“We Liked It!!”

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Peoria
Plainwell, Michigan, United States
“We Liked It!!”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at the La Quinta Inn in Peoria so much, we decided to stay another night (not part of the original plan)! Our room was clean, quiet, comfortable, the price was excellent, and our golden retriever was accepted without an additional charge (WELCOMED, even...a dog-lovers dream hotel)! Fortunately, there's so much to do in Phoenix
that we could've stayed another night. The next time we're here, we'll certainly remember to plan on it!

Room Tip: If you need a room near an elevator, be sure to ask. Rheumatoid Arthritis has created a mobility is...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Martha B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 30, 2011

stayed 2 night in dec. found toe nail clippings on carpet, dirty toilet, towels and bedding stained and yellowed. breakfast quickly cleaned up at 9am even while we were there trying to eat "contenental breakfast at that.... when asked were told upper management said that it was to be close strictly at 9am. really!!!!!!!!!!!!!! won't ever stay there again, infact some staff can't speak a word of english.. didn't complain cause i was there as a guess with a friend that accually paid for the room.

Room Tip: don't stay there
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Muhlacker, Germany
Reviewed November 8, 2011

I arrived with my family after a 11 hour transatlantic flight from London. Because of the jet lag, we wake up at 4 o`clock in the morning. We did not expect to get breakfast served. After asking for a 24h coffeshop, Joe, the night staff offered us some coffee and muffins. The offer ended with a full service breakfast in the lobby with fantastic waffles, good fast and hot coffee and tea.The children were lucky, the parents too and Joe was the hero of the night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
mountain view calif
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Stayed here with my son's baseball team. It was everything we were hoping for and more! Walking distance to (literally across the street from) Peoria Sports Complex and many restaurants and Target shopping mall. Nice pool, clean, laundry facilities comfortable rooms, decent breakfast. But best of all was the extremely friendly and accommodating staff--told us which of the nearby restaurants they personally liked best, one clerk called his sister to find out where she got pedicures when the moms were looking for a "quickie" pedicure, helped us find a synagogue for Yom Kippur services inbetween baseball games, found us matches for birthday candles and a sharp knife to cut the cake (after directing us where to buy the cake), got us extra towels for post-game showers for the boys when we'd consolidated rooms open for late check-out--all the staff were simply awesome!!! We highly recommend La Quinta Peoria for travel team stay!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank mvmom10
St. Augustine, Florida
Reviewed September 5, 2011

This is a really good hotel located close to sports centers, good restaurants and movie theaters...all within walking distance.

It is a newer La Quinta and well taken care of. Our room was extremely clean, staff were efficient and friendly.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travellling with our without pets. Pool was lovely even though we didn't use it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank kathyl249
Tucson
Reviewed July 19, 2011

I have stayed at this LaQuinta twice now, and I am always pleased with the exterior, interior, environs, and personnel. Laquinta Inn and Suites are always better than just the Laquinta motels, and this one is much better than the run of the mill motel. The two rooms I stayed in were both king suites w/ microwave and fridge and sofa. The windows have a nice homey feel to them and if you stay in an upper story, you don't have lights shining in at night. All the rooms have inside entrances. The neighborhood is pretty nice, and there are many restaurants and even a Safeway grocery store nearby. The decor of the lobby, rooms, and hallway is tasteful and well-kept-up. I just found it a peaceful, welcoming, and charming place to stay and would recommend it to anyone. Laquintas are all very pet friendly.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Gracia B
AZ
Reviewed May 31, 2011

I usually LOVE La Quinta's because they are a great value and a clean place to stay. My family and I traveled to the Phoenix area for Mother's Day and I booked a room for two nights at this La Quinta.

To being with, the room looked clean and orderly, until we got into the bathroom. The bathroom has double doors that swing in. The maid service must NEVER shut the bathroom door and clean it because it had some kind of residue all over the back of the door, I'm not sure what it was. There were skuff marks and brown residue by the handles.

I needed a tissue and pulled it out of the dispenser and a few seconds later, the dispenser fell out of the hole...I couldn't get it to stay in. There was hair along the bathroom corners (not ours), and a grey film on the floor. I took along my Lysol wipes, because I have run into nasty bathrooms before (I have small children), and wiped the floor. The grey film came up, which means someone just wiped the floor down with a dirty mop and didn't care if they got the dirt up or not. I certainly don't wish to walk barefoot on that.

My husband also found someone's hair in our bedding. Wasn't ours.

To La Quinta's credit, they called shortly after we arrived up to our room and checked to make sure everything was satisfactory. When I told them about the restroom, they offered to come look at it themselves and clean it or give us another room. I would have done that but by then I had already cleaned the bathroom and my husband doesn't like to make a fuss (aka, does not like switching rooms). So they did try to fix the problem.

The continental breakfast is just that...very minimal. A few cereal choices, bagels, waffles or toast (nothing healthy), regular yogurt with full fat and sugar, bananas, apples or oranges, and hard boiled eggs. I ate the eggs. The coffee was okay, as was the OJ and water. That's about it. It would be nice to have some healthy choices for breakfast, but that would probably up the price of the room.

Swimming pool lights: had blown a breaker and they couldn't be fixed so we didn't allow our children to go into the pool at night alone. We used the Jacuzzi for about 15 minutes, which was fine. Though, all in all, the pool area was a little bit of a disappointment due to the lights, or lack thereof.

Fitness Center: 2 treadmills, 2 bikes and a weight system. It was okay, but somewhat small in area size. The weight system look VERY old. They probably don't have a lot of people that use the Fitness Center so it's not a required upgrade.

All in all, I would stay again, but I would definitely check the room and switch if I saw the same issues.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank azonies
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peoria
Hampton Inn Phoenix/Glendale/Peoria
Comfort Suites Peoria Sports Complex
SpringHill Suites Phoenix Glendale/Peoria
Cibola Vista
Cibola Vista
#2 of 9 in Peoria
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, Peoria
Residence Inn Phoenix Glendale/Peoria

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix West Peoria? Share your experiences!