbed. My truck was broken into, and and someone else's was broken into a few weeks prior. The Peoria police told me transients use the riverbed for travel, and will come up an "smash and grab" whenever they get an opportunity. There are NO cameras monitoring the parking lot. Internet is free, but extremely slow - I even pay extra for the "high speed" access and it did not matter during peak hours (waste of money).

Room Tip: Don't park near the riverbed unless you like replacing car windows.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve K
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Steve K - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear about the problems during your stay at our hotel. We do try to make everyone's stay feel as if they are at a "home away from home". We do appreciate you letting us know of the problems with your car so we are able to address them. Still, I am pleased to hear that you found our rates affordable and our locations ideal for your stay.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we can continually improve our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the area around our hotel. I am also pleased to hear the staff was helpful and friendly. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The staff is extremely room. Room was flithy. Addressed several issues with assitant manager. Promised call back. Never done. I usually stay at Extended Stay and love it. Due to this experience I will never stay at ESA properties

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank AndreaRH
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The floors are paper thin, so you hear everything upstairs. Pets are surrounded outside by oleanders (toxic to pets and prickly plants) my dog suffered a scratch cornea. Water was turned off for a repair upstairs, then had no water in sink that night and had to wash dishes in the bathroom sink. They do nothing about people with "chatty" dogs that seem to bark all day long.

Room Tip: Try any other place than these hotels. Spend the money and go to a Marriott.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Frank A
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Frank - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize about the issues with the outdoor landscaping. I am going to make sure routine checks are performed around our hotel to ensure that our guests with pets are not affected by the foliage in the future. Also, I am sorry that the water was turned off for a repair to be made. Fortunately, this was an isolated issue and it is now fixed.

We continually work to improve our hotel, So I really appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. I invite you to contact me at pxp2@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

The other posts extolling the virtues of this place are fine......but keep in mind that this is an extended stay place. There are folks here that are "living" here maybe due to a relocation, house remodel, or something else.
Well, just my luck that one of those folks is living right above me and he/she apparently doesn't sleep at night! The noisy floor and footsteps has been incessant.
You figure what's the big deal.... Just go up and tell them or get a remedy from the desk....right.
Being confrontational with a guest at 4:00 am is never a good ideas so I went to the desk.....TWICE.
Shirley, the graveyard shift desk staff, was really no help. She DID go up to the room to see if there was a party or something (there wasn't) but after hours of continued noise I wonder if she really did. On both visits she was definitely NOT sympathetic to a guest showing up at the window with a very exasperated look. Never offered once to leave a note for the AM crew regarding a room change or some sort of remedy as we are here one more night. When I inquired about an actual room change she just snapped back that she can't do that, the morning folks could. Fair enough...... Let's see if they can......

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank drill-n-fill
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

I appreciate your taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that my night attendant failed to take care of the problem at the time it occurred. Please accept my apology and in response to your feedback, I am going to make sure all my staff is trained in the proper procedure of handling noise and guest complaints.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at pxp@extendedstay.com.

Thank you for your feedback and I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotel location in the future.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a great hotel if you need a place to sleep and shower. Almost zero amenities (no pool, no gym, no business center).

Although no business center, the desk staff is more than happy to help with faxes, copies, paperclips, etc. Housekeeping is once a week which is adequate. Having the kitchenette is a nice feature if you want a late night snack or light meal. You're not going to cook a 4 course dinner but you can manage a decent meal.

Hotel and grounds are well kept and staff doesn't allow guests to disturb each other. They are not afraid to call local law enforcement if a situation arises with an uncooperative guest.

I will definitely stay here my next extended trip to Phoenix and will recommend my co-workers do also.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RYoung81
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay . One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff takes pride in creating a memorable , exceptional "Home away from Home" for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we delivered you the value and experience you expect.

Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team .We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have stayed at this location several times. Each time I have been treated well. The manager is especially considerate and accommodating. The property is clean and there is plenty of parking. The location is near restaurants, shopping and the freeway. I plan on referring anyone who is looking for a play to stay, to this particular Extended Stay America location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and our location. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Please know that we would be trilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs. Thanks you again for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

If you have to stay for a longer time and don´t need to eat in a hotel you have a good place to sleep. The hotel and the rooms are clean. It´s in the neighborhood of Glendale and has nice restaurants nearby. On a walking distance there is a great shopping center. Parking with a car is not a problem.

Room Tip: Up stars are quieter
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you found location to be convenient, within a nice neighborhood with a lot of different restaurants. As well, that you found your room to be clean and comfortable.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
Comfort Suites Peoria Sports Complex
WoodSpring Suites Phoenix Peoria
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix West Peoria
Cibola Vista
Cibola Vista
#3 of 9 in Peoria
Thunderbird Executive Inn & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria? Share your experiences!