“Great accommodation near Spring Training Ballparks (Peoria Sports Complex)”

Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Peoria
South Surrey, British Columbia
“Great accommodation near Spring Training Ballparks (Peoria Sports Complex)”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Hi there. We stayed at this place recently and want to say how great it was. It is designed for longer stays but is just as great for short stays. It is like a tiny apartment really. You get a small kitchen equiped with basic dishes. We just picked up some food items to have as snacks as we enjoy eating in restaurants while on vacation...but you could fully cook there if desired. There are lots of restaurants and shopping in immediate area. The ball parks are about a 5 minute drive from the hotel. If you need all the amenities of a regular hotel (poo, gym, breakfast etc) this is not the place for you. But if you just want a nice room and noone bothering you, then this is it. There is no maid service unless you stay 7 days, but you can just take your used towels to the front desk and they will give you new ones. Affordable considering most of the other hotels nearby were far more expensive. Bed was comfy also, flatscreen tv and bathroom was fine. I have read some not so good reviews of this place....which from my experience are untrue. The only bad thing was that the air conditioner was a bit loud at night when it came on. Other than that, it was all good and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We were room 203 which was nice and close to the end exit door which took us to the parking lot wher...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Myrna
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stay every saturday night and have for almost 2 years for a shift at a local hospital. The girls at the desk, Stephanie and Cassandra are sweet a.d personable. All others ive encountered are great as well. They just got new tvs as well. Hotel is always clean and quiet couldnt ask for more. Thanks ladies!

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Peoria. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case! Thank you for recognizing our staff!

Blackfalds, Canada
Reviewed March 24, 2012

this is an old virually unlivable long term motel. the rooms are old. the appliances don't work. the staff try to accomidate but they are working with antiquanted crap. the wireless is the worst. they claim it is "high speed". And it is high speed 40 years ago. it is emensly slow, downloads are measured in megbytse instead of gigabytes. Carpets and general condition is deplorable.

Room Tip: Though this hotel seems like a good deal it is not. the service is ok but the room itself really suc...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank richarda855
Surprise, Arizona, United States
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We booked our room on Hotels.com, which states there is a $25 pet fee. The front desk girl said the dog was fine. The beds were HARD it was like sleeping on the floor! The sheets were just as rough and smelt like moth balls! On top of that the next morning the manager came into the room, I had just showered and was standing there naked and just stared, she said that dogs weren't allowed on the floor and that we either needed to move rooms, pay more money or get out. 15 min later a guy came to the door and told my husband to sign papers and get out. Our card was charged another $50. Do not stay here!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Stephanie L
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Phoenix - Peoria. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Peotone, Illinois
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I had to stay at this hotel through work because work was too far from home. I heard rumores from other poeple I worked with that also stayed at this hotel, saying that they had Bed Bugs. I ignored it because I was not aware of bed bugs at the time. Three weeks later, I had 43 bites on my body. I went to the doctor thinking they were spider bites but they informed me that they were bed bug bites. By that time I was already at my home on vaction for severly days before I went to the doctor. It was too late, I brought all my items inside my home. Needless to say, three months later I now have to exterminate to get rid of them. What did the hotel do? They denied the fact that they were bed bugs, or that is what my work said. But I truely believe my work and the hotel was covering it up. Never Stay at this hotel and if staying at any hotel be aware and informed of bed bugs.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Megan K
Florissant, Colorado
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Very nice motel. Everything is fresh. The front desk is friendly and efficient. The location is terrific. You can walk to restaurants of every type. Other restaurants are within just a couple of miles. Only 30 minutes to downtown PHX or some of the Spring Training ball parks.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank e2uine
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this review, March 10, 2011
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Phoenix - Peoria. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Victoria, Canada
Reviewed November 19, 2010

Asked for and received non-smoking, ground-floor room. Stayed one week in a studio at an amazing daily rate and just a few marks off total score because of garbage dumpster pick-up @ 4 AM on two nights.
Terrific value and highly recommended for location to Peoria baseball complex.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank none65
Susanlarson, Manager at Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria, responded to this review, December 5, 2010

Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
Comfort Suites Peoria Sports Complex
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix West Peoria
Hampton Inn Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria
SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Cibola Vista
Cibola Vista
#2 of 9 in Peoria

Been to Extended Stay America - Phoenix - Peoria? Share your experiences!