“Do Not Stay Here”

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Peoria
Surprise, Arizona
“Do Not Stay Here”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

The floors are paper thin, so you hear everything upstairs. Pets are surrounded outside by oleanders (toxic to pets and prickly plants) my dog suffered a scratch cornea. Water was turned off for a repair upstairs, then had no water in sink that night and had to wash dishes in the bathroom sink. They do nothing about people with "chatty" dogs that seem to bark all day long.

Room Tip: Try any other place than these hotels. Spend the money and go to a Marriott.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Frank A
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Frank - I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize about the issues with the outdoor landscaping. I am going to make sure routine checks are performed around our hotel to ensure that our guests with pets are not affected by the foliage in the future. Also, I am sorry that the water was turned off for a repair to be made. Fortunately, this was an isolated issue and it is now fixed.

We continually work to improve our hotel, So I really appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention. I invite you to contact me at pxp2@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

The other posts extolling the virtues of this place are fine......but keep in mind that this is an extended stay place. There are folks here that are "living" here maybe due to a relocation, house remodel, or something else.
Well, just my luck that one of those folks is living right above me and he/she apparently doesn't sleep at night! The noisy floor and footsteps has been incessant.
You figure what's the big deal.... Just go up and tell them or get a remedy from the desk....right.
Being confrontational with a guest at 4:00 am is never a good ideas so I went to the desk.....TWICE.
Shirley, the graveyard shift desk staff, was really no help. She DID go up to the room to see if there was a party or something (there wasn't) but after hours of continued noise I wonder if she really did. On both visits she was definitely NOT sympathetic to a guest showing up at the window with a very exasperated look. Never offered once to leave a note for the AM crew regarding a room change or some sort of remedy as we are here one more night. When I inquired about an actual room change she just snapped back that she can't do that, the morning folks could. Fair enough...... Let's see if they can......

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank drill-n-fill
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
I appreciate your taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am so disappointed that my night attendant failed to take care of the problem at the time it occurred. Please accept my apology and in response to your feedback, I am going to make sure all my staff is trained in the proper procedure of handling noise and guest complaints.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at pxp@extendedstay.com.

Thank you for your feedback and I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotel location in the future.
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a great hotel if you need a place to sleep and shower. Almost zero amenities (no pool, no gym, no business center).

Although no business center, the desk staff is more than happy to help with faxes, copies, paperclips, etc. Housekeeping is once a week which is adequate. Having the kitchenette is a nice feature if you want a late night snack or light meal. You're not going to cook a 4 course dinner but you can manage a decent meal.

Hotel and grounds are well kept and staff doesn't allow guests to disturb each other. They are not afraid to call local law enforcement if a situation arises with an uncooperative guest.

I will definitely stay here my next extended trip to Phoenix and will recommend my co-workers do also.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RYoung81
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay . One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff takes pride in creating a memorable , exceptional "Home away from Home" for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we delivered you the value and experience you expect.

Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team .We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Peoria, Arizona
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have stayed at this location several times. Each time I have been treated well. The manager is especially considerate and accommodating. The property is clean and there is plenty of parking. The location is near restaurants, shopping and the freeway. I plan on referring anyone who is looking for a play to stay, to this particular Extended Stay America location.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your room and our location. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Please know that we would be trilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs. Thanks you again for sharing your experience with us.
Le Cannet-des-Maures, France
Reviewed May 13, 2013

If you have to stay for a longer time and don´t need to eat in a hotel you have a good place to sleep. The hotel and the rooms are clean. It´s in the neighborhood of Glendale and has nice restaurants nearby. On a walking distance there is a great shopping center. Parking with a car is not a problem.

Room Tip: Up stars are quieter
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you found location to be convenient, within a nice neighborhood with a lot of different restaurants. As well, that you found your room to be clean and comfortable.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Kingman, Arizona
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria was the nicest motel of the Extended Stay America motels. The rooms were larger you weren't running into each other. Beds were very comfortable. It was very quiet there, it really felt like we were at home in the bedroom watching TV. The kitchenette was equipped with everything needed to cook a meal while you were there. There was also a microwave. Staff was very friendly. Couldn't ask for anything more for the price we paid $29.00 for the night.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Non smoking room which was nice to not have to breath or smell the smoke from smoke...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff was friendly and you were able to enjoy the accommodations the hotel has to offer. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Nothing to do at this place. If you are staying for a while its nice to live in but not for vacations. No pool, tennis, hot tub, nothing!! Staff is very friendly but the corp could give them more to work with!!!

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I am very glad to hear that you found our staff to be friendly. Even though we do not offer a pool or tennis courts, we are a great place to stay for both long and short term stays.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
Comfort Suites Peoria Sports Complex
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix West Peoria
Hampton Inn Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria
SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Cibola Vista
Cibola Vista
#2 of 9 in Peoria

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria? Share your experiences!